Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Nahkla Put Me In The Hospital...

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 2nd, 2009, 02:11 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Default Re: Nahkla Put Me In The Hospital...

It really sounds like a food allergy. Are you allergic to any food? Have you smoked Nakhla before this? If anything it sounds like the Fantasia was the problem.

The onset, if caused by nakhla, would have occurred during smoking - you did smoke a whole bowl without problems, and then symptoms appear out of nowhere? I know monoxide poisoning can cause shallow breathing and too much can cause your throat to swell, so I think that is what happened to you.

And honestly, i don't see how a doctor could diagnose you are treat you while also differentiating between two forms of shisha which most non-smokers know absolutely noting about. Ohh, after a 2 hour rest FROM the Nakhla. Were yous moking anything during the 2 hours? or resting?

This is almost obviously monoxide poisoning.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 02:20 PM
Dakins
Hookah Pro

Come on guys, it has to be Nakhla that's at a fault here, after all Fantasia is a Premium shisha
Old March 2nd, 2009, 02:22 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

I blame the coals and excessive smoking.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 02:47 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
Yeah man that would suck. It would be similar to being allergic to steak or lobster.
yeah, if by steak and lobster you mean dog turds and cat pee.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 03:43 PM
Xazon
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Egyptian View Post
Nakhla using allergens in their tobacco. One more shitty fact about shitty Nakhla !
Thumps up Spread the truth :b

But that is just Like wow why dont they set a warning on the package or something
Old March 2nd, 2009, 04:17 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xazon View Post
Thumps up Spread the truth :b

But that is just Like wow why dont they set a warning on the package or something
there are a lot of small things that some people have reactions to, and some things that even the manufactures of food or what ever do not know about. many times flavors/spices/etc are made by one company by combining ingredients from other companies, sold to companies that then sell it to you. you would be surprised how much of a hassle it is if you eat gluten free (as an example since i have to and know it the best) how much things have it in them because of some stupid thing that is put in way back in the line.

if you have a horrid pollen allergy you probably shouldnt smoke any tobacco with honey because there is some pollen still in the honey (my friend cannot eat honey, any with out getting ill because he has such a bad allergy to it).

and again, if the doc things you had a reaction to something you smoked 2 hours before and then started smoking something else and got a reaction they are stupid or there was a lack of communication some how. if your throat is going to close up like that it would happen right away when you smoke what is giving you issues

-matt
Old March 2nd, 2009, 04:18 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
there are a lot of small things that some people have reactions to, and some things that even the manufactures of food or what ever do not know about. many times flavors/spices/etc are made by one company by combining ingredients from other companies, sold to companies that then sell it to you. you would be surprised how much of a hassle it is if you eat gluten free (as an example since i have to and know it the best) how much things have it in them because of some stupid thing that is put in way back in the line.

if you have a horrid pollen allergy you probably shouldnt smoke any tobacco with honey because there is some pollen still in the honey (my friend cannot eat honey, any with out getting ill because he has such a bad allergy to it).

and again, if the doc things you had a reaction to something you smoked 2 hours before and then started smoking something else and got a reaction they are stupid or there was a lack of communication some how. if your throat is going to close up like that it would happen right away when you smoke what is giving you issues

-matt
Amen matt.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 07:28 PM
wonderland
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
ya im not sure how you could have an anaphylactic reaction that long after ingesting it. i would be more willing to be its the amount of nicotine you had over that time that did it as apposed to the tobacco it self. it just doesnt make sense to me

that sucks though, but honestly if you had the reaction to smoking it you probably would have the reaction to smelling it, so if you smelled it and your throat tightened up some i would say it is an issue but 2 hours after doesnt seem right

-matt
My friend is allergic to all milk products (glucose, something else there are like 3 things) no dairy at all... he could ingest it and no have any reaction until 8 hrs later... this actually happened once... we went and had wings... well the sauce had butter in it... and when he went to go to bed it hit him and it was like 8 hours later... had to epi pen himself and be rushed to the hospital....
Old March 2nd, 2009, 08:44 PM
jdeuel3868
Hookah Newbie

Yeah a smoking allergy would be immediate. Like a bee sting it would be as soon as you smoked. I agree with others that it is probably a carbon monoxide poisoning case more than the smoking. Some biased doctor against hookahs lol. I think this had to be a case of CO poisoning and maybe some other combo of situations.

Another thing is the bashing of nakhla for using allergens... come on all shisha has fruit products in it with mollasses and honey. fantasia contains the same stuff as nakhla and al waha for that matter.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 08:50 PM
Murkmastur
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to Murkmastur Send a message via Yahoo to Murkmastur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
Yeah man that would suck. It would be similar to being allergic to steak or lobster.
now THAT..would suck..I mean, Nakhla's great, but lobster and steak? I would want to go to the hospital asap just to get THAT fixed.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 09:13 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
yeah, if by steak and lobster you mean dog turds and cat pee.
No I said steak and lobster not Tangiers and Al Fakher. One good jab deserves another.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 10:53 PM
HookahCody
Hookah Newbie

Kind of an off topic question, but I've never tried Nakhla. How is the buzz compared to say a cigarette or 2?
Old March 3rd, 2009, 12:59 AM
Shushyne4np2ne
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Shushyne4np2ne Send a message via Yahoo to Shushyne4np2ne

Alright, here's the skinny:

I just talked to the doctor. He told me that he was throwing out names. They took some blood while I was there and it was CO poisoning. stupid me, it was my 3rd bowl, the fantasia Strawberry Lemonade. I apologize for everyone I dumbfounded. And to those who don't like Fantasia, Oh well, I think it has pretty decent flavor. It's no Starbuzz, but it's good. Maybe I'll try Nahkla with some food and drink next time and things will go better. Thanks for all the support and well wishes, I appreciate it that I know that a community shows this much love. Now if only I could find someone to trade me a Phunnel for a Vortex. And No, I don't have food allergies.

Old March 3rd, 2009, 01:04 AM
babaganoush123
Hookah Nut

whats co poisoning and what can that do to you? funny thing is i just bought some nakhla sweetmelon 2hr ago and smoked it.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 01:06 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

i guess now the important question is what coals were you using?
Old March 3rd, 2009, 01:09 AM
Dakins
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaganoush123 View Post
whats co poisoning and what can that do to you? funny thing is i just bought some nakhla sweetmelon 2hr ago and smoked it.
Carbon Monoxide. CO is the chemical formula. Basically, the coals and the shisha release this gas when consumed, it's a chemical reaction. In small doses it will make you sick, dizzy, light-headed, etc. In large doses it can kill you. Then, there's every possible reaction in-between.

Moral: too much of a good thing will throw ya off your seat.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 01:17 AM
jdeuel3868
Hookah Newbie

CO is the bi product of an incomplete combustion reaction! HAHA Science!
Old March 3rd, 2009, 09:08 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
My friend is allergic to all milk products (glucose, something else there are like 3 things) no dairy at all... he could ingest it and no have any reaction until 8 hrs later... this actually happened once... we went and had wings... well the sauce had butter in it... and when he went to go to bed it hit him and it was like 8 hours later... had to epi pen himself and be rushed to the hospital....
well that sounds like he has some lower gi allergy to it so that makes sense but most food allergies are pretty fast. and glucose is the sugar your brain uses to function, you can have issues with getting really ill from the levels being off but that is pretty rare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murkmastur View Post
now THAT..would suck..I mean, Nakhla's great, but lobster and steak? I would want to go to the hospital asap just to get THAT fixed.
try not being able to eat anything with wheat,rye,barley, or spelt or anything made from them at all

as to the OP, glad to hear it was that, well not glad but you know what i mean. and i also want to know what coals there were, i smoke 2-3 bowls a night and never have issues, but i do use nat coals (the QLs give me headaches/taste like shit and i havent used them for a good while now)

-matt
Old March 4th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Shushyne4np2ne
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Shushyne4np2ne Send a message via Yahoo to Shushyne4np2ne

The coals were shitty 4 dollar silver tabs. They are nasty, but I was running low on dough. I'm switching to CH coals as soon as I can, hopefully my shop will stock them. They've never heard of Rammon and never heard of a heba diffuser. Seriously.

Old March 4th, 2009, 10:51 AM
gigdarling25
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to gigdarling25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe View Post
The almighty Nahkla smites another foe that cant hang LOL
haha! +1

but seriously, that's freakin scary
Old March 4th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Fezzik Send a message via Yahoo to Fezzik

If I found out I was allergic to Nakhla I would just have to have an epi pin every time I smoked. If I found out I was allergic to Nakhla banana I would shrug and say no big loss. I liked it better than the wife but I still was not a fan. She thought it was like smoking sweaty gym socks. Anyway upgrade the coals and make sure they are completely lit next time. I mean completely lit. Also smoke with friends and ventilate the room for crying out loud.
Old March 4th, 2009, 06:50 PM
hellas325
Hookah Nut

Smoke Starbuzz because Nakhla could kill!
Old March 4th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Madwolf
Hookah Enthusiast

When i first heard this my reaction is that it would be more the coals than the tobaccos! I mean especially if there Crap QL's the Only QL i use are three kings, and that because IF you let them get all the way lit I've never had a issue with those. Even Akahla coals have issues from time to time. The second reaction i had was, why wouldnt it be the fantasia and not the NAkahla? Finally i thought...... Maybe hes alergic to bananas?

I think Nakahla is probally the most basic and "safe", I would say lightly since were talking about tobbacco, of the choices you have out there. I'm a Baja Fanboy, I dont Deny it. But If i want a good box-o-fallback, never bad smoke. Its nakhla. Its cheap, it taste good, its 0 work.
Old March 4th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Adrian
Hookah Newbie

good to hear that your OK, at least it wasn't the Nahkla
Old March 4th, 2009, 10:31 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shushyne4np2ne View Post
The coals were shitty 4 dollar silver tabs. They are nasty, but I was running low on dough. I'm switching to CH coals as soon as I can, hopefully my shop will stock them. They've never heard of Rammon and never heard of a heba diffuser. Seriously.

... Romman not Romman. Heba diffusers are not widely used at all actually. A lot of younger smokers seem to love them but they really just suppress the noise of the bubbles so mostly they are just a waste of moeny for hookah smokers.

I have to say something. CO poisoning is dangerous business. You need to make sure to breath regularly, make sure your coals are fully lit, use naturals and BREATH! This is a common mistake when you start out but you seem to have had a really strong reaction. that means you really over did it.

BE CAREFUL!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook