Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

KM Vs Syrian (Nour) Thread

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 7th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Lu1gi
Hookah Nut

Default KM Vs Syrian (Nour) Thread

Havent seen any threads dedicated to the ongoing war, well so here it is, discuss.

Just as a little reference.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxrOOY2RLMM

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-4MYoMirOs

Bradedup does a great comparison video which are featured above, the winner is KM but I would like to see preferences between the features of both. Well, here comes the post war.
Old April 7th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Buddhizzle
Hookah Pro

Default Re: KM Vs Syrian (Nour) Thread

KM steps can be wrapped around nour stems like twine. game over.
Old April 7th, 2009, 03:50 PM
chain
Hookah Pro

it all comes down to personal preference, buy both and decide for yourself.
Old April 7th, 2009, 04:10 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu1gi View Post
Havent seen any threads dedicated to the ongoing war, well so here it is, discuss.

Just as a little reference.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxrOOY2RLMM

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-4MYoMirOs

Bradedup does a great comparison video which are featured above, the winner is KM but I would like to see preferences between the features of both. Well, here comes the post war.
That's because there has been a cease fire. Let me remind you guys that the nour that Bradedup got was shitty in comparison to the one I got before him. If you doubt me, ask Bigpoppa, for I sold it to him.

As for the video, I reviewed the same hookahs and got different results a few weeks before he made those:

Part 1

Part 2

Now, much later I reviewed my AF rig, WHICH IS THE SAME STEM FROM BEFORE BUT IN 2 TONES, now I show you how it compares to the NOUR and the KM. I mention:
Build quality
Weight
And guage size (remember the smallest section determines the gauge)

AF rig

---

Bradedup got screwed over on his camila. thats what seems to be apparent, however the AF rigs, which are basically my exact same nour stem i sold to bigpoppa and his nour stem, are consistent in quality.

In summation, there is no comparison, Syrian Brass > KM

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old April 7th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Lu1gi
Hookah Nut

hahah I wanted a post from you so much photo, i just needed the bait.
Old April 7th, 2009, 04:28 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

all i got to say is keep it clean and try to remain somewhat objective if you wanted to break the cease fire.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old April 7th, 2009, 04:34 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
That's because there has been a cease fire. Let me remind you guys that the nour that Bradedup got was shitty in comparison to the one I got before him. If you doubt me, ask Bigpoppa, for I sold it to him.

As for the video, I reviewed the same hookahs and got different results a few weeks before he made those:

Part 1

Part 2

Now, much later I reviewed my AF rig, WHICH IS THE SAME STEM FROM BEFORE BUT IN 2 TONES, now I show you how it compares to the NOUR and the KM. I mention:
Build quality
Weight

AF rig

---

Bradedup got screwed over on his camila. thats what seems to be apparent, however the AF rigs, which are basically my exact same nour stem i sold to bigpoppa and his nour stem, are consistent in quality.

Also a few other things to keep in mind;

The KM photolinger has is of lower quality, it is not a brass cored KM.

The nour I compared was purchased was newer than photolingers and therefore MAY be more indicative of CURRENT nour quality. (pure speculation there).

As to the AF hookahs, I cannot comment, but all signs point to amazing.

The other thing about gauge, is not necessarily true; fluid mechanics/aerodynamics are complicated and so a choke (the narrowest part on a hookah) does not necessarily mean that it will restrict the hookah as much as if the whole hookah was that gauge. You can see this experimentally, just by swapping hoses you see by using a wide gauge hose the draw is increased, even if your hose wasn't the most restrictive part of the hookah. The things that affect draw isn't just the ONE spot where it is most narrow...its more like a complicated average of a lot of things, with a lot of formulas that nobody is going to figure out.

Haha, I always feel like I'm having a war with PL.
Old April 7th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Lu1gi
Hookah Nut

Cease fire, my ass lol. People have always had the burning desire to argue this, I just helped supply the battlefield. :-) I love you all and happy fighting !
Old April 7th, 2009, 04:37 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

What braded up said is right, I was talking about a specific KM. That being said, he was also talking about a specific Nour.

I have a lot more respect for the KM Brass Hookahs, I would say those are closer to equal honestly. I just prefer the design elements in Syrian hookahs.

Old April 7th, 2009, 05:36 PM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KillerB Send a message via MSN to KillerB

I am a proud KM owner, but i prefer the design and styling of syrians. I like the artistry of the etched stems, and the solid construction. Plus i think that, generally speaking, the glass that goes with KMs tend to be more flamboiant and gaudy. I am not a fan of big glittery flowers and stuff on my vase. Not to say that there arent some nour vases i find unattractive, just the, at they are more attractive more often

However, i am a lazy mofo, so having all brass and the upkeep necessary to keep it in ship shape is a little more than i was willing to commit to.
22" Temsaah Mini-Wheat
Old April 7th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Pixelz
Hookah Pro

Let see here.
I've only smoked out of one Nour, and thats the one I own, And I have smoked out of Several KM's, including the ones owned by HookahPro Members (thank you thedreamender)
And honestly, Weighting My Nour and the 5 KM's I've smoked out of before (Chrisicool's Heart of the Lion, two different KM ices, A KM Blue Double Pear, and KM Exotica)
I have to say my small Syrian by far surpasses it in engineering.

Yes I love the way a KM draws, no arguement there. But I also Love the clean draw of my Nour.

The vase of my Nour could have been handled better in shipment since it did have several chips. Also, the purge valve on the KM's if you keep the old bead in there, it tarnishes EASILY.
The bead in my Nour purge, NOTHING, still looks brand new.

Oh and one more thing.

If i were to take a KM stem and bend it over my knee, it would break.
Nour, I'd be going to the hospital for a broken thigh bone. You could esily kill someone with a Syrian Stem.

This being said. (and I am trying to give KM's a little justice here) The KM's are a bigger gauge from what I've seen, but you know what, from my experiences IT DOESN'T MATTER!
And one more thing, I love how my ash tray on my Nour doesn't rattle and it's so sturdy I could probably Use it as an axle on a car.

In the end, lets get A Syrian stem and a KM stem and have a sword fight, who do you think would win?
Old April 7th, 2009, 05:45 PM
chrisicool
Hookah Pro

I've smoked out of a KM heart of the lion, two KM chillers, and Pixelz 22" brass nour. By far the nour is superior in quality craftsmanship. The KMs look pretty, but the syrians ive experienced are made extremely well. KMs have a looser draw, less quality craftsmanship. Syrians/nours have a tighter draw and top quality craftsmanship... Though sometimes they are less pretty than the KM. My next hookah will be a syrian hands down.

This has been my contribution to the fire.
Old April 7th, 2009, 07:35 PM
stolenbythesky
Hookah Newbie

Evidently as soon as photo reviewed that AF hookah everyone's opinions (except bradedup, of course) flipped 180. all your lungs are belong to nour.
Old April 7th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Buddhizzle
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolenbythesky View Post
all your lungs are belong to nour.
damn right! while i don't carry as much weight around here as photo, my AF has been nothing short of amazing. The several KMs i've used have all been pleasant, nice smokes and rigs that i would gladly own. However, aesthetically and quality wise, the nour has blown everything else I've ever smoked out of the water. I'll just add that this rig has defied every "downside" to nours that I have ever seen posted.
Old April 7th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

george from thehookah already said the heart of the lion is a travel km, inferior quality to the better ones.

personally, i think any non brass cored km is shitty. be it ice or pear.

if any of you are near the los angeles area, i can present 3 nours and 6 kms for comparison. all the brass core ones weigh a significant amount, and pull easier than the nours. doesn't make them necessarily better...i think both of them are just as good.
Old April 7th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Efactor
Hookah Newbie

I have the AF nour, and 4 KMs since I like collecting hookahs, but honestly since I use both I have to say I cant really tell a difference. I really think it just depends on how you like the looks of both brands.
Old April 7th, 2009, 10:40 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

jeez, pick a side man.....

just playing, thats a point i wanted to get out on my new post..in the end its preference.

Old April 7th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Syrians are L33T
Old April 8th, 2009, 12:46 AM
chain
Hookah Pro

Quote:
jeez, pick a side man.....

just playing, thats a point i wanted to get out on my new post..in the end its preference.
o really?
Old April 8th, 2009, 01:42 AM
vcitriniti
Deleted Per User Request

[FONT=Verdana]I have been using nothing but Syrian for the last two years. I have owned KM in the past and I just picked up a new KM. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]My Syrian is made out of Brass and it is VERY heavy, and definitely would be my weapon of choice LOL. But the draw is a bit tighter than on my KM, and I have to say having a looser draw is easy on my asthma lungs. But I am scared to take it around with me because I know one wrong move and that KM is done for.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]It is all preference I will continue to smoke both because I like both, and because one I will take with me when I go out and one I will keep at home with me.[/FONT]
Old April 8th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Luv2Smoke
Hookah Pro

Quote:

Part 1

Part 2

Build quality
Weight

AF rig

---

Ive seen your old nour shisha and i have the same one as bradedup and there the stem is the exact same. The only difference is the ash tray and bowl. The ashtary is a bit small but it aiight, the bowl is crap but good if you want to have a small session, anyway the bowl can be replaced so who cares.

The main thing is the stem and as far as im concerend is the best and beats KM hands down.
Old April 8th, 2009, 12:11 PM
omgheyitskenny
Hookah Nut

In my opinion KM's all smoke the same I have 30+ of them at the hookah lounge including a few on my own like the chiller and tri metal thingy. My Nour falls superior to all the KM's at the lounge and my friends KM's
Old April 8th, 2009, 12:43 PM
texag15
Hookah Nut

When you all say Syrians are superior, do you mean the craftsmanship or the quality of the smoke or both?
Old April 8th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Buddhizzle
Hookah Pro

mostly craftsmanship - the step is heavy and extremely well made. I've never heard of Nours having bad welds or wearing out in any way. As far as smoke, unless you smoke both kinds frequently you wont notice much of a difference, though I've always felt an easier pull of my nour than my friends double pear KM
Old April 8th, 2009, 02:05 PM
omgheyitskenny
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by texag15 View Post
When you all say Syrians are superior, do you mean the craftsmanship or the quality of the smoke or both?
In my personal opinion craftsmanship. Quality of smoke is based on personal opinion. Don't get me wrong I use KM's at the lounge since these hookahs are more work friendly. I have read that many people put the KM's have a easier draw than the Nours or Syrians in general but I really do not notice a big difference. I have found that some KM's stems go lower than others in the vase meaning the shorter ones I have to fill more with water. As far as smoke quality goes the KM has a bigger gauge but the Nours pull just as good

My Nour setup excuss my table mess we were playing beer pong last night

Nour Syrian Hookah
Tangiers Phunnel bowl
KM Hose
Exo, Coco, and CH coals

The Hookah Lounge (KMs)

Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook