Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

How harmful is smoking hookah?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 25th, 2009, 06:48 AM
PCServe
Hookah Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to PCServe Send a message via MSN to PCServe Send a message via Skype™ to PCServe
Default Re: How harmful is smoking hookah?

thats not completely true. there is probably more nicotine in one bowl of shisha (1 cigarette: 0.75g, 1 bowl of shisha: 5-20g => more tobacco - more nicotine)
But the smoke of a hookah is completely different. you inhale the nicotine and exhale a big part of it again. when you smoke a cigarette, the smoke affects the lungs immediately and the nicotine stays in your body. thats why there is less nicotine in the smoke of a hookah.

but nicotine is not the biggest issue with smoking (sure, it is poison and it can make you addicted), but the most harmful part of smoke is the tar. tar is responsible for lung cancer and results from burning organic materials, what happens with the tobacco of a cigarette, but hookah tobacco (normally) doesnt burn, so there should be no tar in the smoke!

thats the difference in the harmfulness of different smoking
Old October 25th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

I have said it before and I'll say it again. We all know nicotine is bad for us. But the way in which we deliver the nicotine into our bodies is the key factor in causing more or less harm.

Btw awesome post PC!
Old October 25th, 2009, 07:11 AM
AmNite
Hookah Newbie

I wonder what the results would be for natural coals and carbon monoxide levels in the blood can someone email them for research this.... I read a study that said the carbon monoxide levels stays in your body for a maximum of 4 hours. Also another recent study in the last few months is saying that shisha carbon monoxide is the most harmful carbon monoxide in the world
Old October 25th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmNite View Post
I wonder what the results would be for natural coals and carbon monoxide levels in the blood can someone email them for research this.... I read a study that said the carbon monoxide levels stays in your body for a maximum of 4 hours. Also another recent study in the last few months is saying that shisha carbon monoxide is the most harmful carbon monoxide in the world
I highly doubt CO from a hookah is less/more dangerous than say car exhaust CO. CO is CO no matter what it is in, the only things that matter are amount and concentration ratios.
Old October 25th, 2009, 12:36 PM
omrigo
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Egyptian View Post
ALL sorts of smoking are harmful. Get over it. Want to be 100% healthy? avoid all types of smoking!
you get also passive smoking in some places so i dont think that you should really think about the active smoking, the passive is much worse!
Old October 25th, 2009, 01:39 PM
JimNibbles
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sui View Post
We all know nicotine is bad for us.
I've been wondering this for awhile. Why is nicotine so bad for us? It can be addictive, yeah, but so can just about anything if abused. The only other health "risks" I've been able to find cite that nicotine temporarily constricts blood vessels and increases blood pressure. The funny thing is, these symptoms are identical to those of caffeine. Caffeine is also addictive if abused (I know firsthand) but I don't hear anyone squawking about the evils of coffee, just that nicotine is bad because it's in cigarettes.
Old October 25th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Jonz
Hookah Newbie

Probably not as harmful as sitting in front of computer screens on forums for hours, using cell phone, watching TV, and living in massive amounts of em smog.. :P Cancer FTW!
Old October 25th, 2009, 03:00 PM
PCServe
Hookah Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to PCServe Send a message via MSN to PCServe Send a message via Skype™ to PCServe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonz View Post
Probably not as harmful as sitting in front of computer screens on forums for hours, using cell phone, watching TV, and living in massive amounts of em smog.. :P Cancer FTW!
haha you're right bro! living is harmful today, doesnt matter if you are smoking, drinking or just sitting in a park, breathing in and taking a nice breeze of fresh, toxic air with all the CO in it
Old October 25th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Matt-641
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonz View Post
Probably not as harmful as sitting in front of computer screens on forums for hours, using cell phone, watching TV, and living in massive amounts of em smog..
Truth. You can't go anywhere nowadays without risk of some polluted air :/

So instead of worrying about all that, I'd rather just kick back, relax and enjoy my hookah.
Old October 25th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Ketrel
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Ketrel

Are the baking the tobacco this time? or are they burning the shit again?
Old October 25th, 2009, 08:07 PM
HookahHxc
Hookah Newbie

For real. I know people that smoke two packs of smokes a day. That's 40 ciggarettes. I smoke only hookah once or twice a week. This would mean Im' still taking in less harmful substances than them.
Old October 25th, 2009, 09:29 PM
slydevil13
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to slydevil13

Man were all going to move on sooner or later mines well live life to the fullest! Not like were harming anybody with our 2nd hand smoke. HOOKAH LIVES FOREVER!
Old October 26th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

A quick note about nicotine being "poisonous".

Talking about something being poisonous only makes sense within the context of time/dosage exposures and insofar as smoking concerned nicotine toxicity isn't really an issue. Smoking high nicotine tobaccos is not somehow more dangerous then smoking low nicotine products and how much nicotine you absorb into your blood stream is mainly a matter of how rather then what you smoke.

What is an issue the matter of addiction and it is dubious for the reasons I've cited before so those interested should check out the stuff i've cited on the issue.

What is dangerous about smoking are the solid particulates in the smoke stream, the tar and CO. All of those things can be dealt with by common sense use of coals, moderation and smoking method.
Old October 26th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Sneaksfit
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Sneaksfit

The thing is its not even two cigs because divide 2 cigs between 4 ppl you r smoking with thats only a half of cig each
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook