Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Problem w/ Coals

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 11th, 2009, 02:53 AM
Shushyne4np2ne
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Shushyne4np2ne Send a message via Yahoo to Shushyne4np2ne
Default Problem w/ Coals

[FONT=Century Gothic]Alright folks, I'm having some serious problems with my coals. If I put 2 on my bowl, it gives me amazingly thick smoke, but it's harsh. When I only put one on, thin smoke, but tasty. I tried to cut them in half, but I still get harsh smoke. i don't know what to do! It's really pissing me off.[/FONT]

Old March 11th, 2009, 03:04 AM
Alex83rd
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Problem w/ Coals

Theres a few things you can try. If you're using 2 coals, try switching the spot of the coals. Theres also a possibility you're packing your bowl to high and the shisha thats touching the foil is burning. I know my very first few bowls were filled to high and was burning.
Old March 11th, 2009, 03:08 AM
Shushyne4np2ne
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Shushyne4np2ne Send a message via Yahoo to Shushyne4np2ne

Oh, and BTW, I'm using 3 Kings QL. (I know they aren't that good. I didn't know that at the time, but I'm not going to waste them!) I think I might be packing my bowl a bit too high... But I don't know. It's just that when I pack it low enough, it's looks like it's going to last about 20 minutes.

Old March 11th, 2009, 03:14 AM
wonderland
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to wonderland

look at the foil.. if you have burn tobacco sticking to it you have packed the bowl too much. when u have the bowl packing right play with the heat management until u get it...just dont over pack.
Old March 11th, 2009, 03:15 AM
ThEDrEaMEnDeR
Hookah Pro

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224 you could try this i use it and never burn the shisha. best of luck man
Old March 11th, 2009, 05:09 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

use one and a windcover should work better
Old March 11th, 2009, 05:09 AM
Ninorey123
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Ninorey123

i know whats goin on here. your using the 33mm 3kings right? use the 44mm or 40mm or whatever it is.the bigger ones have perfect heat. on my phunnel i first used 3 3king 33mm and shit was hot. so i found the bigger ones and instead used two and it was perfect. the idea was usggested by a member ahwile back. so you should only need one of the bigger 3kings. OOORR do what i did in the end and just buy cheap exoticas + single coil burner.
Old March 11th, 2009, 05:14 AM
wonderland
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninorey123 View Post
i know whats goin on here. your using the 33mm 3kings right? use the 44mm or 40mm or whatever it is.the bigger ones have perfect heat. on my phunnel i first used 3 3king 33mm and shit was hot. so i found the bigger ones and instead used two and it was perfect. the idea was usggested by a member ahwile back. so you should only need one of the bigger 3kings. OOORR do what i did in the end and just buy cheap exoticas + single coil burner.

Exoticas kick ass +1 bro! and i agree with the 40mm QL if the are a must.
Old March 11th, 2009, 07:05 AM
HiToKiRi
Hookah Nut

Agreed with most here in that you should first make sure you're not overpacking. Secondly, if you're using two 33mm coals per session, make sure you're putting them as close to the edge of the bowl as possible (meaning as far as they'll go before they want to fall off the bowl) on opposite sides. Rotate them (to a different position on the bowl) every 10 - 15 minutes.

What foil are you using? Make sure you're using HD foil or if it's the thin foil make sure you double-layer it.

Last edited by HiToKiRi; March 11th, 2009 at 07:09 AM.
Old March 11th, 2009, 09:54 AM
kevin454
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via MSN to kevin454

probably going to say pretty much like everyone else.... I use to use 3K QL, i have a small ceramic bowl and i would use 2 3K on the outer edge of the bowl. pack your bowl fairly low and you shouldnt have any problems. i was paking to high at first and figured out i was putting too much shisha in my bowl. packing lighter and lower gave me a good 30 min session. move your coals around every 10 mins or so when theyve gotten too small throw on the wind cover! o yeah... i use el-cheapo foil double layer....
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook