Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Most out of your buck

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 26th, 2007, 02:54 PM
KLD
Hookah Newbie

Default Most out of your buck

I've been giving my hookah bars menu serious consideration over the last few days, but I need some support on what to do pricing wise for bowls ect.

I plan to have a 1 drink minimum if your not smoking
Im gonna be offering al amir, al fahker, layalina, possibly starbuzz

Now this is my question should I charge per person or per bowl?

If I charge $8 per person and let them order what ever type of shisha they want and 3 people come in a group and order the same shisha then it will be $24 on the same hookah.
If one person comes in I take out one hookah and hook him up and it will be $8.

If I charge 15$ per bowl and one person comes in they arn't gonna be happy and think this place is expensive
If 3 people come in and I charge 15$ per bowl its gonna be cheap and they are gonna be happy.

Now lets say I charge per person and I also charge for refills( $5 maybe more maybe less? )

The people who ordered the same shisha and smoked through it quick are gonna most likely be paying for another bowl seeing as they had 3 people on the same hookah.

The people who payed per person are most likely not going to pay for another refill because they are most likely not going to go through it that quickly.

Too me it seems the per person route would be the best, but others say the per bowl is the best way to go. Give me your input on what you think.

Now, all of this leads to another very interesting dilemma.
My customer base is going to be locals, I'm not offering every flavor of each brand, I have select few which I will be offering. I live in La vista nebraska, population 18000~, My neighbor town is papillion which is around 18000 also. But omaha is near by which is around 400,000.. I found a place in papillion which is pretty damn cheap for rent, its visible from a major street, and crimes just don't happen in papillion. But omaha has alot more people, you will pay alot for a premium place that people can see and its obviously filled will violence.
Old September 26th, 2007, 03:09 PM
kingmaddog
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to kingmaddog Send a message via AIM to kingmaddog Send a message via MSN to kingmaddog Send a message via Yahoo to kingmaddog
Default Re: Most out of your buck

I say do the per person rate, but if a group comes in you should offer a group rate.
Old September 26th, 2007, 03:20 PM
KLD
Hookah Newbie

But if I do the per person rate, people will most likely get different types of shisha, that means I would have to purchase more hookahs, use more shisha, and coals.
Old September 26th, 2007, 05:15 PM
nofrendo
Hookah Nut

Per person. Charge like $10. That's a great deal, and most people will come in with a group.
Old September 26th, 2007, 05:43 PM
PerznPerversion
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to PerznPerversion

honestly charge per hookah.. 10 bucks per hookah is fine, if 3 people smoke the same hookah and its 10 bucks each thats outrageous IMO. you can also make rules, being only two people can smoke out of one hookah. if you want to add a 3rd person to the hookah charge them 5 more bucks. that way everyone is happy. even 15 bucks is a lil high, but theres no competition so do w/e u want
Old September 26th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I somewhat agree, I would say for making money and still being fair enough that people will come to your place, repeatedly. Charge $10 for 3 people per hookah. So if you have 4 people, it would be $20 for two hookahs. OR if they don't want to buy another hookah, just charge $5 per head over 3. So for 4 people with 1 hookah it would be $15

I went to a pool hall/hookah bar and they only charged $9 for Al Fakher, and we had 5 people smoking off it ... I will DEFINITELY go back there!

So, IMO, my above recommendation is pretty fair ... and will make you money. Think about how much it cost you for 1 bowl, or even two, and do the math ... there is money to be made while still keeping it reasonable for people to ENJOY coming to your establishment.

You WANT people to come back, because you have fair prices ...

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old September 26th, 2007, 10:18 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

I wouldn't mind paying per person. Usually if you get a group of people together , they decide on one hookah to share if they are going to go in on it.

I think it should be 12 for 3 people and if they need a second hookah give them a second for 8. (if they have more than 3 people.) If there are a lot of people smoking a hookah they burnt hrough it quicker and they get hookah head really bad. So try and limit how many people are smoking so it doesn't burn the bowl as quick.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old September 27th, 2007, 07:11 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

my suggestion: charge a flat rate for all but SB.

Say like $10 for a single person hookah.
For every person who want's to "share" a hookah, add $2 per person to the price.

2 people = $12
3 people = $14
4 people = $16

For a refill, maybe charge $5 per bowl or atleast half price of the orginial price.

3 people - $14, so a refill would be $7

If someone comes in who doesn't wish to purchase a hookah, yes - do state that it would be a "one drink/snack" min or if you really want to keep things hookah only, only allow "smoking" inside the place.
Old September 27th, 2007, 01:49 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

I wouldnt like to be charged per person when i go somewhere. And i belive 15 per person is too much.
I pay 7dollars per bowl at the local lounge (for up to four ppl) and second hookah if we are more than 4.
When i started "hookahing" it was 0,50 wich is 1.2 dollars per bowl.
I can buy 250g of premium shisha with $15 so i wouldnt pay that for a bowl
Old September 27th, 2007, 04:39 PM
sabsz
Hookah Pro

9 dollars per bowl, and a dollar for the number of people so if theres 4 ppl on one hookah its 13 dollars. If you add another hookah charge another 9 dollars for the bowl and a dollar per person. Two couples on two seperate hookahs is 22 dollars. Then you should come up with certain deals that possibly go by the day of the week like mark down mondays or something ahahah . oh and 4 bucks for refills.
Old September 27th, 2007, 07:07 PM
nicayotte
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to nicayotte

Do $10 for a hookah, any type then have a $2 for every extra person. Also do the must order something like a drink or snack, it makes sense......

Heres are some good ideas also.....

Buy 2 hookas for $20 get the third one free.....
Punch Cards for each hookah like buy 5 get your 6th for free (50$ with only a minor hit)
Bring your own hookah - $5 tabacco not included.....

I got many more if you are interested... i do marketing so i am full of ideas

Old September 28th, 2007, 10:11 AM
sznapsy
Hookah Nut

Personally, I think the Pay per person, and get unlimited shisha say $10-15 is the best deal. 2 people to a hookah, so it's $20-30 for unlimited shisha per hookah in other words.

People won't usually smoke MASSIVE amounts of shisha in 1 day, so it's really better for you when those people come in and smoke 2 bowls, and leave.
Old October 30th, 2007, 08:51 AM
CarolinaJohn
Hookah Nut

There are only 2 hookah establishmens in the city I live in. One is a Bar/Show type atmosphere and the other is an outdoor, no alcohol place.

We actually enjoyed the outdoor place because of the ability to relax outside and people watch as we smoked.

We frequented the place often and usually for two people we were hit for 10-12 bucks per session. I found it resonable.

Well, we had some folks come in from out of town this past weekend and we wanted to start the bar crawl at the Hookah place. There were a total of 15 people with us, of which, 9 people smoked hookah while the other just sat in and conversed. They set up 3 hookahs for the nine smokers. They put out a very small tray of finger pastries and I think 4 people had a small cup of tea. Nothing else was consumed.

I figured I would treat as several of the folks had never experienced the Hookah and I had made the suggestion. I went inside to pay and they hit me for $81.00. I think I crapped on the floor right there.

They used Naklah Shisha and I cannot imagine them using more than about 2-3 dollars worth of Shisha per bowl. That would have been say 9 bucks. Then the tea (4 very small cups) and the scant amount of pastry. If they would have charged say 14 per Hookah it would have been 42 bucks and then what ever for the rest of the stuff. I do not believe that 4 cups of tea and the small tray of pastry should have hit the 39 dollar mark. My God!

I questioned the cost and was met with such an attitude that I just paid it and assured them I would not return or promote their place any longer.

Am I off here?

I think not. I truly believe they are destined for failure if that sort of price hike continues!
Old October 30th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I think that hookah bars charge a ridiculous amount for hookah! I must be in the wrong business!!!

We like to go out now and then for hookah, so occasionally we will hit up a hookah bar or restaurant. To be honest though, we definitely get more bang for the buck in our own home. But every now and then it is nice to go out and smoke. We have one place we go on Mondays and it is $7 for a hookah and they have Al Fakher. There is another place that has some good happy hour prices, where we will get a hookah and a couple drinks for a reasonable amount of money.

A majority of the time though, we would rather smoke at home, with friends, or just by ourselves kicking back and watching a game, movie, or tv.

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook