Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Check the new sticky...comment here!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 9th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

Default Re: Check the new sticky...comment here!

i think some mya glass is some of the best glass you can....if its the real bohemian stuff from czech republic. everything else is crap.
Old April 9th, 2009, 01:00 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

So....I've updated it, added a bowls section, made some grammar and spelling fixes thanks to your suggestions, so yeah. How do you like it now?

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old April 9th, 2009, 01:36 PM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Quote:
so the tobacco does not fall thought the whole and the juice of the tobacco
Under Phunnel Bowl should be hole

Quote:
but instead of a whole on the top
a hole

Quote:
The heat from the bowl should not disturb the temperature of the water any more than normal. Hookahs
should must that not be would

A section about Ports and adapters and windcovers

Thanks Photolinger
Old April 9th, 2009, 01:47 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

hey, its long and i make a lot of careless mistakes when i type, thanks for the proof reads guys.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old April 9th, 2009, 01:48 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

ill figure out how to type up something on those 3 you mentioned

Old April 9th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Under hoses you stated

<Nammour/Razan/Caravan/Grand hoses are washable varieties that are often sought after. Other hoses are not washable and will rust when washed>

There should be somewhere in there that states "Unless it says it is washable, it is not and will rust if washed." There are plenty of washable hoses that are not the fab four listed above. For example KM makes a washable(And yes it is washable), MYA makes a washable, Sahara makes quite a few washable. Yes they are not the $20 dollar big names but washable just the same. Great post though.
Old April 10th, 2009, 08:26 AM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwikwi View Post
Under hoses you stated

<Nammour/Razan/Caravan/Grand hoses are washable varieties that are often sought after. Other hoses are not washable and will rust when washed>

There should be somewhere in there that states "Unless it says it is washable, it is not and will rust if washed." There are plenty of washable hoses that are not the fab four listed above. For example KM makes a washable(And yes it is washable), MYA makes a washable, Sahara makes quite a few washable. Yes they are not the $20 dollar big names but washable just the same. Great post though.
added a small addition that addresses this. thanks.

Old April 17th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Chris Bobis
Hookah Newbie

Hi I read your very informing post and I just had a few questions:

Those big behemoth 36 inch + hookahs are they just for show? How does size effect the overall smoke quality? You said the 30 inch ones offer the best smoke if thats the case whats the motave for going even bigger? I seen some on websites that are as tall as 5 feet are those just novelty items?

When you "purge" do you just blow into the hose and the smoke above the water will get blown out? Is that what purging means?

A lot of attention is paid to hookahs, what about hoses? I looked around and 20$ looks like the price for all hoses, are there higher quality hoses available? I would think there would be, as a lot of quality and craftsmenship could be put into making a ornate mouthpiece.

If a hose is not washable wont it be dirty? Wouldn't the smoke from tons of different shisha's effect the taste? How about the part you put in your mouth is that washable or detachable?

You stated Egyptian hookahs where the best, are those hookahs made in Egypt or just of "Egyptian" design? Brands like pharaoh or sphinx and nile are superior to other brands because they are Eqyptian designed or made in Egypt?

Lasty what about modern Hookahs? Are they any good? I like the apperance better, and it would match my enviroment more. What are the best brands with the best quality control? I dont really care for a "good" hookah pipe that is affordable or popular I just want something that is great in quality and made with craftsmanship.

Thanks for the info, im getting ready to order my first hookah but i have this thing where I like to research something in great detail before I order it. Money dosent really play a large factor as far as my budget most of these Hookah pipes are all really decently priced. If 50$ seperates a Egyptian hookah from a Chinese one then I would want the "best" hookah for my first one, then there would be no point in changing in the future.
Old April 17th, 2009, 05:48 PM
esisomsun
Hookah Pro

dude did you go to hookah college?
Old April 18th, 2009, 01:49 AM
FusionX
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FusionX
Thumbs up Common Cummunity Questions

you can add this to photos thread (granted he gives permission) or make a new sticky if you wish

[FONT=Verdana]Common Questions[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]

Properly packing the bowl
Remove all stems from the shisha. Break the shisha apart then sprinkle it into your bowl. Do not underpack or overpack the bowl. Have the shisha sit just below the rim. If the foil ends up touching the shisha, it may result in a harsh smoke (burning shisha). Use 1 layer of HD foil, or 2 layers of regular foil. Make your hole pattern with something equivalent to the size of a toothpick. Make sure the foil is “tight like a drum” around your bowl.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]

Smoke is getting harsh
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]
Remove 1 less coal from your bowl. Rotate the remaining coals and purge. This should fix the problem most of the time. If it doesn’t, make sure your foil isn’t touching the shisha (when you packed the bowl) because the shisha might be burning. Also make sure the holes you poked in the foil aren’t microscopic. Smaller holes = more heat!
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]

Headaches
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]
Keep yourself hydrated with liquids when smoking. It is a good idea to also have a hefty meal beforehand. Another reason a headache may occur is because the “gunpowder” used to ignite quick-light charcoals. Make sure your coals are RED HOT before placing them on your bowl.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]

Coals
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]
Natural square coals are highly recommended. People usually place 2-3 of these coals around there bowl to start their session. I personally recommend “Coconaras” because they ash the least and last for about 1h:30min. Natural coals usually have no “sulfuric” aftertaste that you may experience with quick-lights. If you are looking for on-the-go quick-lights, then I recommend CH Coals from **********.com. John also sells CH naturals.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]

Acclimating
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]
Does your shisha smell like “soy sauce”? Tangiers and Ayam Zaman require “acclimating”. This basically means to make the shisha the same humidity as room temperature. It is suggested to leave the shisha out and uncovered for 8+ hours to complete this process. Once acclimated, the shisha will no longer have a “soy sauce” smell to it. This process is not limited to only Tangiers and Ayam Zaman.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]

Old/Rusting Hose
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]
Experienced smokers will recommend a type of washable hose. You may want to purchase a razan/nammor (detachable mouth tip) or a grand/caravan (attached mouth tip). These hoses are thicker in diameter and have an excellent draw. The razan/nammor also comes in the sizes of small and large. Detachable are convenient, but there have been bad batches made that cause smoke leaks in the handle?
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]

Free Shisha
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]
Contribute to the scene. Participate in contests/drawings and throw up those video reviews. This is the best way to get recognized by vendors. Be sure to promote them in your videos! They will come to you. Do not beg for freebies.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]

Thicker Smoke
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]
Pour some milk into your base and dilute it a little with water. Your cloud capacity should improve as well as a richer and creamier smoke.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]

Flavoring Smoke
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]
Add your favorite juice into your base or experiment with flavors resembling your shisha. If your liquid of choice is highly concentrated (like pure cranberry juice), it is a good idea to dilute it with some water.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]

Water shooting up into the hose
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]
Make sure the purge valve isn’t stuck. Clean the ball bearing and its adapter after each use. A good practice is to fill the base up with water an inch above the end of your stem. This method should always be practiced.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]

BB keeps getting stuck
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]
Clean your purge port after every use including the BB itself. Some users have purchased replacement BB’s from airsoft or BB guns and reported that they get the job done.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]

Foil enters phunnel hole
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]
Chinese phunnels have more of an extended hole piece than tangiers. This may cause aluminum foil to get sucked into the hole part. I would consider sanding this piece down or simply purchasing a tangiers phunnel bowl. Remember to cover the bowl head “tight like a drum” with your aluminum foil.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]

Choosing a Vendor
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]
Out of respect to the community, it is recommended to purchase from a paid advertiser on the HookahPro.com forum. This will help in the long-run meaning more contests/giveaways (free shisha) and help our community grow as a whole. Also who can forget about our lovable discounts? *wink wink*
[/FONT]
Old April 18th, 2009, 02:03 AM
cherno83
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to cherno83
Default Re: Common Cummunity Questions

Does that milk method actually work? If so I might try it, since I hookah like everyday now lol
Old April 18th, 2009, 02:05 AM
FusionX
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FusionX

i havent tried it with tangiers, but will def throw up a review tomorrow with it lol
Old April 18th, 2009, 02:20 AM
Gift3d
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherno83 View Post
Does that milk method actually work? If so I might try it, since I hookah like everyday now lol
I didn't notice much thicker smoke when i tried it, but it did add a touch of a nice creamy flavor. Had to dilute it with enough water so that it didn't bubble up into the stem, even after i rinsed out my stem cause i didn't want any milk mold residue crap to linger in there.

But anyways nice post Fusion.
Old April 18th, 2009, 04:17 AM
HookahFlecks
Hookah Nut

Thank you very much for that mini FAQ answers. Helped me a bit.

--Eric--
Old April 18th, 2009, 04:19 AM
chrisicool
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionX View Post
Thicker Smoke [FONT=Verdana]
Pour some milk into your base and dilute it a little with water. Your cloud capacity should improve as well as a richer and creamier smoke
[/FONT]
The more heat you use the more smoke you will get too. Heat distribution is key, using a wind cover with less heat has always helped me to have bigger clouds.
Old April 18th, 2009, 04:42 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

I think milk will ruin the base, if it is left unclean, so if your a newbie i dont recommend doing it as most people starting up wont clean they hookahs after every use
Old April 18th, 2009, 10:53 AM
bradedup
Hookah Master

I m sick of people asking where the bathroom is....can we add that?
Old April 18th, 2009, 11:00 AM
ThEDrEaMEnDeR
Hookah Pro

i tried mill lastnight and it did make the smoke creamy not thicker but creamy
Old April 18th, 2009, 02:32 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

good general info in one spot but remember everyone does things differently, i like to pack a bowl slightly lower a a touch tighter because ti is better for me

-matt
Old April 18th, 2009, 03:54 PM
LoQuik
Hookah Pro

good answers to all the FAQ. Maybe add a part about cleaning the hookah and the best stuff to use when doing so.
Old April 18th, 2009, 08:31 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

i think under "headaches" it should say:

Quote:
Make sure your coals are RED HOT and ASHED OVER before placing them on your bowl.
i get gnarly ass headaches if the coals are not ashed over. it can be quicklights or naturals, doesn't matter.

oh and the title should be changed from "Common Cummunity Questions" to "Common Community Questions".

sorry, i'm picky about crap like that.
Old April 18th, 2009, 08:39 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

I merged the threads, I will find a way to add this as written Fusion.

Old April 19th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Xoek
Hookah Newbie

also, which way to the bathroom?
Old April 19th, 2009, 10:09 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoek View Post
also, which way to the bathroom?
yeah man! i was wondering that for a long time!
Old April 19th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Cj Two A
Hookah Nut

When you mention steel as a Build component of hookah you might mention, or maybe in the nationalities/brand section that it rusts if not properly maintained, Even if it is properly maintained(family used to own/run a metal fabrication shop so I know what im doing) depending on how poor the metal is you will still have corrosion. Especially in those cheap no name chinese hookahs. >_<

I just figure you want something on this in here so that when some fool comes posting, "I followed your recommendation and now the hookah I bought is rusting out!!" you can point at that and go, "we tried to tell you :/"
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook