Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

How to get more flavor out of my Hookah?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 20th, 2009, 09:27 AM
dukerollz5
Hookah Newbie

Smile How to get more flavor out of my Hookah?

Hi, I'm new to smoking hookahs, well smoking my own hookah that is. I currently use a Mya QT, with a Nammor hose, either the standard Mya bowl or a MNH Hookah small phunnel bowl with scali mod. I usually don't huge flavor in my tobacco but I do get HUGE clouds. The clouds are nice but I wish I could get more flavor. I smoked Hookah Freak atomic fire ball and it was AMAZING, but other than that I really havn't got huge flavor bursts. Currently I am smoking Fantasia -Pink Lemonade, Strawberry Banana Split, and Blueberry. I get small flavor out of all three, but no flavor burts. More info on my typical setup. I do clean my hookah thoroughly after every smoke. I use heavy duty aluminum foil with shiny side down and tiny holes poked in a circle throughout the bowl. I use two coca nara on my mya bowl and three coca naras on my phunnel bowl and rotate after 20 minutes or so, starting on the outer edge and moving close to the middle as time goes on. I switch between ice in the bowl/ or just cold water. Occasionally I will use pink lemonade or other juices in the base. I sprinkle the shisha into my bowls to just below the rim, cover, and blow out the bottom before putting on my hookah. Any help that will get me more flavor will be GREATLY appreciated. I feel like I've tried everything and just missing something, or a few small things. Thanks for any advice
Old March 20th, 2009, 09:52 AM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Default Re: How to get more flavor out of my Hookah?

There is a trade off when smoking hookah; flavor versus clouds. The more heat you put on it, the less flavor you will get, but in turn you will get more clouds.

Try with less heat, if problem persists, purchase less crap shisha.
Old March 20th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Spiller
Hookah Nut

Try warm water in base.
Old March 20th, 2009, 11:32 AM
FeliFeliWooo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to FeliFeliWooo

like bradedup said
heat management =]
or better tobacco (never tried fantasia
Old March 20th, 2009, 11:43 AM
myka
Hookah Pro

Fantasia is actually very good and burns nice. I get very thick flavorful clouds everytime I smoke Fantasia.
Old March 20th, 2009, 11:44 AM
FeliFeliWooo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to FeliFeliWooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by myka View Post
Fantasia is actually very good and burns nice. I get very thick flavorful clouds everytime I smoke Fantasia.
maybe hes expecting a lot more?
or hes more then likely putting too many coals on the bowl
Old March 20th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Trivial
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeliFeliWooo View Post
like bradedup said
heat management =]
or better tobacco (never tried fantasia
its one of the tops of flavorful tobacco

To the OP
Use
room temp water or warmer water like someone mentioned above.... that will bring more flavor also

Also after your done smoking do you have shisha on the top of you tin foil?

But if you want a tip on tasting the flavor more put your tongue next to the hose tip while sucking in
Old March 20th, 2009, 03:05 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Try using one less coal and a windcover always helps me out with flavour, windcover is your best friend when it comes to having a good smoke, along with the obvious tobacco pipe etc
Old March 20th, 2009, 05:12 PM
dukerollz5
Hookah Newbie

Hey all thanks for all the tips. What would be the best way to preform heat management. I often do have shisha on the bottom of the foil when I take it off... I'll try one less coal. I may be expecting too much. The hookahfreak atomic fireball I tried was just so flavorful. As I drew in you could feel your mouth burning from the cinnamon flavor. It was almost overwhelming. So maybe I am expecting overwhelming flavors all the time. How does fantasia compare to a starbuzz or nakla or any other for that instance. Thanks again for the advice!
Old March 20th, 2009, 05:15 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukerollz5 View Post
Hey all thanks for all the tips. What would be the best way to preform heat management. I often do have shisha on the bottom of the foil when I take it off... I'll try one less coal. I may be expecting too much. The hookahfreak atomic fireball I tried was just so flavorful. As I drew in you could feel your mouth burning from the cinnamon flavor. It was almost overwhelming. So maybe I am expecting overwhelming flavors all the time. How does fantasia compare to a starbuzz or nakla or any other for that instance. Thanks again for the advice!

I've never tried fantasia, but i get more flavor from starbuzz, AF and nakhla then any HH/HF flavour i have tried but i have not tried atomic fireball yet
Old March 20th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Trivial
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukerollz5 View Post
As long as it tastes good and not harsh you should be good... I cut my coals in half so you could take off a half

but yeah most fantasia is pretty solid flavs.. Im going be honest never tried the flavs u had cuz they dont apeal to me

but I had to Cuban Mojito yesterday and that shit was powerful.... almost to sweet for a solo session but would be great with friends

i would put fantasia closest to starbuzz
Old March 23rd, 2009, 11:10 PM
Swoop
Hookah Newbie

manage your heat. also use ur phunnel or a vortex because it traps the juices in the bowl providing a better smoke
Old March 23rd, 2009, 11:22 PM
Rutch
Hookah Nut

If you've got burnt shisha stuck to your foil, try packing less into the bowl so the foil isn't touching.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 11:33 PM
gigdarling25
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to gigdarling25

yeah, the same thing happened to me.

CLEAN OUT YOUR HOOKAH! clean it out good. after that (in my case) i got massive flavor. sounds too easy, doesn't it?
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook