Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Small Hookah Bottom Line

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 4th, 2007, 09:02 AM
CarolinaJohn
Hookah Nut

Default Small Hookah Bottom Line

Ok folks...bottome line...
Give me your opinions on single hose small hookahs.
Likes, dislikes....
How it burns...
Worth it to have a small hookah?
Any other info that would point me in the right direction on purchasing a small hookah...

Thanks!
Old October 4th, 2007, 10:11 AM
HookahETC
Banned

Send a message via AIM to HookahETC
Default Re: Small Hookah Bottom Line

this should probbaly be moved to the general discussion area
Old October 4th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

John,

I am moving this thread to the "General Hookah Discussion Forum"

You will get better responses there, and as a rule of thumb, the review section is for "Reviews Only".

Everyone, please remember that reviews are for the review section only ... thanks for understanding.

Cheers!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old October 4th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Small hookahs are nice, just remember to put ice in the vase and put your hose in the freezer for 20 mins prior to smoking and it will be incredible. Small hookahs dont have that long stem to cool the smoke like the larger ones so you just compensate a little. Other than that it smokes like its larger brethren. I like to keep a small one handy for traveling and when I wanna pop a hookah on the end table instead of the floor.
Old October 4th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I had two small hookahs I sold a few months ago, they were great! And they were Egyptians.

How "short" are you looking for? I will see what I can find for ya ...

Cheers!

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old October 4th, 2007, 01:15 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

one thing to remember about small hookahs: they are slightly more prone to TIPPING than there larger counterparts. Specially when longer/heavier hoses are used. If you want a good small hookah, aim for a 22" Eygptain or one of the WIDER based MYA's (Gyro, QT, ect).

Stay away from the knock-off chinese short ones - they smoke fine, but for the money, you can get a better rig and ONE THAT WILL STAY standing upright!
Old October 4th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Pbpredator
Hookah Nut

Problems include, Tipping, water in hose, water in bowl, hard to clean, usually come with a crappy hose and will rust out hardcore because you suck alot of water into the hose.... i feel like you get a little less smoke, but i dunno maybe not after i had my widow, ill never use another small hookah again, especially since i have my mya now..
Old October 4th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Without knowing what size you want John, I would recommend one of the 22" Egyptian Hookahs ... if you add a couple items you can get free shipping from piratehookahs.com for this month.

You could also check with pimpyourhookah.com as they have some "Magdy Zidan" hookahs. Not all of them are listed yet, but I believe they make some smaller hookahs that would probably be for a good price. You would have to call, and ask for Bilal, he could tell ya what he has.

I am not a big fan of the MYA QT, I owned one and sold it. I do like the smaller Egyptians.

Hope that helps!

Old October 4th, 2007, 03:18 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

IMO 22" are the best for an everyday smoker! Anything above that is a nightmare to clean /refill carry everyday. I though a bigger would be cool so i went for a 28" egyptian( sodil built and smokes likea champ) but now i understand that its not size but usability If i was going for a new one it would defenatly be smaller. I think, Go for a 22" egyptian ( cheap and well built). J and R has some very nice 22''s and i dont think his price can be beat.
Old October 4th, 2007, 11:39 PM
nofrendo
Hookah Nut

Mya Acrylic. I have smoked out of a lot of hookahs, and this is my favorite, and my daily smoker. A large part of it is that I prefer the acrylic base and not having to worry about ANYTHING breaking... It's low maintenance because there aren't TOO many parts... and the draw is amazing. Not too expensive either, and looks really nice IMHO
Old October 4th, 2007, 11:48 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

+1 Amen to that.
Old October 5th, 2007, 04:14 AM
OBY
Hookah Newbie

I like the Mctini. It stands at only 11" tall and it really cool.

If you don't like that for 25$ then you could always go with the Hobohookah for $59 and oyu can stick it in almost any bottle. Plus they have a 14 day guarantee that most hookah companies do not have so it's always worth a shot.
Old October 5th, 2007, 06:38 AM
CarolinaJohn
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka
I had two small hookahs I sold a few months ago, they were great! And they were Egyptians.

How "short" are you looking for? I will see what I can find for ya ...

Cheers!
Not sure how short to go. I have a 29 inch Mya Gyro and it works awesome. I have found that most of the "not so good" sessions are more from operator error than anything.

I just thought, and maybe wrongly, that the Small or Minis are easier to set up and fire up when you do not want to go all out for an extended evening session.

Let me know if I am looking at tis wrong.
Old October 5th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I have a 28" Amer and 32" Hafa Khalil Mamoon Hookahs ... and while I love them both, I don't use the 32" much because I have to wash it via the bathtub faucet because of it's size. So I use the 28" Amer 90% of the time.

I don't think the really small ones provide as good of a smoke to me. Plus I think they look, well, cheesy! I would recommend having two hookahs, to add a little variety to your selection/collection. That way you can change things up now and then, or have two hookahs for those times when you have 4 or more people over to smoke. Your 29" Gyro and something like a 22" Egyptian from PirateHookahs.com or one of the Khalil Mamoons or Magdy Zidans from pimpyourhookah.com (I believe he is adding more and more of the Magdy Zidans, and will probably be adding some smaller ones over the next couple days, or you could just call and ask)

Whatever you do decide, let us know, if you are looking for a thumbs up or thumbs down on your considered hookah.

Cheers!

Old October 5th, 2007, 10:28 AM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

J and R gives you a free 22" egyptian with every syrian nomatter of size. If i wanted a new hookah i'd go for that. I believe Jimmy's offers and prices are unbeatable
Old October 5th, 2007, 10:35 AM
HookahETC
Banned

Send a message via AIM to HookahETC

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishaholiC
J and R gives you a free 22" egyptian with every syrian nomatter of size. If i wanted a new hookah i'd go for that. I believe Jimmy's offers and prices are unbeatable
Lol, thanks for the compliments. The free 22" Egyptian was a temporary special I had going, it's not going on anymore. However, you never know what I might cook up in the future.
Old October 8th, 2007, 05:33 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

My opinion on small hookahs is that they are not worth it... From what I've experienced, small hookahs never hit as smooth or good as the taller ones... I would never purchase a small hookah just because of the lack of flavor and smoothness that they bring... The first hookah I ever bought was a 33 inch, and I made that choice because I decided that I couldn't justify spending an x amount of money on a small hookah which was never going to come close in perfromance to the taller ones available... I'd rather have to wait a little longer to save up enough money to buy a $200 hookah, than to buy a cheap $30 small hookah right away...

I don't mind spending the extra money on a taller offering because to me smoking hookah is all about flavor and smooth smoke. If I can't get these qualities out of a small hookah, then I will stay away from it and spend some extra money on a taller piece which I will enjoy more and get more satisfaction out of... (some people are cheap though, and they want to smoke hookah and have fun while spending the least amount of money possible : . I don't live life this way because the way I see it, you get what you pay for, and you gotta pay if you want to play.)

(everything I've stated above is my personal OPINION on small hookahs. I do not claim to know any proven facts of taller hookahs being better than smaller ones. But from my personal experience, I'd have to say that the taller ones are better and worth spending the extra money)
Old October 9th, 2007, 09:17 AM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

HookahMaster, IMO what you are saying is not really true. I have both big and small hookahs and i Never noticed difference if the bowl is packed right. My current main ring is my handmade HHH (http://www.hookahpro.com/forums/inde...sg9973#msg9973) which stands 12 inches high including the bowl. It produces the best clounds and the most flavourful smoke after the AF hookahs at the lounge. But if you get the bowl wrong it more difficult to save it unless you change the water.

Cheers
Old October 9th, 2007, 09:00 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishaholiC
HookahMaster, IMO what you are saying is not really true. I have both big and small hookahs and i Never noticed difference if the bowl is packed right. My current main ring is my handmade HHH (http://www.hookahpro.com/forums/inde...sg9973#msg9973) which stands 12 inches high including the bowl. It produces the best clounds and the most flavourful smoke after the AF hookahs at the lounge. But if you get the bowl wrong it more difficult to save it unless you change the water.

Cheers
Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but like I said, from my personal experience I've noticed that there definetly is a difference... and from my experience it hasn't been set up error, because I was the one who set up my friends 13 inch Mya Diva, and then I set up my own 29 inch Mya Column, and the two hookahs were WORLDS apart in flavor and smoke density... and I packed them both in the same exact way with the same shisha with the same bowl, and trust me, there was definetly a difference... but everyone's experiences will be different so....
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook