Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

The Future of Starbuzz

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 12th, 2009, 06:50 PM
UXK
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to UXK Send a message via Yahoo to UXK
Default Re: The Future of Starbuzz

to each his own is what i always say.
Old March 12th, 2009, 06:58 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
I can't see the appeal of the fake candy taste. Moassel souldn't taste like a kid playing with a chemistry set and that is what SB always gives me. While Nakhla is far from my favorite brand it blows SB away every time. About the only good thing to say about SB is that it's not King Moassel.
i find that some candyish tastes have their places and other dont. starbuzz i think over all while candyish is better than some of the other candy tastes (maybe its because going in you know it will be that way). safari melon dew has kind of a candy flavor but its not overwhelming IMHO and is a great smoke.

i just end up getting tired of a group of flavors usually after a while of smoking a few of them for a few weeks. nakhla is one of my top brands along with tangiers but starbuzz is also there but nakhla has the highest success in likable flavors

-matt
Old March 12th, 2009, 07:08 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

i've seen all of those products you are mentioning and i can easily stock them, however, i could jip people like that.
hypnosis is a lower grade product by sb to compete with all of the lower grade shisha that tries to rip off sb's stuff, like fusion, tonic and some other junk out there that is made in jordan.
As far as the hookahs and accessories all I will say is thanks HP for all of the education. Hopefully not too many of you will fall for that crap.
Call it what you will but in the end there are no "great" or "wow" products being discussed here. (well, other than nakhla dunk)
Old March 12th, 2009, 07:11 PM
speel
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to speel

Starbuzz is doing their own thing, I used to bash on starbuzz hardcore because of the price but I give it to them when it comes to consistency if they have a flavor that tastes amazing they'll stick with it and same with the shit flavored ones. But is it worth 20$? hell no Lol. I know for a fact it doesn't cost 20$ to produce a tin I don't even think it costs 17$ for a tin ( whole sale price? ). But like I said they do have consistency and I hope they branch out into other projects.
Old March 12th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

I really need to know your opinion Hajo ... what do u think is the best Moassel that we can have here in the US?
Old March 12th, 2009, 07:20 PM
speel
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
I really need to know your opinion Hajo ... what do u think is the best Moassel that we can have here in the US?
and to add to that what do you think could possibly be imported here?
Old March 12th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

and that
Old March 12th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Migas3007
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Migas3007

I'm pretty sure people would still buy it though, I mean,
they're buying it now? and if it's CHEAPER?
Old March 12th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Madwolf
Hookah Enthusiast

If SB was more "econo" I'd give it a try. But Nakahla does compete very well on its own on price and consistency.
Old March 12th, 2009, 08:52 PM
barrenwizard
Hookah Newbie

Seriously guys, all this just because of pricing? So call capitalists country. You get for what you pay, obviously Nahk is cheap. Look at it.

Its like the STARBUCKS, COFFEEBEAN and NESCAFE comparison given to a blinfolded person and asking him/her which is better.

Seriously, I'm from Malaysia and I read Trump's book, nowonder people like him can get rich so easily, look at you guys man. Seriously.
Old March 12th, 2009, 09:07 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrenwizard View Post
Seriously guys, all this just because of pricing? So call capitalists country. You get for what you pay, obviously Nahk is cheap. Look at it.

Its like the STARBUCKS, COFFEEBEAN and NESCAFE comparison given to a blinfolded person and asking him/her which is better.

Seriously, I'm from Malaysia and I read Trump's book, nowonder people like him can get rich so easily, look at you guys man. Seriously.
yep, worth is not the value of the item but how much you can get some one to pay for it, and here there are plenty of people that dont know what things are worth

-matt
Old March 12th, 2009, 10:21 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
yep, worth is not the value of the item but how much you can get some one to pay for it, and here there are plenty of people that dont know what things are worth

-matt
well said sir. if you can get 5 people to buy a 50g box of nakhla for $14 dollars (god forbid) then that's what it's worth.
Old March 13th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Mackmaven
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:

On an unrelated note, if you want a good book on how to exploit capitalism, start anywhere other than that overblown, egomaniac Donald Trump. If you want a good read on how to exploit partial celebrity, then by all means... listen to The Donald.
Old March 13th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:

My complaint is not so much about the cost of SB but the crappy taste. I am perfectly willing to pay $20 for 250g and I often pay more. Frankly, DM is worthy of the prices SB charges while SB is worth of the prices that DM goes for.
Old March 13th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Mackmaven
Hookah Aficionado

Since I could find no Hypnosis review thread in the reviews section I'll post it here, please mods if you would be so kind could you open a Hypnosis Review thread?

Brand and Flavor: Hypnosis Strawberry Passion

Shisha Cut: Fairly course, large sections of un-shredded leafs. Minimal noticed stems however.

Hookah Type: Mya Saray Tempest (26" Pyramid base)
Nammor Hose

Duration: Easily an hour and change. It was only me smoking so I didn't bother cashing the bowl. Flavor was strong and consistent throughout.

Bowl: Small Phunnel Bowl

Foil / Screen: Single ply reynolds

Coal / Amount: 3 equally positioned CH QLs

Smoke: Nice thick clouds

Buzz: Minimal

Smell / Flavor: I'll preface this section by saying that strawberry in general seems to be an incredibly difficult flavor to nail down well, with that in mind. Shisha smells like fake candy strawberry. The smoke tastes fairly comparable to the standard candy flavor strawberry with a little hint of vanilla. It however does not have that horrible overwhelming synthetic taste. It tastes light, yet the flavoring is very palpable. I gotta say it's probably the best strawberry I've ever tried although the competition is nothing to speak highly of. All in all, if you like just about any strawberry out there, this should be right up your alley.

Rating (1 to 10): 6. As far as strawberry goes, it tastes as about as good it can get. But compared to the rest of what's out there I won't be goin for a 250g box.
Old March 13th, 2009, 01:18 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
and that
I'd say that the best overall brand on the American market is Desi Merli with Salloum and Havana tied for a distant second. Hookah Hookah makes a couple of good flavours (ex. 7 Spice, Cavendish, Honey & vanilla) as does Afzal (Paan, Golden Amber, Silver Fox, Vanilla) and Al Waha (vanilla, honey & Winter Berry) but pretty much every other brand only has 1 or 2 flavours I think are worth having.

In terms of what could be imported I'd say some of the bigger Indian brands, the Syrian brands carried by the GTO and pretty much everything carried by the Societe Chark Du Tabak. However, that would require someone willing to import something other then a well established brand and that won't happen no matter how good the product so I suppose nothing.
Old March 13th, 2009, 02:02 AM
chsknight
Hookah Nut

omg i saw that stuff in dreamz!
i was gonna get some but i got some af grape instead
yeah bad mistake....
oh well it was only 10 bucks
and im going pretty soon for some ch coals
so ill pick some up
Old March 13th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Ninorey123
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Ninorey123

Quote:
I have seen the future of SB and it's in my garden. I use it to kill ants. .
HAHAHA Nice omg win
Old March 13th, 2009, 06:19 PM
speel
Hookah Pro

Quote:
I'd say that the best overall brand on the American market is Desi Merli with Salloum and Havana tied for a distant second. Hookah Hookah makes a couple of good flavours (ex. 7 Spice, Cavendish, Honey & vanilla) as does Afzal (Paan, Golden Amber, Silver Fox, Vanilla) and Al Waha (vanilla, honey & Winter Berry) but pretty much every other brand only has 1 or 2 flavours I think are worth having.

In terms of what could be imported I'd say some of the bigger Indian brands, the Syrian brands carried by the GTO and pretty much everything carried by the Societe Chark Du Tabak. However, that would require someone willing to import something other then a well established brand and that won't happen no matter how good the product so I suppose nothing.
Things like that make me want to open up my own store.
Old March 14th, 2009, 12:44 PM
chain
Hookah Pro

i have to disagree with speel on the consistency of starbuzz in my personal experience, we had a tin of arabian coffee and it was amazing, best coffee i have ever smoked, so we ordered a kilo of it. and it tasted nowhere as good as what we got before. :/ i'm a nakhla fan best bang disregarding the buck imo
Old October 19th, 2009, 06:41 PM
swaflyer1
Hookah Nut

i recently posted a thread about cheaper SB...this would be good for us with gfs who hate nakhla....PLEASE SB!!! LOWER YOUR PRICES!!!

(btw i am totally on the Nak side of the argument. nothing better)
Old October 20th, 2009, 04:27 PM
slydevil13
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to slydevil13

SB is an awesome brand and all but $18+ for a 250g is pretty expensive.
Old October 20th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

I really seem to like SB. Although i have yet to try the naklah DA. So i will make my decision after this happens. However, i really like the SB flavors. Its available and easy to find for me. I can get custom mixes made, and it tastes yummy.

Maybe, im just a Orange County raised white boy, that doesnt mind paying the higher prices for good quality, and convenience. Naklah, so far i am not a big fan of it, and have only tried one flavor. I will try a few more to see if its the Nak or me. However I will keep SB in my regular rotation, and i dont mind paying the prices. Although i agree lower would be very very nice, cause i agree its not worth what they charge.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook