Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Dang...

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 13th, 2009, 01:30 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Default Dang...

You know, I have been trying to figure it out. What exactly affects the buying trends of different brand name hookahs?

Literally 3 weeks ago it was KM, then it started to drop off into Al Fakher Syrians, then this week it's Magdy Zidan Hookahs. What is the sudden craze with MZ hookahs? Where is the single thread that makes MZ's look absolutely stunning and where's the video that makes them look absolutely spectacular??

Does it have to do with the economy and people having less money? MZ's are known to be cheaper, but a double pear now costs the same as a Khalil Mamoon double Pear, and KM's are build with thicker metal, heavier metal, sturdier metal, and have a lot of brass parts. MZ's are literally no better than ANY other Generic Egyptian hookah on Caravan Imports, or any other vendor for that matter; yet even after a lot of us tell Newer members to go a different direction, they go MZ and then another thread pops up!

KM's have been dropping in quality and becoming more expnsive as pictures and prices have shown, but I would buy a Mya hookah over an MZ at this point in time ANYDAY! Better quality, better construction, better components.

I can say I really do know my hookahs, and a lot of other members here do as well. Watching this trends fluctuate as they do is amazing, what do you think it will be next week? Mya?

Old March 13th, 2009, 02:17 AM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Dang...

Well... i agree with you on the first part of your post, abou the changing trends but:

Quote:
MZ's are literally no better than ANY other Generic Egyptian hookah
MZ in my experience are really good hookahs. I own one and it is my main rig for the last 5 years.
Quote:
I would buy a Mya hookah over an MZ at this point in time ANYDAY!
I agree that myas have better construction over egyprtian rigs (including KM) but that doesnt mean they are better performers or more practical. Even after buying a mya colosus, egyptian rigs remain my favourite.

Other than that, i am a firm believer that any airtight rig with a big enough base, can perform the same. The reason i suggest mz rigs is that i've had good experience with them. i dont think any rig here gets it as bad as mine does... I travels with me wherever i go in a backpack with the stem haning out, knocked 100's of times over, i never take the water out after a session so it always has water in it.
5 years and it still works like the first day.

Cheers
Old March 13th, 2009, 02:41 AM
madhatter340
Hookah Newbie

Well, I have to disagree with some parts, but yeah it's weird how trends change. I'm no expert, and I can't claim to have been in the industry for years, but I bought a hookah off of caravan trading. Lasted 2 weeks, then rusted out. So I replaced it with an MZ. I've had it two months now and it still works great. Hopefully I can say that in a year or two lol, so we'll see.

I've never owned a KM or Mya so I can't compare the two to MZ. I've never seen any threads complaining about any of the three, really. It seems to be mostly personal preference/wallet.
Old March 13th, 2009, 03:00 AM
chain
Hookah Pro

i now own all of those my Al fakher syrian and my MZ just came in today so i'll have to compare those to my KM and my maya. i think i'll end up favoring the KM. more solid then the rest so far i believe. however it is indeed interesting watching the trends
Old March 13th, 2009, 07:30 AM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

if it means anything i am looking to sell my km to get a no name hookah
Old March 13th, 2009, 09:21 AM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

Out of my solid-brass syrian, a generic egyptian, the MZ, and the collosus, i choose my MZ for everyday smoke due to its size (30" over the 26,28 and 40" of the others) and only. i've had the generic one for a few years and its still on good condition.

On rusting now, the green stuff that comes out of the hookah is normal for any brass hookah. It is not rust. Its copper from the brass reacting with water and Carbon dioxide. its totally harmless because it is trapped by water (has density more than 3g/cm3)
Old March 13th, 2009, 10:55 AM
h0lic
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to h0lic Send a message via Yahoo to h0lic

for the members with a little bit of seasoning on them, i think they tend to just buy what they don't have. then the new people that pop up watch these threads and buy whatever they buy.
Old March 13th, 2009, 11:18 AM
chain
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0lic View Post
for the members with a little bit of seasoning on them, i think they tend to just buy what they don't have. then the new people that pop up watch these threads and buy whatever they buy.
agreed
Old March 13th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Pixelz
Hookah Pro

It is quiet interesting isn't it. That why I've kind of got a goal, I'm trying to get one of each brand if I can manage it. Its why I ordered a KM and a NOUR, and we already have a MYA, and a beautiful generic egyptian.

WHY? It's so I myself can see past all the hype and tell what kind of hookah is best for ME!

Sure economy isn't up yet, and tobbacco prices are going to go even higher. I think the strange thread phanomena, and interest in a different hookah each week, is just started by one person saying they love their new hookah, and thus the demand suddenly peaks, and vedors respond with those products.

Also can't wait for the TriState Meet up next weekend, There will be so many different types, shapes, brands of hookahs, that I'm sure we'll all see which hookah is the true king!
Old March 13th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Cj Two A
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0lic View Post
Agreed.

I have a perfectly good KM pharonie, but with photolinger and others reviews i figured why not get a Nour. That worked out pretty well I guess.

Honestly It's not the worst thing for the recurring trends, most of the hookahs recomended here are gonna get the job done plenty well. Plus that means business isn't limited to one brand, which is bad, cause competition is good, for the consumer anyways. Also, people continuously buying new hookahs to follow trends is good for our awesome vendors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelz View Post
Also can't wait for the TriState Meet up next weekend, There will be so many different types, shapes, brands of hookahs, that I'm sure we'll all see which hookah is the true king!
Yeah, but they'll all probably be smoking as well as possible, since we'll all be trying our best to show off.

Last edited by Cj Two A; March 13th, 2009 at 11:40 AM.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook