Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Odd night for me: I caught fire.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 17th, 2009, 10:19 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger
Default Odd night for me: I caught fire.

[17-04, 20:01] photolinger i caught on fire [17-04, 20:01] MAD_HATTER well how did you do that lol [17-04, 20:08] alia820 hahah [17-04, 20:09] photolinger uh [17-04, 20:09] photolinger i stood too close to the stove [17-04, 20:09] photolinger the heat from the coal caught my shirt on fire [17-04, 20:09] photolinger i wasnt touching, but close enough [17-04, 20:10] photolinger the guys said you are on fire i said, i know and calmy walked to the sink and took my shirt off and dumped it [17-04, 20:10] photolinger i was pissed the shirt is ruined lol [17-04, 20:10] alia820 aw man [17-04, 20:10] photolinger seriously caught on fire [17-04, 20:11] Pieking leave it to PL to be a badass.. [17-04, 20:11] photolinger i thought about it later lol [17-04, 20:11] photolinger and i was like i cant believe i was on fire [17-04, 20:11] Pieking oh look you're on fire!.. "I know.. *walks to the sink calmly*" [17-04, 20:12] Pieking I could totally see that [17-04, 20:12] Pieking now my likely reaction would probably be to spaz the fire out. >.> [17-04, 20:13] photolinger lol [17-04, 20:13] MAD_HATTER hahahaha [17-04, 20:13] MAD_HATTER wtf [17-04, 20:14] MAD_HATTER how could not figure out that your on fire [17-04, 20:15] photolinger dude it was quick [17-04, 20:15] photolinger it was, this is hot, aw fuck my shirts on fire [17-04, 20:16] MAD_HATTER lmao i would have ran to the shower and turned it on [17-04, 20:16] MAD_HATTER i panick real quik [17-04, 20:16] MAD_HATTER lol [17-04, 20:16] photolinger i thought about it but it was easy to take my shirt off

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old April 17th, 2009, 10:24 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Default Re: Odd night for me

lol that was funnay
Old April 17th, 2009, 10:34 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

insert ''flaming'' joke here! LOL
Old April 17th, 2009, 10:39 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

nice

the other day we were working on stuff in the glass studio doing a huge blow mold (basically you make a mold, this one was 200-300 lbs, heat it up to 1150*F and then blow glass into it, this mold took about 40-70 lbs, not to sure off hand), but any way we had like 10-15 people working on it and another 15 watching and one of the guys was running around to do something and caught his hair on fire because he got to close to a torch that is left on to be able to use it faster... and i might have gotten it on tape, not sure yet since there is almost an hour of footage

but any way, there is no reason to flip out when you have an issue, being calm lets you get stuff done faster and safer

-matt
Old April 17th, 2009, 10:43 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
nice

the other day we were working on stuff in the glass studio doing a huge blow mold (basically you make a mold, this one was 200-300 lbs, heat it up to 1150*F and then blow glass into it, this mold took about 40-70 lbs, not to sure off hand), but any way we had like 10-15 people working on it and another 15 watching and one of the guys was running around to do something and caught his hair on fire because he got to close to a torch that is left on to be able to use it faster... and i might have gotten it on tape, not sure yet since there is almost an hour of footage

but any way, there is no reason to flip out when you have an issue, being calm lets you get stuff done faster and safer

-matt
i dont know thats me its not like panicking but like i block everything out until i take care of my problem lol
Old April 18th, 2009, 03:55 AM
Buddhizzle
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Odd night for me: I caught fire.

really guys? cuz when I'm on fire, I usually say, "oh shit, im on fire, this sucks" then i run around like an ass until i get some nice third degree burns i spose your way could be better, but i have my doubts
Old April 18th, 2009, 04:06 AM
HookahFlecks
Hookah Nut

Holy Pyro Batman....thanks for sharing.

--Eric--
Old April 18th, 2009, 04:11 AM
SmokeRingSteve
Hookah Newbie

The fact that photo actually THOUGHT about what to do instead of being a classic "omgwtfBBQ??!?!?" clusterpluck nugget absolutely blows my mind. Was it like, roaring flames of fury up your arm, or just kinda "Oh! Mind if i bum a light for my quicklight coal?" dainty flames?
Old April 18th, 2009, 04:50 AM
mitchard
Banned

You caught on fire from the heat alone? You must have been wearing one of these:

Old April 18th, 2009, 05:08 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

No, he was wearing the exposed nipple version, but same color. LOL
Old April 18th, 2009, 05:16 AM
CyBeN
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via MSN to CyBeN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
No, he was wearing the exposed nipple version, but same color. LOL
Rofl
Old April 18th, 2009, 11:08 AM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

lol, the shirt had big big flames, it set off the fire alarm....which CH QLs and a few hours of smoking didnt...

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old April 18th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Codeman

Haha - that's pretty funny stuff!

When I was in Junior High, I was taking metal shop and doing some gas welding next to a friend. I stopped and looked over and noticed a small flame on his shirt (fleece), so I told him "Mason, your shirt's on fire". He looked down, saw it, shut off his torch, and stood up. As he stood up, all the fuzz on the fleece just flash-burned - huge fireball in front of his face. That guy was ridiculously tan, but he looked albino after that one!
Old April 18th, 2009, 11:43 AM
wicket_nirvana
Hookah Newbie

im metal shop in high school, i was gas welding and reached over to get a filler rod. because of my goggles i had almost no vision besides like straight ahead of me. i also took my gloves off for a sec so could pick up the filler rod (its hard to pick up a few millimeter thick rod with thick welding gloves on). i put my hand right through the flame. it didnt even burn for a second, but my flesh was completely charred white. it was disgustin to look at, and hurt like hell startin about a minute after it happened for around a week
Old April 18th, 2009, 01:45 PM
ThEDrEaMEnDeR
Hookah Pro

lmao PL you gota be careful with you spandex shirts man
Old April 18th, 2009, 02:06 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman View Post

When I was in Junior High, I was taking metal shop and doing some gas welding next to a friend. I stopped and looked over and noticed a small flame on his shirt (fleece), so I told him "Mason, your shirt's on fire". He looked down, saw it, shut off his torch, and stood up. As he stood up, all the fuzz on the fleece just flash-burned - huge fireball in front of his face. That guy was ridiculously tan, but he looked albino after that one!
not to be mean but it serves him right for wearing fleece while welding, he might as well have just poured gas on him self and went to welding

-matt
Old April 18th, 2009, 02:31 PM
FeliFeliWooo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to FeliFeliWooo

photolinger is fire proof
i thought everyone knew...
Old April 18th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Codeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
not to be mean but it serves him right for wearing fleece while welding, he might as well have just poured gas on him self and went to welding

-matt
He learned that day, lol. We were kids at the time (7th grade, maybe 8th). Instructor should have caught it. And all it did was flash over and burn off all the fuzz - went out immediately after that, so there was no burning involved. Nobody was hurt, so it's all good
Old April 18th, 2009, 05:05 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:

Quote:
He learned that day, lol. We were kids at the time (7th grade, maybe 8th). Instructor should have caught it. And all it did was flash over and burn off all the fuzz - went out immediately after that, so there was no burning involved. Nobody was hurt, so it's all good
he was lucky, that was one of the things my instructor in the class i took this semester kept saying over and over, he didnt even want people with jeans that had ragged bottoms on them to weld (i think he was being that hard core about it since the sculpture students that took the class are pretty lax on safety so if he insisted that much they shouldnt catch them selves on fire at least)

-matt
Old April 18th, 2009, 10:18 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

man too bad you weren't filming a review and you caught it on tape...oh man that would be crazy!
Old April 18th, 2009, 10:45 PM
FeliFeliWooo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to FeliFeliWooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadtizzle View Post
man too bad you weren't filming a review and you caught it on tape...oh man that would be crazy!
re-enactment?
Old April 19th, 2009, 08:47 AM
BigE
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
insert ''flaming'' joke here! LOL
somebody post a poll to see if photo is hot
cool
on fire
lol.
Old April 19th, 2009, 02:35 PM
glostersa
Hookah Master

What kind of coals are we using tonight hmmm dunno just light up old Photolinger and have him stand over the bowl

Remember you cannot get off from work to Visit the Missus like that.

Take care
Old April 19th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Buddhizzle
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by glostersa View Post
What kind of coals are we using tonight hmmm dunno just light up old Photolinger and have him stand over the bowl

Remember you cannot get off from work to Visit the Missus like that.

Take care
ha! Heat management simplified: "Photo! back up before you burn the bowl."
Old April 19th, 2009, 08:44 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

FIRE BAD!

Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook