Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Good Quality Hookahs?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 10th, 2009, 04:46 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006
Default Re: Good Quality Hookahs?

I have read all the comments on this page and all are true to they own experiences, but i would just like to add, i have the tri-metal and the stem quality is amazing, but the base is so thin and lite, it seems it will break whenever i put it down, i have to say the base is of the crappest quality i have come across its worse then some chinese bases.

I have never smoked or owned a syrian but i would like it to be my next purchase as they do look solid and i like the tighter pull as many people have mentioned they have, i hate the lake of resistance on my KM's and it dont feel like im smoking.
Old March 10th, 2009, 08:51 AM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Sir if you close the door on an audi a8 an close the door on any hyundai, you will notice the difference i speak of in that reference.

as to the rest of your reply, well KMs are all the same in the middle and the heart for the most part. There was really more to what I was getting at then just stem decoration.

I bought a cheap nour, my inexpensive KM was more expensive than it, and I was more pleased with the nour.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old March 10th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
Sir if you close the door on an audi a8 an close the door on any hyundai, you will notice the difference i speak of in that reference.

as to the rest of your reply, well KMs are all the same in the middle and the heart for the most part. There was really more to what I was getting at then just stem decoration.

I bought a cheap nour, my inexpensive KM was more expensive than it, and I was more pleased with the nour.
i assume youve never been in the new genesis but i digress.

the trimetals have brass hearts. some models have brass cores.

the nour you have, was sold for 100 bucks on hookahcompany, 91 at **********. i dont really consider that cheap. thats on par with any of the trimetal kms. you haven't seen cheap nours because i don't think anyone bothers carrying them
Old March 10th, 2009, 12:52 PM
gigdarling25
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to gigdarling25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
i assume youve never been in the new genesis but i digress.

the trimetals have brass hearts. some models have brass cores.

the nour you have, was sold for 100 bucks on hookahcompany, 91 at **********. i dont really consider that cheap. thats on par with any of the trimetal kms. you haven't seen cheap nours because i don't think anyone bothers carrying them
http://www.thehookah.com/nour-brass-...s-24-inch.html

it's about 80 dollars :]
Old March 10th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigdarling25 View Post
$80 isn't that cheap. They also make those smaller models in non brass.

Had that little one. I wasn't really a fan, the larger one that photolinger has is, in my opinion, a lot better. I sold the little one for like $40 bucks (no one wanted it at the time) and it was practically new. I should have waited till everyone started hyping syrian hookahs and made a killing on it

Last edited by Scoop; March 10th, 2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old March 10th, 2009, 01:42 PM
gigdarling25
Hookah Nut

Quote:
$80 isn't that cheap. They also make those smaller models in non brass.

Had that little one. I wasn't really a fan, the larger one that photolinger has is, in my opinion, a lot better. I sold the little one for like $40 bucks (no one wanted it at the time) and it was practically new. I should have waited till everyone started hyping syrian hookahs and made a killing on it
Yeah, i get what you're saying. i dont really have 80 to spend willy-nilly. Sorry no one wanted your nour. I liked my bf's nour (the one i linked). imo, i dont like the way brass looks.. but if it's better quality, then it is what it is.

Sorry if i got you mad :] please dont be mad at me...?
Old March 10th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

lol im not mad. this is how i discuss things
Old March 10th, 2009, 01:46 PM
gigdarling25
Hookah Nut

Quote:
lol im not mad. this is how i discuss things
Yay! okay then
Old March 10th, 2009, 04:24 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

I own a nour and KMs.

I have never recieved a defective KM in my numerous orders. My only nour order was a manufacturing defect. That sets them back in my book.

My KMs have sturdier trays and glassware as well as thicker gauge.

My KM trimetal is much heavier/sturdier feeling than even the solid brass nour stem. I have the same SSR stem that photolinger has and it is much lighter and weaker feeling. Purge is easier on both my KMs than my nour.

My opinion: KM > Nour.
Old March 10th, 2009, 04:33 PM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradedup View Post
+1 Bro ..... +1 .....
Old March 10th, 2009, 04:52 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

I got the same KM as you use in some of your vids the blue vase, but the base is so light weight, and feels cheap to me

But mine and yours are probably gonna be different

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradedup View Post
I own a nour and KMs.

I have never recieved a defective KM in my numerous orders. My only nour order was a manufacturing defect. That sets them back in my book.

My KMs have sturdier trays and glassware as well as thicker gauge.

My KM trimetal is much heavier/sturdier feeling than even the solid brass nour stem. I have the same SSR stem that photolinger has and it is much lighter and weaker feeling. Purge is easier on both my KMs than my nour.

Old March 10th, 2009, 10:41 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

i want to say again, my nour was 80 from john. my nour that is taller than that 24.

bradedup's nour sucks at purging. i saw the vid. mine isnt that bad, look at my vid. it takes a sec longer but the point is it still purges completely.

my Alfakhnour purges better than my KM, my glyph purges better than my km (...it does have 2 valves though lol) and both of em smoke better.

i can respect bradedup's opinion and really anyone else who's tried both, as i stated earlier is most people here havnt tried much else.

My opinion is shared by a few others on this forum that have smoked both as well, syrian brass > km.

by the way, i feel some of you dont really get that i hav a very joking attitude on this site, so when i say shit like break your km and say km fanboys, you need to friggin take a chill pill. i dont see tangiers smokers get all up in arms over dunk's opinion of tangiers fanboys...

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old March 10th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

I need to try one of those Syrian hookahs. BTW, I really appreciate photolinger's input about Nour hookahs. I learned a lot from him.
Old March 10th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Trivial
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
i want to say again, my nour was 80 from john. my nour that is taller than that 24.

bradedup's nour sucks at purging. i saw the vid. mine isnt that bad, look at my vid. it takes a sec longer but the point is it still purges completely.

my Alfakhnour purges better than my KM, my glyph purges better than my km (...it does have 2 valves though lol) and both of em smoke better.

i can respect bradedup's opinion and really anyone else who's tried both, as i stated earlier is most people here havnt tried much else.

My opinion is shared by a few others on this forum that have smoked both as well, syrian brass > km.

by the way, i feel some of you dont really get that i hav a very joking attitude on this site, so when i say shit like break your km and say km fanboys, you need to friggin take a chill pill. i dont see tangiers smokers get all up in arms over dunk's opinion of tangiers fanboys...
I really dont give a shit about my nours purge and I prefer my nour ashtray over the km... the nour ashtray has more detail on it and screws on so the ash tray doesn't move all over the place like my km ice

Nours are more solid piece but does not have as good of a pull as a km

both great pieces

to each its own

Last edited by Trivial; March 11th, 2009 at 12:00 AM.
Old March 11th, 2009, 12:21 AM
dwicker21
Hookah Nut

any km, you're buying quality when you buy the brand... buy the one you like the best, find one that looks sweet and post a pic or vids using it and show us your smoke
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook