Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Sambooka's Video Saved my lungs/life.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 8th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Lu1gi
Hookah Nut

Default Sambooka's Video Saved my lungs/life.

Hey guys, I just wanted to say that before hookahpro and Sambooka's how-to set up a hookah video, I was totally mistaken about hookah. I had bought it on the boardwalk and gotten two rolls of quick lights, tongs, the hookah, and the hose, that was it. We used to put pipe tobacco in and use a mixture of matches and bendy grill lighters to light it while we pulled. I will have a video explination up within 24 hours, so watch out for that.
Old March 8th, 2009, 06:20 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Default Re: Sambooka's Video Saved my lungs/life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu1gi View Post
Hey guys, I just wanted to say that before hookahpro and Sambooka's how-to set up a hookah video, I was totally mistaken about hookah. I had bought it on the boardwalk and gotten two rolls of quick lights, tongs, the hookah, and the hose, that was it. We used to put pipe tobacco in and use a mixture of matches and bendy grill lighters to light it while we pulled. I will have a video explination up within 24 hours, so watch out for that.
Wow... that's just special. Good job with actually astounding me with that one.
Old March 9th, 2009, 05:02 AM
LoQuik
Hookah Pro

Thats intense. I've never heard of something like that before.
Old March 9th, 2009, 05:32 AM
Divine
Hookah Nut

Jokes.com ...? :x
Old March 9th, 2009, 01:34 PM
cherno83
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to cherno83

I always love reading those lil instructional guide pamphlets lol. I'm so Asian, but I think every hookah should come with one cause of general use from random pplz.
Old March 9th, 2009, 01:41 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

I don't think its the vendor's need to really educate, but they should also be informed. A lot of smokeshops just think its just like a pipe. They sell quicklights as being better than natural coals cause they light quicker, they sell epic tobacco because its sold as a premium tobacco.

The reason I love HP is that there is a love of the tradition of hookah more here than any place I've seen. I hate little friggin hipsters and how they destroy hookah culture just cause they think it makes them look cool or something. They set it up wrong, they smoke it wrong, they dont even know how to properly pass a hose without offending anyone. Bah...

anyhow, Sambooka's vid is honestly an excellent video that newbies should see, even if youve smoked for a while but never were really taught directly, its important to see. I can't tell you how many times I set up a hookah and people wanted to inhale the second the coal hit the foil, i mean, let the fucker heat up, you gotta preheat the oven to bake cookies, it works the same damn way man!

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old March 9th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
you gotta preheat the oven to bake cookies, it works the same damn way man!
Quoted for Truth
Old March 9th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Lu1gi
Hookah Nut

hahah yeah id probably be addicted if i kept doin that
inhaling pipe tobacco = bad
Old March 9th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Alex83rd
Hookah Newbie

Yeah I'm with you there Lu1gi. My first hookah came to me as a gift. Needless to say I had no idea what I was doing. A quick search on youtube brought me Sambooka's how to video. Thankfully theres a great community like this where newbies, like myself, can learn from.
Old March 9th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Dakins
Hookah Pro

Mmm yep, I was also introduced to HP by Sambooka's youtube channel. I watched his how to guide almost immediately after I got my first hookah, so I messed up a lot less than I otherwise would have.

Hurray for Sam!!
Old March 9th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Lu1gi
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex83rd View Post
Yeah I'm with you there Lu1gi. My first hookah came to me as a gift. Needless to say I had no idea what I was doing. A quick search on youtube brought me Sambooka's how to video. Thankfully theres a great community like this where newbies, like myself, can learn from.
yeah, after being on here for a month or so, I can say that I am not a hookah newbie anymore.. not an expert. . . but definitely not a newbie
Old March 9th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Full_ron
Hookah Newbie

I have to give sam some credits for showing how to male a bowl out of a kiwi. I would have never tried it without his video.
Old March 9th, 2009, 04:19 PM
jdeuel3868
Hookah Newbie

I had to teach myself with very little info. Its amazing how much HP as added to online hookah culture. Now anyone can get online and learn to be a "Hookah Pro" in little time. Also, before I joined in didn't know that there was 1000's of hookah nerds like me that own 5+ rigs and smoke daily lol.
Old March 9th, 2009, 04:25 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Speaks the truth smokeshop just wanna sell they products and make money most(not all) haven't got a clue what they are doing.

And i hate when people start taking a drag straight when the coals are put on, so what i do is bring the hose out when the bowls heated lol, most are like WTF are you waiting for

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
I don't think its the vendor's need to really educate, but they should also be informed. A lot of smokeshops just think its just like a pipe. They sell quicklights as being better than natural coals cause they light quicker, they sell epic tobacco because its sold as a premium tobacco.

The reason I love HP is that there is a love of the tradition of hookah more here than any place I've seen. I hate little friggin hipsters and how they destroy hookah culture just cause they think it makes them look cool or something. They set it up wrong, they smoke it wrong, they dont even know how to properly pass a hose without offending anyone. Bah...

anyhow, Sambooka's vid is honestly an excellent video that newbies should see, even if youve smoked for a while but never were really taught directly, its important to see. I can't tell you how many times I set up a hookah and people wanted to inhale the second the coal hit the foil, i mean, let the fucker heat up, you gotta preheat the oven to bake cookies, it works the same damn way man!
Old March 9th, 2009, 05:54 PM
QuakeHookah
Hookah Nut

yes my buds always try to sneak a drag without me looking right when i put the coals on and i have to repeatedly tell them not to... every single damn time
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook