Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

So pissed about new Romman Vanilla order!!! help!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 28th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Grundle
Hookah Newbie

Default So pissed about new Romman Vanilla order!!! help!

So, to start I love/loved romman's vanilla. So much so that I would mix it with practically everything. I recently purchesed some and they were out of it so they had to send me 5 50 gram packs instead of 2 125g packs or 1 250 g pack.. anyway that batch was fine...so now obviously sense they "hookah-shisha.com" or hookah wholesalers were out of the big packs they must of placed a new order.

Anyway, I ordered a half a kilo, (2 250g tins) of vanilla and it tastes absolutely horrible. This was obviously from the new batch because they got more in. I called and they said that they were constantly perfecting their flavors and that might be the difference.. but it is way way different (not the old vanilla at all when smelling up close). When I smell the bag from afar it resembles turkish coffee. So, someone at hookah wholesalers told me that might be the problem.

So, I then went to the local hookah store and smelled their new order of vanilla and when smelling the bag it smelled like vanilla but then when opened up it smelled like turkish coffee or something harsh...so that led me to believe they didnt accidently send me turkish coffee unless they sent that store turkish coffee by mistake.. So either I got sent turkish coffee, and so did the store owner, or they changed the forumula so much so that it is unbearable in terms of the sweet creamy cake like vanilla that I used to love. I see that it could be a possibility that they sent me and the store owner both turkish coffee because when sending out orders (since the individual bags don't have flavor names printed on them) they often just smell the bags and determine it that way. And from this way it smells like vanilla.

However, some of the flavors smell so similar from the outside like (blueberry, and berrybreeze) that they have put sticky tags labeling some of the packages... so either they need to do that with the turkish coffee/vanilla or they just changed the formula completely...Sorry for such a long email..im just trying to get down to the bottom of this... Any similar experiences or anything at all will help. Thanks!
-michelle
Old February 28th, 2009, 01:38 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin
Default Re: So pissed about new Romman Vanilla order!!! help!

let it air out for a few hours and then check the smell/flavor. Sometimes newer batches will have a very pungent smell soon after manufacter. But they very will may have packaged it incorrectly too.
Old February 28th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Lu1gi
Hookah Nut

not sure if you know this, but Hookah-shisha makes romman, it is not something that they buy from a distributor.
Old February 28th, 2009, 05:24 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu1gi View Post
not sure if you know this, but Hookah-shisha makes romman, it is not something that they buy from a distributor.
does h-s also make nammor hoses?
Old February 28th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Lu1gi
Hookah Nut

well for some reason i think that a distributor makes the nammors, caravans, grands?, and razans.. sends them in different colors, and makes the colors exclusive

but nammor hoses are , by name, H-s exclusive.
Old February 28th, 2009, 05:50 PM
ByronSA
Hookah Pro

i don't know who makes the hoses, but nammor (romman) is from H-S while razan is from nazarhookah. same hose, just different vendor

and sorry about your vanila. i've never smoked it, but try letting it air out for a few ours as abu said
Old February 28th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

I'm sorry to hear that. I've never been a fan of Romman. I've tried samples 2 regular flavors and 2 mixes and they were nothing to write home about. Turkish Coffee that was raved about was a pile of stems, and I mean a pile. After I got rid of the logs the resulting bowl pack was disappointing to say the least. Their Strawberry was an epic fail. Their Strawberry Chocolate Cake tasted like cheap cherry cola. The Dr. Pepper mix (prunes & cola) was decent but not great. Overpriced and underperforming.
Old February 28th, 2009, 07:12 PM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven

I'm with Dunk and Abu on this one. As Abu said, let it air out for awhile. It's surprising to see what great effect this can have to the smell/flavour. As Dunk said, Romman just leaves too much to be desired. That's why you should roll with Nakhla - only the best!
Old March 2nd, 2009, 03:19 AM
h0lic
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to h0lic Send a message via Yahoo to h0lic

You should try out the ivory coast and mint flavors. their good times mix(citrus mint) is not bad either. Sorry you're having troubles.
Old March 7th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Grundle
Hookah Newbie

Thanks guys but I got ahold of Sami Romman and he personally shipped me 10 50 gram pouches because there was a mix up and the 125g and 250g packages did get mixed up with the turkish coffee. Anyway, I'm happy now...I got my yummy yummy creamy romman vanilla back. Also, of course hookah-shisha or hookah wholesalers are run by the Rommans. And for the question about the hose, Nammor is just Romman spelled backwords so of course they will have it.

Lastly, you guys need to give romman another shot. It is by far my favorite, its got nice thick smoke volume, wonderful flavor, (including the strawberry) and just a great smoke. And yes, I love the mint, I go through a 250g of their mint, a 250 of their blueberry and a 250 of their vanilla atleast every 3 weeks or so. I also go through about 500 g of fumari papaya a month... yummmmmmy!!!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook