Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Super packing

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 18th, 2009, 07:32 PM
FirePro84
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to FirePro84 Send a message via MSN to FirePro84 Send a message via Yahoo to FirePro84
Default Re: Super packing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivwa View Post
Im so pissed i want it to be like that first session so bad

It's never like the first time...ever...sorry to say...

seriously though, i've only got Nakhla to smoke well a few times, it's one of the tobaccos i'm still trying to figure out (i.e. what bowl, foil/holes, coals, packing, etc...) *i think the belgian natural tablets, the 3K QL's, golden QL's and belgian QL's i use are too hot for it, so next i'm gonna try the japanese square fingers, the CH QL's and some diamante i have lying around...i'll figure it out yet...
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:41 AM
kivwa
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirePro84 View Post
It's never like the first time...ever...sorry to say...

seriously though, i've only got Nakhla to smoke well a few times, it's one of the tobaccos i'm still trying to figure out (i.e. what bowl, foil/holes, coals, packing, etc...) *i think the belgian natural tablets, the 3K QL's, golden QL's and belgian QL's i use are too hot for it, so next i'm gonna try the japanese square fingers, the CH QL's and some diamante i have lying around...i'll figure it out yet...

Let me know when you do, would be much appreciated.

I got it to work again tonight, i find once its working well its best to take slow pulls from it as to not overheat it, the good flavor seems to be lasting longer this way. I think i try and pull on it too hard to get more smoke from it thinking its a wet tobacco like AF or something and then burn it as a result idk.....still have to try the vegetable glycerine & maybe honey??
Old April 19th, 2009, 03:41 PM
kivwa
Hookah Newbie

Bought some vegetable glycerine and mixed half a teaspoon and about 4 drops of honey, didnt know how much i needed but...it works! its almost exactly like that first session i was talking about..

extremely happy about this, can enjoy my nakhla again...oh and im using only one coco nara cut in half, the two halves placed on either side of the vortex bowl, three rings of holes on one layer of HD reynolds foil, outer holes a cm apart inner holes a little closer spaced and filled in some gaps as necessary, loosely packed the bowl than took it out and mixed the VG and honey, repacked it after mixing, and now its working superbly
Old April 19th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser

I wonder if your nakhla just got dried out.
Old April 20th, 2009, 11:22 AM
kivwa
Hookah Newbie

As soon as i opened the pack i transferred it to a twist n lock ziploc jar, some of the juice was on the wrapper though and i didnt think to try and wring it into the tobacco, it was also just bought, but yea it does seem really dry so the glycerine does the job of fixing that.
Old August 19th, 2009, 01:35 AM
Genie
Hookah Nut

I was dying to try the tight pack on the Nakhla and did it tonight in my medium phunnel bowl. Poked holes through the foil and all the way through the shisha simultaneously. Smoked great for about 50 minutes, then the flavor petered out as did the smoke. Tried more coals to no avail.

The post mortem revealed nice juicy shisha underneath and dried, blackened (not burned, more caramelized) shisha on top.

I was so bummed!

Then did another bowl with the light fluffy pack like I usually do. Smoked great for an hour. Only the tiniest bit of moisture left in one little area of the bowl when I checked it afterwards.

I think I'll stick to light and fluffy, hated wasting all that shisha in the "Super Packing" experiment.
Old August 19th, 2009, 04:58 AM
saintrok
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to saintrok

in the UK specially "edgeware road" which is reknown for smoking hookah..they pack the heads they serve alot. it almost looks like a bloody mountain!
Old August 19th, 2009, 05:09 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrok View Post
in the UK specially "edgeware road" which is reknown for smoking hookah..they pack the heads they serve alot. it almost looks like a bloody mountain!

LOL so true, and they use nahkla a lot as well
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook