Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

KM Amoura Vs. KM Kafae

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 22nd, 2009, 01:56 PM
intineus
Hookah Newbie

Default KM Amoura Vs. KM Kafae

Anyone have any input? They are about the same price after shipping. Does one smoke better over the other? Does anyone have any complaints about either of these two hookahs or are the both about the same? Any input would be great in helping me make a decision between the two. Thanks.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 01:59 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger
Default Re: KM Amoura Vs. KM Kafae

all KM steel hookahs will smoke the same, its really how much you like the exterior when it comes to them.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:01 PM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
all KM steel hookahs will smoke the same, its really how much you like the exterior when it comes to them.
You are improving ... did not recommend a Nour instead ...... good for u .... keep it up
Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:07 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Get a syrian

end of story...
Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:14 PM
intineus
Hookah Newbie

Thanks for everyone's input so far. Why do you recommend a syrian hookah over an egyptian hookah coldgr33ntea? I'm not quite sure what the differences are between all the different origins of hookahs. I guess that may have been a better place to start when trying to decide upon a new hookah, what the strong points are of each type of hookah (syrian, egyptian, etc). This may be a very broad question but if someone doesn't mind explaining what those strong points are that would be a great help!
Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:22 PM
Ninorey123
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Ninorey123

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Egyptian View Post
You are improving ... did not recommend a Nour instead ...... good for u .... keep it up
LOL. change of pace.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:40 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by intineus View Post
Thanks for everyone's input so far. Why do you recommend a syrian hookah over an egyptian hookah coldgr33ntea? I'm not quite sure what the differences are between all the different origins of hookahs. I guess that may have been a better place to start when trying to decide upon a new hookah, what the strong points are of each type of hookah (syrian, egyptian, etc). This may be a very broad question but if someone doesn't mind explaining what those strong points are that would be a great help!

Well, syrian hookahs are made out of brass. This may seem like a small thing to you, but if you were to picl up a KM stem and a syrian stem, you would notice a huge difference in their weight, the syrian is much much heavier and sturdier than KMs. Also, the brass stays cooler, longer so you get smoother smoke. The thing that some people do not like about syrians is that they have a slightly tighter pull than KMs. Although, some people, including myself like a slight resistance while pulling, otherwise it doesnt feel like your smoking. My syrian hookah has survived many falls off of tables and chairs that landed it on the stem that goes into the water. Most other hookahs would bend from a fall like this.
Remember, this is just my opinion and if you want to get a KM, go for it, im just reccomending something that i think you would be happier with.

Here is my hookah
http://www.thehookah.com/nour-syrian...h-28-inch.html

and here are all the other syrians
http://www.thehookah.com/syrian-hookahs/

http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...p?idCategory=8

good luck and happy smoking

Last edited by Coldgr33ntea; March 22nd, 2009 at 02:43 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:44 PM
click267
Banned

I have a Nour syrian I picked up from eric....and the stem is nice and heavy as mentioned....I think the syrian has a comparable draw to the KM
Old March 22nd, 2009, 03:22 PM
Buddhizzle
Hookah Pro

ha, i wont weigh in my opinion on KM vs syrian, but if you've decided to get a KM just get what looks nicest, they will all smoke equally
Old March 22nd, 2009, 07:22 PM
intineus
Hookah Newbie

Sorry all for such a change in topic. Still, if anyone has any opinions on either of those two hookahs or a KM vs a Syrian any input would be really appreciated. I'm having the toughest time deciding on a new hookah, especially since I'm a broke college student. I really need this one to last me a while and to be something that I will really enjoy smoking out of.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 07:29 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

ok i can try to do this objectively.

lets start by asking a few questions.

do you like tall or short hookahs.

do you like a specific colored stem or an accessory that has a color on the stem.

do you want something that pours out smoke or do you want something w/ a tad of resistance.

do you want like etchings on the stem, designs etc or do you just want rounded smooth shapes?

that should help narrow it down.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old March 22nd, 2009, 07:37 PM
intineus
Hookah Newbie

Alright that would be great. I already have like a 22" hookah so I was looking for something a little taller. The hookah I have has a pretty tight pull so something with an easier pull would be better. The one I have already isn't all that authentic..it's one of those machine made ones from China, so I was definitely looking for something more authentic. I don't really have that much preference in color as long as it looks good and is "masculine". (I don't know if masculine was the right word in this situation, but for lack of better words I used it) Thanks all for the help!
Old March 22nd, 2009, 07:57 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

ok. most syrian hookahs are between 24-30 inches. if thats an issue, then you may go for a taller km, but just note, you'll be clenaing it in your bathtub if its taller than 30.

as for manly, well, the pears arent all manly looking, not calling them overly feminine, just not manly.

as for some syrian etchings, a lot are floral....

basically, ima point you at a camilla nour, an alfakher rig, a glyph hookah.

or the two km's you wanted.

Old March 23rd, 2009, 01:42 AM
ThEDrEaMEnDeR
Hookah Pro

get your self a km ice yar its manley and it smokes like a champ
Old March 23rd, 2009, 02:24 AM
FusionX
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FusionX

check out the amoura im selling in the for sale section.
it is no longer bundled w/the qt
Old March 23rd, 2009, 10:35 AM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

i guess i would have tried to sell you my nour too, if i hadn't already given it to bigpoppa.

Old March 23rd, 2009, 12:04 PM
giantninjarobot
Hookah Newbie

Not all KMs are light...In fact I recall hearing that the Kafae is a brass KM that's plated. I have a brass KM that's heavy as hell.

That being said I have an (lightweight) Amoura and the thing smokes like a champ.

Get either, it's a KM you'll be happy either way dude.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 12:11 PM
Fings1
Hookah Newbie

I'm pretty sure if you hit up the video review section, you can see quite a few Hookah reviews. I know for sure there are at least two KM vs Nour videos.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 12:15 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fings1 View Post
I'm pretty sure if you hit up the video review section, you can see quite a few Hookah reviews. I know for sure there are at least two KM vs Nour videos.
me and braded up compared the same 2 hookahs and got different results. that being said, the nour he got wasnt anywhere near as good as the one i got. bigpoppa knows, cause I sold that one to him. its a great hookah.

Old March 26th, 2009, 01:56 AM
intineus
Hookah Newbie

Thanks all for your help. I ended up getting a 35" KM ice but I think my next hookah will probably be a brass nour so I have a nice egyptian hookah and a nice syrian hookah.
Old March 26th, 2009, 02:02 AM
Buddhizzle
Hookah Pro

if you do look into a syrian/nour, check out the AF hookahs - they are nour brass with a great design. Ordering mine tomorrow!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook