Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

2 Holes/ 4 Holes...

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 9th, 2007, 03:09 PM
HookahETC
Banned

Send a message via AIM to HookahETC
Default 2 Holes/ 4 Holes...

What does everyone have here? I know that when I smoke, I usually get a better smoke outta my 4-holed Syrians than my 2-holed egyptians. We acutally tested it. We had same tobacco, same bowl, same coal set up, just different hookahs. The 4-holed hookah provided more smoke, smoother draw, and a little more flavor.

Whats everyones experience between the two? What does everyone own?
Old October 9th, 2007, 03:12 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Default Re: 2 Holes/ 4 Holes...

I have a Mya, i think it had 4 holes, and an Amer. The one hole in the Amer is extra wide, so i do get a great draw. my Mya is just a nasty-ass common chamber hookah though. I definately get better out of the Amer, but i'm sure your Syrians would top it. 4 holes is more than one...
Old October 9th, 2007, 03:14 PM
kingmaddog
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to kingmaddog Send a message via AIM to kingmaddog Send a message via MSN to kingmaddog Send a message via Yahoo to kingmaddog

Question, what do you mean 2 holes/ 4 holes?
Old October 9th, 2007, 03:28 PM
HookahETC
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmaddog
Question, what do you mean 2 holes/ 4 holes?
The Heart. The heart is the center of your hookah, where the Hose ports and purge valves come off of. If you look at the bottom, your hookah will have 2 holes (95% of the time) or 4 holes. If you have 2, one is directly for the hose port and the other specifically for the purge valve. If you have 4, all of them are for Hose port or purge use
Old October 9th, 2007, 03:29 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Look at the part where the downstem connects, it's called the "shank" or Heart i believe. In a Mya, there are no holes, just a big chamber, a "common chamber". In egyptian and Syrian traditional style hookahs, there is either 2 holes (one going to the hose, one to the purge valve), or 4 holes in the case of Jimmy's Syrians (3 holes to the hose, one to the purge).
Old October 9th, 2007, 03:33 PM
kingmaddog
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to kingmaddog Send a message via AIM to kingmaddog Send a message via MSN to kingmaddog Send a message via Yahoo to kingmaddog

Ok. I have a 2 hole. It's the only hookah I have and it smokes just fine.
Old October 9th, 2007, 03:57 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

I have a two hose egyptian but they seem to be wide compared to other egyptians i saw. i kind-of disagree that it makes a noticable difference because of the simple laws of physics, air vacuum. If your hose is wide the vacuum is created is bigger and forces the smoke to be pulled in grater rate through the heart.
I did an experiment on this in summer. I used a funnel ( a normal one, not the bowl) as an adaptor for a 4cm hose and tried pulling. WWOOOWW. The smoke that comes in is amazing. It made me choke. SO MUCH SMOKE, maybe too much.
IMO the difference between the draw is mostly made by the Width of the stem. My little HHH has 3 stems but only has one small hose port and draws better than my egyptian.
Old October 10th, 2007, 12:02 AM
nofrendo
Hookah Nut

lol jimmy... *self plug*

yeah i dont notice that huge of a difference... IMO the syrian that i have smokes just as well as my best MYA... which is good coming from me because i am a mya fiend.
Old October 10th, 2007, 07:04 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

My 22" E, 2 holes.
Both my enameled Syrians - 2 holes.
Engineer Syrain - 4 holes.
Modern - 1 hole! I never noticed this before - LOL!

Remarkably, I've not noticed a difference bwt my E rigs (new and past) and either of my twp types of syrians.
Old October 10th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Both my Khalil Mamoon Hookah Pipes have two holes, and they both smoke like champs! If I had to buy them all over again though, you can bet your ass I would!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old October 10th, 2007, 11:08 AM
HookahETC
Banned

I dunno..I mean like I said, I set up 2 Egyptians both with 2 holes each. I then set up a Syrian with 4 holes. All had same bowls, hoses, tobacco, coals, etc. 4 Holed much smoother, easier draw, a little more flavorful, and overall a better smoke. Could my mind be playing tricks on me? : Lol.
Old October 10th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

And I also, have used both types, and have noticed no difference, I think it is official, your mind is playing tricks on you!

Like I said, I have two KM Egyptians and they both offer me an amazing smoke! Even better then the Syrians I have tried in the past!
... Take that with a grain of salt though, cuz that is merely an opinion, as is yours and everybody else.

My opinion though is that I don't see a bit of difference between a 2 hole vs a 4 hole ...

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old October 10th, 2007, 01:07 PM
HookahETC
Banned

Lol...
Old October 26th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I have tried excellent rigs with both 2 and 4 hole hearts and I think the main difference is that the 4 hole rigs have easier draws. I should mention that the 4 hole set ups seem to diffuse the smoke more although that is partly a function of multiple holes in the hose port casting. In the end, a well made rig with 4 holes is the better choice in my opinion.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook