Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Question about burning shisha

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 22nd, 2009, 03:51 PM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Default Question about burning shisha

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if I could get some pointers.

When I use my windcover it often burns the shisha so there's smoke coming out of the top of the windcover, and when I remove the windcover it's still burning for a while (seemingly long) and also doesn't hit very well. How should I deal with this? I'm clueless.

Thanks in advance. And sorry if this is duplicate too.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 03:58 PM
babaganoush123
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Question about burning shisha

when you pack your bowl dont pack as much and dont let it touch the foil.make a gap between the foil an shisha...thats 100% solved.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 04:01 PM
RaceMyGhost
Hookah Pro

when using a windcover, you dont need to place the same amount of coals on the bowl like you would withOUT a windcover.

Use less coal while using the cover.

Go Noir or Go Home.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 04:05 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

watch this:
http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/video...ls&videoid=180

then make sure to do what ghost said, use less coals.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old March 22nd, 2009, 05:04 PM
Buddhizzle
Hookah Pro

you can usually feel when the shisha starts to get harsh - as soon as it starts irritating your throat, get the windcover off and even drop a coal on the tray for a few minutes to cool the shisha back down. eventually, you'll know how much coal to use, and you wont have to worry so much about management.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 05:21 PM
Codeman

What kind of coal are you using, and how much? How are you poking the foil? Maybe not enough holes? Most of the time you don't need the cover, and using it insulates it a bit, keeping heat in. Keep in too much heat, and it'll start burning.

It all comes down to heat management - you can do it with pretty much any coal, as long as you use the right amount for the hole pattern in the foil. Once you find a setup that works, stick with it.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 05:41 PM
Lu1gi
Hookah Nut

all you need to do is play with the amount of coal and size of the coals you are using... it is different for every person.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 06:28 PM
chrisicool
Hookah Pro

Definitely use less heat when using a windcover, or if you are using a wind cover with three or more coals just use it to start the bowl. Pack your shisha lightly, by sprinkling it in, never pack it down. What I like to do before I put foil on is to blow from the bottom of the bowl covering the top with my hand making sure there's good airflow throughout the bowl. Remember to rotate your coals too. I never keep them on the same spot for more than 15 minutes at a time. Heat distribution is key!
Old March 22nd, 2009, 08:11 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

To many people, the concept of packing less is a hard thing to fathom. If this is you, then i want you to try something.....you have to pack a bowl, but only use 1 pinch of shisha....yes 1 pinch, it will be severely underpacked, but this is how you learn. So take that 1 pinch and smoke it using the same of everything, same coals, holes in foil, and a windcover ect... Now, next time you pack a bowl, use two pinches, then proceed on until you get good smoke without burning. Also, make sure that the top of the tobacco is even, not doing this will cause other parts of the tobacco to cook unevenly causing a nightmare for heat managment.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook