Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

it looked like my foil had vaporized

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 4th, 2007, 07:16 AM
smoke-all-day
Hookah Pro

Default it looked like my foil had vaporized

i was smoking with some friends last night using the pocket foil method again so they could see what it was all about, and when i took the first coal off to light another there was a big hole in the middle of the holes in the top layer of foil. theres no explanation for this since i only poke holes in the middle of the top layer about an inch and a quarter in diameter, so the coal just rests on the holes with no need to move it.

it looked like the foil had melted away or something! the layer of foil underneath had sort of a grey haze on it. i notice the "haze" speckled around the inside edge of my bowl sometimes where the outisde holes in the foil are almost touching the bowl. has anybody else had this happen i dont care what people say about water catching the aluminum or w/e i dont wanna be smoking vaporized aluminum!
Old October 4th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Pbpredator
Hookah Nut

Default Re: it looked like my foil had vaporized

on my small widow i was smoking one time and i lifted a coal and it looked like the aluminum foil was flaking/melting away i was like WTF took off the coal waited a bit... put it back on and was fine... probobly impurities in the aluminum foil as ive never had the problem again...
Old October 4th, 2007, 02:58 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

I've noticed it. since the aluminum isn't touching or passing on the heat(energy) at a decent pace, its taking the full blunt of it.
Old October 4th, 2007, 05:47 PM
smoke-all-day
Hookah Pro

o man thats crazy. almost makes me want to start using the screen. so is that not a good thing when that happens? ive never seen this until a month ago or so, it kinda freaked me out
Old October 4th, 2007, 06:29 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

well its foil which has a connection of Alzheimers. The fine particles get a lot of energy from the heat, enough to start breaking free of bonds and are getting sucked downward.

Some are hitting the tobacco and not moving on, some are getting cooled by the water and not moving on, and some are just settling in the hose.

What actually gets to you, I don't know. The pocket foil method makes it easier to happen I guess.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook