Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Nakhla Mizo Watermelon/Guava Mailing Sheet

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 9th, 2009, 06:37 AM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Re: Nakhla Mizo Watermelon/Guava Mailing Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerB View Post
UPDATE: apparently the USPS tracking system just blows. I has it now.

+1. Some people got their packages that weren't even logged in USPS tracking !!!
Old May 9th, 2009, 01:03 PM
ErickSaint
Hookah Nut

glad i was busy with other stuff, didnt have time to watch the tracking, never even looked it up it just arrived one day
Old May 10th, 2009, 01:55 AM
AbusiveNapkin
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to AbusiveNapkin

I got mine today, I had it sent to a friends house, and his mother was like, you got a package in your name from Egypt, and he was like WTF? When I saw the packaging it was covered front and back with stamps XD

Anyways, Mizo Watermelon is amazing, guava is just as good.
Old May 10th, 2009, 01:59 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

HmM how mush is it for 250g of mizo wadamelon? including shipping? pm plzz
Old May 10th, 2009, 02:20 AM
AbusiveNapkin
Hookah Nut

I got a package of watermelon and guava and it was around $30 shipped from Egypt. I tell you, the stuff is worth it.
However, I only got one package of each unlike what TE said about getting two packages each.
Old May 10th, 2009, 02:30 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbusiveNapkin View Post
I got a package of watermelon and guava and it was around $30 shipped from Egypt. I tell you, the stuff is worth it.
However, I only got one package of each unlike what TE said about getting two packages each.
hmmmm wth he said 2 of each... thats pimp lol.
Old May 10th, 2009, 03:04 AM
AbusiveNapkin
Hookah Nut

Yeah
Old May 10th, 2009, 03:23 AM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Guys. Let's be calm here and go back to what I originally posted:

1- I said here :
http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10792

Quote:
P.S: The quantity of tobacco inside Nakhla packs here varies, sometimes it is a bit less than 250g.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: To serve HPers better, I decided that one pack orders will be two packs, and two pack orders will be four packs ..... NO EXTRA CHARGE. HOWEVER, THIS MEANS YOU GET SLIGHTLY ABOVE THE 250g/pack. I found out that each pack is 130-150g not 250g , so I am sending two packs for each pack ordered.
So practically I sent you TWO local packs of each, which are equivalent to a single pack of what you get in the US.

2- If you think it's only one pack because I sent it in one ziplock, no it is not. I put all the tobacco of the same flavors into one ziplock for ease of packing. I had a bitch of a packing job to do and thought u might not mind splitting it stateside.
Old May 10th, 2009, 03:24 AM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_HATTER View Post
HmM how mush is it for 250g of mizo wadamelon? including shipping? pm plzz
It would save you a lot if we start another group buy, to split the money transfer fees and such. I hear some people are interested. Start a new thread and see if we can get enough participants.
Old May 10th, 2009, 03:40 AM
AbusiveNapkin
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Egyptian View Post
Guys. Let's be calm here and go back to what I originally posted:

1- I said here :
http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10792

So practically I sent you TWO local packs of each, which are equivalent to a single pack of what you get in the US.

2- If you think it's only one pack because I sent it in one ziplock, no it is not. I put all the tobacco of the same flavors into one ziplock for ease of packing. I had a bitch of a packing job to do and thought u might not mind splitting it stateside.
I remember what you said in this post, the thing that threw me off is by my scale, each ziplock bag weighed around 175 grams, on a 1,000g max scale.
Old May 10th, 2009, 06:45 AM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
I remember what you said in this post, the thing that threw me off is by my scale, each ziplock bag weighed around 175 grams, on a 1,000g max scale.

I did repack and mail everyone's order very carefully. I started with grouping everything in an Excel sheet - which I emailed to h0lic to match versus the payments he received - and I lined up everyone's order before packing. No one got a single pack of the flavor because a single pack equaled to two packs.

Nakhla people here told me that each pack ranges between 120-180 grams approximately that is why I went with two packs each. Unfortunately I do not have a scale - and it is really expensive to buy it just for that purpose - and I am sorry if you received 150g less than what you were supposed to get.

Btw, I have no motive whatsoever to take tobacco out of yours. The pack of Nakhla here is 60-65 cents, which is DIRT cheap. If I need to smoke Nakhla, buying 10 packs is just as expensive as a three-piece chicken meal at KFC or a combo meal at McDonald's!

And, it wouldn't save me a lot in mailing charges, because mailing charges are tiered (for instance: 100-200 grams package costs X, 200-300 costs X+Y ...etc.) usually the differences are little. If I did what I did to your package ON PURPOSE, I would end up saving 60 cents in Tobacco and no more than 1 or 2 dollars on mail.

I am sorry for what happened to you, but all I can say is that I swear it was NOT my mistake and that I was trying to help and provide the community with a product that will still have to take some more time before it hits the US. I drove to Nakhla several times to buy heaps of tobacco, I bought supplies from stationary stores, I worked like a dog to cut through all the packs, cut the cardboard to a suitable size, repack tobacco into ziplocks, tape the ziplocks, seal the envelopes, write down addresses. Then comes the trips to different post offices and mailing the stuff.

Last but not least, I SINCERELY offer to refund each person the money I made on their order should they feel they are shorted/slighted or that it is not fair to them. I will calculate what they paid MINUS the out-of-pocket expenses (mail, repacking material and tobacco). I don't even want my personal expenses (time, effort, gas ...etc.) ...... The offer stands to anyone who has weighed their tobacco and found it less than 250g for a supposed pack. I care about my reputation in this community and I would not let some money or few grams of tobacco tarnish that. After all I never did this group thing seeking money, I did it to help the community and the money I asked for for myself was to cover personal expenses incurred and time.
Old May 10th, 2009, 09:11 AM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

The Egyptian was very clear fom the onset of this deal that the packages were woefully undersized when he bought them. That's why he doubled up everyones package. Even (hypothetically, of course) if he had scimped on the weight to make extra money, he was clear before any money was exchanged that everything would be undersized. Noone should be complaining about weights at this stage in the game.
Old May 10th, 2009, 10:45 AM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
The Egyptian was very clear fom the onset of this deal that the packages were woefully undersized when he bought them. That's why he doubled up everyones package. Even (hypothetically, of course) if he had scimped on the weight to make extra money, he was clear before any money was exchanged that everything would be undersized. Noone should be complaining about weights at this stage in the game.
Thanks abu ronin. Still if anyone - urself included - wants to take me up on my offer for refund I am still on.
Old May 10th, 2009, 10:56 AM
krampi
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to krampi

WoW! That's somebody i call a nice guy! Doing this whole process for the community, and than be so generous to give back the money to someone who isn't pleased. I hope, that there will be no problems, and the members who were in this will be broadminded, that you couldn't weight all the packages and because of that you already gave everyone twice as much as they ordered.

I hope that at the end everybody will be satisfied and there will be more offers like this.

Again, thanks for doing this whole process for the community Ahmad!
Old May 10th, 2009, 12:15 PM
AbusiveNapkin
Hookah Nut

I'm not asking for a refund. I'm just curious. I trust that you gave everyone a fair amount, not that I care anyways. I think this stuff is worth the $30 lol. It's more like gold
Old May 10th, 2009, 12:19 PM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
I'm not asking for a refund. I'm just curious. I trust that you gave everyone a fair amount, not that I care anyways. I think this stuff is worth the $30 lol. It's more like gold
Sorry dude. I just felt you were mad. I did my best and I really doubled the amount. Had I known it was less than 250g, I would've tripled coz it would've cost me few cents more and btw I still have about 10 packs of watermelon because I overbought ....... Hope u enjoy ur bounty and remember, you are one of the few first in the US to try it
Old May 10th, 2009, 04:34 PM
AbusiveNapkin
Hookah Nut

I can't wait for this stuff to get the states, if it does.
However, how much would it cost for like a kilo of this stuff from Egypt? I would be in for another bulk order only I want more at a later point in time.
Old May 10th, 2009, 05:02 PM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
I can't wait for this stuff to get the states, if it does.
However, how much would it cost for like a kilo of this stuff from Egypt? I would be in for another bulk order only I want more at a later point in time.
I suggest we start a new thread for a new group buy if some other people are interested, because it is more feasible then to split the Western Union fees and such. A kilo could run you about $40, give or take a dollar or two.
Old May 11th, 2009, 10:23 PM
BigE
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to BigE
Thumbs up Re: Nakhla Mizo Watermelon/Guava Mailing Sheet

I recieved mine today.Ohhhh so nice smelling.will smoke some tomorrow.Attachment 1520

Attachment 1521
Thanks again Ahmad
each jar holds about 250 grams x 2= 500
Did I mention this stuff smells Ohhhh so nice.

Last edited by BigE; December 19th, 2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old May 14th, 2009, 02:40 AM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Apparently everyone - excluding pswami who has an issue with USPS apparently delivering to a wrong address/person - received their bounty. Some people have still not reviewed the trade ... Please review it here

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7994

Thanks a lot for doing business guys.
Old May 14th, 2009, 05:02 AM
fatony612
Hookah Nut

I finally got mine in the mail I may be getting quite a bit more watermelon it was a major hit at the house
Old May 16th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Rutch
Hookah Nut

Looks like mine showed up on the 7th, but I was out of town. Just picked it up from the post office yesterday, hooray!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook