Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu
   

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

light smoke and light taste?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 19th, 2009, 07:22 PM
vabeachgirl757's Avatar
vabeachgirl757
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia/ Dominican Republic
Posts: 15
Default light smoke and light taste?

I had the shisha for 2 weeks in a covered bowl before smoking so I don't know if it was the brand or it was stale? Also, the bowl can only hold 1 at the most 2 3kings coals but there was not alot of smoke (which doesn't bother me). But I could barely taste anything. It was my first time smoking jewels so maybe that was the issue. Does anyone have any clue how I can improve the amount of taste?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old March 19th, 2009, 07:24 PM
bradedup's Avatar
bradedup
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 3,258
Default Re: light smoke and light taste?

Jewels = vomit, don't bother.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old March 19th, 2009, 07:28 PM
vabeachgirl757's Avatar
vabeachgirl757
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia/ Dominican Republic
Posts: 15
Default Re: light smoke and light taste?

well that's good to know lol I think I am going to try the Al Fahkar and Nahla I ordered from **********. Is it pretty good?

I'm kinda new to having to buy the shisha
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old March 19th, 2009, 07:31 PM
bradedup's Avatar
bradedup
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 3,258
Default Re: light smoke and light taste?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirl757 View Post
well that's good to know lol I think I am going to try the Al Fahkar and Nahla I ordered from **********. Is it pretty good?

I'm kinda new to having to buy the shisha

I enjoy nakhla a lot.

I despise al fakher, however, there are many people who enjoy it.

To each his/her own.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old March 19th, 2009, 07:36 PM
chrisicool's Avatar
chrisicool
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 703
Default Re: light smoke and light taste?

Haha funny, I'm in VA beach right now! Anyways, Definitely give other brands out a try. Al Fahker, Starbuzz, Al Waha, Nakhla all have really strong flavors. Also give Tangiers a try. If you could handle the buzz Tangiers have great flavor
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old March 19th, 2009, 07:40 PM
chrisicool's Avatar
chrisicool
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 703
Default Re: light smoke and light taste?

haha if my girlfriend didn't mind me visiting a strange girl I'd come over this weekend and show you how to setup a bowl and get great flavor out of about anything. Besides! I reaaaaaally want to smoke!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old March 19th, 2009, 07:57 PM
FeliFeliWooo's Avatar
FeliFeliWooo
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OC
Posts: 760
Send a message via AIM to FeliFeliWooo
Default Re: light smoke and light taste?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisicool View Post
haha if my girlfriend didn't mind me visiting a strange girl I'd come over this weekend and show you how to setup a bowl and get great flavor out of about anything. Besides! I reaaaaaally want to smoke!
umm your girlfriend doesnt have to know =D (yeah i know thats mean lol)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old March 19th, 2009, 08:01 PM
chrisicool's Avatar
chrisicool
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 703
Default Re: light smoke and light taste?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeliFeliWooo View Post
umm your girlfriend doesnt have to know =D (yeah i know thats mean lol)
Haha I wouldnt keep anything from her. I love her to pieces. Besides, she's on Hookahpro too! Almost got her a ticket so she could be here with me.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old March 19th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Shushyne4np2ne's Avatar
Shushyne4np2ne
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 470
Send a message via AIM to Shushyne4np2ne Send a message via Yahoo to Shushyne4np2ne
Default Re: light smoke and light taste?

Yeah, Jewels and I don't get along very well. The dude I bought it off of was like "This is my go-to brand" and I thought after I tried it "Wow, no wonder this dude doesn't get any business."
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old March 19th, 2009, 08:15 PM
FeliFeliWooo's Avatar
FeliFeliWooo
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OC
Posts: 760
Send a message via AIM to FeliFeliWooo
Default Re: light smoke and light taste?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisicool View Post
Haha I wouldnt keep anything from her. I love her to pieces. Besides, she's on Hookahpro too! Almost got her a ticket so she could be here with me.
oh shoot
well i was jk =]



Quote:
Originally Posted by Shushyne4np2ne View Post
Yeah, Jewels and I don't get along very well. The dude I bought it off of was like "This is my go-to brand" and I thought after I tried it "Wow, no wonder this dude doesn't get any business."
most local shop owners annoy the bajesus out of me
they have no idea what theyre talking about like 90% of the time
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old March 19th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Buddhizzle's Avatar
Buddhizzle
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 889
Default Re: light smoke and light taste?

just try lots and lots of different brands flavors...it takes a while and some willingness to spend, but you have to figure out what works for you.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old March 19th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Ninorey123's Avatar
Ninorey123
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 665
Send a message via AIM to Ninorey123
Default Re: light smoke and light taste?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisicool View Post
Almost got her a ticket so she could be here with me.
.. funny i was never invited..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old March 19th, 2009, 10:10 PM
vabeachgirl757's Avatar
vabeachgirl757
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia/ Dominican Republic
Posts: 15
Default Re: light smoke and light taste?

HaHa Chris. Nice to know there's someone in the area. You can normally find me at Nimbus sometimes.

But I went to the stupid smoke shack and all they really had was Jewel so I grab 2 now I know I won't be buying it anymore. The coals though worked for me (3kings) since I only have to use one for my bowl. I did almost burn myself though lol with transferring them to the bowl from the stove but I got a good 35-45 mins on the one.


O yea I also grabed some Al Ajamy has anyone tried that?

Last edited by vabeachgirl757; March 19th, 2009 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Added another brand
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old March 19th, 2009, 10:55 PM
chrisicool's Avatar
chrisicool
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 703
Default Re: light smoke and light taste?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirl757 View Post
HaHa Chris. Nice to know there's someone in the area. You can normally find me at Nimbus sometimes.

But I went to the stupid smoke shack and all they really had was Jewel so I grab 2 now I know I won't be buying it anymore. The coals though worked for me (3kings) since I only have to use one for my bowl. I did almost burn myself though lol with transferring them to the bowl from the stove but I got a good 35-45 mins on the one.


O yea I also grabed some Al Ajamy has anyone tried that?
3 kings aren't bad! Definitely want to stay away from jewel. The folks here will steer you right. As for nimbus, I have no idea what that is haha, I havent been to VA in forever, just here to babysit dogs. Im here till monday. I know a Peabody's and The Abyss haha. But those are clubs ><

Last edited by chrisicool; March 19th, 2009 at 11:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old March 19th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Coldgr33ntea's Avatar
Coldgr33ntea
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 1,412
Default Re: light smoke and light taste?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeliFeliWooo View Post


most local shop owners annoy the bajesus out of me
they have no idea what theyre talking about like 90% of the time
very true. Most places with shisha, the owners I know dont smoke shisha, but they just go by smell (which is alright) and the packaging/price. But thankfully starbuzz is only 11$ a 100g there.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old March 20th, 2009, 01:12 AM
vabeachgirl757's Avatar
vabeachgirl757
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia/ Dominican Republic
Posts: 15
Default Re: light smoke and light taste?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisicool View Post
3 kings aren't bad! Definitely want to stay away from jewel. The folks here will steer you right. As for nimbus, I have no idea what that is haha, I havent been to VA in forever, just here to babysit dogs. Im here till monday. I know a Peabody's and The Abyss haha. But those are clubs ><

Nimbus is a Hookah bar on Kempsville Road. You should check it out if you come back here. Cool people and its pretty cheap. They also sell hookahs and great shisha.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old March 20th, 2009, 01:17 AM
chrisicool's Avatar
chrisicool
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 703
Default Re: light smoke and light taste?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirl757 View Post
Nimbus is a Hookah bar on Kempsville Road. You should check it out if you come back here. Cool people and its pretty cheap. They also sell hookahs and great shisha.


really down kempsville?? GIVE ME ADDRESS! ROARERER
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old March 20th, 2009, 01:47 AM
vabeachgirl757's Avatar
vabeachgirl757
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia/ Dominican Republic
Posts: 15
Default Re: light smoke and light taste?

Here's their myspace page but it is a pretty chilled out spot in the shopping center with couches and everything.

www.myspace.com/nimbushookah

Last edited by vabeachgirl757; March 20th, 2009 at 01:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old March 20th, 2009, 01:55 AM
wonderland's Avatar
wonderland
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Austintown, Ohio
Posts: 1,009
Send a message via AIM to wonderland
Default Re: light smoke and light taste?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradedup View Post
Jewels = vomit, don't bother.
+1... i bought a couple to try... def vomit.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old March 20th, 2009, 02:16 AM
chrisicool's Avatar
chrisicool
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 703
Default Re: light smoke and light taste?

Yeah I found their myspace, just got back from checking them out. I stepped in the door, and they were like we're closing at 2:50. I was so depressed, but I'm definitely going back tomorrow. If you want to meet up and hang out smoke hookah I'll be there in the evening! Probably with a couple of friends.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old March 20th, 2009, 10:32 AM
mattathayde's Avatar
mattathayde
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Richmond/Yorktown VA
Posts: 3,779
Default Re: light smoke and light taste?

to chris and vabeachgirl, take the drive up to the north side and go to Lazy Dayz, great place, never been to nimbus personally so i dont know anything to compare but LD is a great lounge, only down sides is that they use QLs (at least they did the last time i went in like 9 months ago) and they only have candybars and the like for foods

as to the tobacco issue, ya jewels isnt that great, also its so wet i bet all the juice drained to the bottom. tobacco should be mixed up and packed pretty close to smoking or else the juice can settle giving you little flavor (and make sure it is mixed up well in the container you pull it from)

-matt
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old March 20th, 2009, 11:27 AM
FeliFeliWooo's Avatar
FeliFeliWooo
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OC
Posts: 760
Send a message via AIM to FeliFeliWooo
Default Re: light smoke and light taste?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
to chris and vabeachgirl, take the drive up to the north side and go to Lazy Dayz, great place, never been to nimbus personally so i dont know anything to compare but LD is a great lounge, only down sides is that they use QLs (at least they did the last time i went in like 9 months ago) and they only have candybars and the like for foods

as to the tobacco issue, ya jewels isnt that great, also its so wet i bet all the juice drained to the bottom. tobacco should be mixed up and packed pretty close to smoking or else the juice can settle giving you little flavor (and make sure it is mixed up well in the container you pull it from)

-matt
ziplock bag + shaking motion = problem solved
well atleast thats true with AF
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old March 20th, 2009, 11:36 AM
mattathayde's Avatar
mattathayde
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Richmond/Yorktown VA
Posts: 3,779
Default Re: light smoke and light taste?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeliFeliWooo View Post
ziplock bag + shaking motion = problem solved
well atleast thats true with AF
yep, i use more of a kneading motion but same thing. for stuff like tangiers i just stir with a fork

-matt
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old March 20th, 2009, 11:39 AM
FeliFeliWooo's Avatar
FeliFeliWooo
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OC
Posts: 760
Send a message via AIM to FeliFeliWooo
Default Re: light smoke and light taste?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
yep, i use more of a kneading motion but same thing. for stuff like tangiers i just stir with a fork

-matt
me and my friends tried playing catch with a bag of shisha cuz we wanted to find a cool new way to shake it (i think we weren't sober... idk)
not a good idea...
my friend clapped his hands to hard and poped the bag
facefull of layalina (i dislike layalina)
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old March 20th, 2009, 11:47 AM
mattathayde's Avatar
mattathayde
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Richmond/Yorktown VA
Posts: 3,779
Default Re: light smoke and light taste?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeliFeliWooo View Post
me and my friends tried playing catch with a bag of shisha cuz we wanted to find a cool new way to shake it (i think we weren't sober... idk)
not a good idea...
my friend clapped his hands to hard and poped the bag
facefull of layalina (i dislike layalina)
ya i push most of the air out when i knead it and as much as i can when i store it

-matt
Reply With Quote
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quick Light Coals Admin Coals 227 October 21st, 2013 02:02 PM
hmm, using ql to light coconaras? specialguy1 Hookah Discussion 12 March 4th, 2009 12:18 AM
Nakhla Light Apple ZenSilk Hookah Discussion 25 December 19th, 2008 05:29 PM
exoctica easy light holeyguy66 Hookah Discussion 4 November 28th, 2008 05:36 PM
OK, time to light up, right about now! ChronicHookah Hookah Discussion 21 May 1st, 2008 09:42 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 PM.

Skin Design By vBSkinworks



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2012, Hookah Pro Inc.