Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

I hate

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 23rd, 2009, 04:34 PM
Full_ron
Hookah Newbie

Default I hate

Crappy quicklights and crappy tongs. I was enjoying the beginning of my spring break by having a session when, low and behold, i picked up a lit quicklight with the standard tongs h-s.com gives you and the coal exploded into several peices. now usually im ok with this since i keep my hookah in a big basket/drawer so the coal is safe to fall off but the force of the explosion and crappy grip of the tongs sent the coal flying towards the carpet. so i ended up with several tiny burns and one massive burn. i was able to cut up the part with the massive burn and replace it with the carpet under my closet but it's not the smoothest job. im so pissed since my parents dont know i smoke and this would be hard to explain without doing any further damage. btw i am 19 but i live with strict parents. well thank you hp for letting me vent. hopefully this never happens to anyone again.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 04:40 PM
Buddhizzle
Hookah Pro

Default Re: I hate

sorry to hear it man....is it an option to smoke outside? using qls of any variety, I light them outside if i can, or hold them out a window if im desperate
Old March 23rd, 2009, 04:49 PM
Pixelz
Hookah Pro

Same here man, exsept mine didn't explode they sorta flipped out of my tongues hahahha, got it off the carpet before a huge burn developed, smelled like burnt plastic for a while hahahaha, I'd just go outside if the weathers nice.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 05:54 PM
fashow69
Hookah Nut

damn man If I had a dime for everytime this has happend to me.. as far as explainin it to your rents just tell em you had a freind over and he was playing with a lighter and accidently burned your carpet...
Old March 23rd, 2009, 05:55 PM
Full_ron
Hookah Newbie

Ugh I hate this feeling. It's like being back in highschool when you know you messed up and it's only a matter of time till my parents find out. If I could just erase 3-4 little black spots I think I could get away with it.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 05:58 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelz View Post
Same here man, exsept mine didn't explode they sorta flipped out of my tongues hahahha, got it off the carpet before a huge burn developed, smelled like burnt plastic for a while hahahaha, I'd just go outside if the weathers nice.
you hold coals with your tongue?!
Old March 23rd, 2009, 06:03 PM
cherno83
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to cherno83

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadtizzle View Post
you hold coals with your tongue?!
That might leave a mark =[ and also hurt lol
Old March 23rd, 2009, 06:29 PM
Saint King
Hookah Newbie

Hell, I've never had this problem... I use Three King QL so I don't have to worry about the carpet burning. Plus, it does not hurt to smoke in places that do not have carpets, such as a porch/patio/backyard area or a garage/basement...
Old March 23rd, 2009, 07:47 PM
Full_ron
Hookah Newbie

Yea I got super lazy so I used the golden coals I had. To be honest it was more on me and the tongs. Ugh I feel like I should just confess since it's bound to be noticed someday.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 09:39 PM
ErickSaint
Hookah Nut

I came across a thread about this in a search a while back when looking for something else. Maybe do a search for "burned carpet" or similar. There were 2 links posted for DIY carpet repair. One mentioned exactly as you did by using a piece from the back of a closet for larger spots. It also talked about slightly trimming the top black burn marks with a scissors. If done well you may be able to "erase" those remaining marks.

If all else fails they say the truth will set you free, but I'm not sure who "they" are.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 09:54 PM
Full_ron
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErickSaint View Post
I came across a thread about this in a search a while back when looking for something else. Maybe do a search for "burned carpet" or similar. There were 2 links posted for DIY carpet repair. One mentioned exactly as you did by using a piece from the back of a closet for larger spots. It also talked about slightly trimming the top black burn marks with a scissors. If done well you may be able to "erase" those remaining marks.

If all else fails they say the truth will set you free, but I'm not sure who "they" are.
Thnx for the help. I might try trimming it up a bit but my carpet is also not the right type for ghetto repairs. It's kinda woven in so making a cut could be disasterous since it could unravel more. I'm trying to fnd the right excuse to tell my dad. I think I'm gonna say it was a hookah my friend brought and he dropped a coal and out of panic we did a quick fix.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 10:01 PM
PiNKL0VE
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to PiNKL0VE Send a message via Yahoo to PiNKL0VE

yeah thats happened to me before ive gotta few burn spots in the study [although the parents knowi smoke in here] ive had to burn proof the room, ive got broken down cardboard boxes everywhere and havent had a burn since.
Old March 24th, 2009, 04:02 AM
wonderland
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_ron View Post
Ugh I hate this feeling. It's like being back in highschool when you know you messed up and it's only a matter of time till my parents find out. If I could just erase 3-4 little black spots I think I could get away with it.
lol they dont smell the smoke at all? and get a nice throw rug to put down to cover it up for a few years lol. and smoke outside if it continues to be a problem or go to a friends house lol. or go to a lounge lol
Old March 24th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Zeggi
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Zeggi

This is why i never smoke @ home :/
its either the balcony or at a friends place
Old March 24th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Niko
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to Niko

exactly why smoking inside sucks. unless you have a specific room designed for hookah.
>.>
you should see my wood floors. XD
Old March 24th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Full_ron
Hookah Newbie

Well I've confessed my crime to my dad. I did have to bend the truth a bit and told him it was my friends hookah an it was a one time deal. It's funny how an expierence like this can put things in perspective. For now I've decided to stop smoking hookah till I get my own place. Is anyone interested in a blue mya bambino?
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook