Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

First nakhla

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 18th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Full_ron
Hookah Newbie

Default First nakhla

So I was finally able to get some nakhla and I'm excited. I picked up 250g of double apple and it smells fantastic. I just wanted to ask those who have smoked nakhla before which packing method worked best for you? Just the normal pack or the tangiers pack ********** tried out. Feel free to chime in and whatnot.
Old April 18th, 2009, 05:21 PM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KillerB Send a message via MSN to KillerB
Default Re: First nakhla

no matter how you pack it, it will work great, just dont burn it! lol

i really want some da.
22" Temsaah Mini-Wheat
Old April 18th, 2009, 05:26 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

i say do it like ********** but that's just me. but seriously I really enjoy doing that with nakhla but a fellow hp member chime in, i think it was kalutika with the most basic packing method and got just as much smoke as me so what do I know?
Old April 18th, 2009, 06:24 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

my theory is dont trying any special method on a tobacco or bowl you have not sued before. stick with the standard methods before you try special ones. i pack have started to pack my tobacco in general a bit lower than is recommended and some times a touch firmer and it works great for me.

i just packed up a phunel of chocomint, packed it pretty firm but below the rim some, i didnt poke holes all the way down and im getting good smoke already, and pretty good flavor (seeing if i can go 2 rounds of coals on this

-matt
Old April 18th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Yep like matt says above, pack it normally first few times and enjoy, that way if you get fancy and botch it, you have no one to blame but yourself. LOL
Old April 18th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Trivial
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
i say do it like ********** but that's just me. but seriously I really enjoy doing that with nakhla but a fellow hp member chime in, i think it was kalutika with the most basic packing method and got just as much smoke as me so what do I know?
ive heard good things about packing nakhla like john... but I dont smoke nakhla so i wouldnt know

Last edited by Trivial; April 18th, 2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old April 18th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Full_ron
Hookah Newbie

Thnx for all the input guys. One thing that I keep thinking about is that my only other bowl besides my funnel is the mya bowls that came with my bambino so it's pretty damn tiny. But I'll use this thread as the deciding factor. Whichever method gets more votes wins.
Old April 18th, 2009, 07:53 PM
wonderland
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to wonderland

I smoke out of a small mya bowl all the time... works great! lol the phunnel is good too lol
Old April 18th, 2009, 08:30 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

i only really got 1.5 rounds of coals out of tangiers packed kinda tight in a small phunnel, flavor started to die and the tobacco was pretty well cooked

as to the mya bowls, i find them to be hit and miss, some times they smoke great and you can get a really long session out of them because of their depth other times they dont smoke well. maybe its me but ive packed them the same and had differences, idk

-matt
Old April 18th, 2009, 09:26 PM
omgheyitskenny
Hookah Nut

either way of packing it is good but I def like packing **********'s way
Old April 19th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Full_ron
Hookah Newbie

So I've decided to use my regular mya bowl. My question now is that how many coals should I use? Keep in mind that I got one of the tiny mya bowls that came with my bambino and I plan on using cocos. How many pieces should I use? I do have a wind cover so yea. Thnx for all the help.
Old April 19th, 2009, 04:39 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_ron View Post
So I've decided to use my regular mya bowl. My question now is that how many coals should I use? Keep in mind that I got one of the tiny mya bowls that came with my bambino and I plan on using cocos. How many pieces should I use? I do have a wind cover so yea. Thnx for all the help.
2 usually works well on those just make sure to leave a gap so that it gets heat penetrating with out burning the top

-matt
Old April 19th, 2009, 04:57 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
I would say 1 with a windcover, on those tiiny bowls im not sure if you can fit 2
Old April 19th, 2009, 05:02 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Nakhla DA is one of the most reziliant products on the market. Even if you should burn it you can simply remove some heat and it will quickly fall back in line.
And congratulations on the smashing of your Nakhla hymen!
Old April 19th, 2009, 05:13 PM
callumwallum
Hookah Newbie

abu, that is disgurrrrrrrrrrrrrrsting lol
Old April 19th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Full_ron
Hookah Newbie

So I just finished my first session using my mya bowl and it was pretty good. I was surprised a couple of times when I got some huge clouds. I was using one coco with a windcover everynow and then. Looking forward to trying **********s method tomorrow. Btw do people pick stems out when using the tangiers method?
Old April 19th, 2009, 08:24 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

I use a large Egyptian bowl with nakhla that has been loosened up and unpacked. After that I just use normal foil (not HD unless I have it) and a couple CH coals. A wind cover at first to heat the bowl and then on and off as I see fit. the coals start on their small sides and move to their largest sides as the bowl reaches optimal temperature.

The tobacco is nto packed tight in the Egyptian but is about a medium pack. Not fluffed but not tight. To allow for airflow.
Old April 19th, 2009, 08:42 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
So I just finished my first session using my mya bowl and it was pretty good. I was surprised a couple of times when I got some huge clouds. I was using one coco with a windcover everynow and then. Looking forward to trying **********s method tomorrow. Btw do people pick stems out when using the tangiers method?
yes/no/sometimes/always/never/you have to/its stupid to

there is the answer to picking stems out

i never do, some always do, dmc smoked a whole bowl of stems and said its fine

-matt
Old April 19th, 2009, 08:53 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:

Don't ever pick out stems. you just loose mass that smokes fine and you waste time along with tobacco you paid for. sometimes if you find one big enough to start a log cabin you can pull it and cut it up or just ditch it if that's too much effort. Still less effort than picking out all the stems.
Old April 19th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Full_ron
Hookah Newbie

Thnx for the tips guys. I did pull some of the larger stems out since. I'll let you guys know how the tangiers method worked for me when I smoke tomorrow.
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser

I am SOOO happy you like Nakhla DA. seriously. No I mean it. No internet sarcasm.
Old April 20th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Full_ron
Hookah Newbie

So with the tangiers packing method I saw that there was way more smoke. The flavor was still really good. There were times in which it tasted off for a min but nuthn purging won't fix. I would recommend that method more now. Looks like nakhla found another loyal member. Can't wait to try some chocomint or mandarin.
Old April 20th, 2009, 04:19 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
So with the tangiers packing method I saw that there was way more smoke. The flavor was still really good. There were times in which it tasted off for a min but nuthn purging won't fix. I would recommend that method more now. Looks like nakhla found another loyal member. Can't wait to try some chocomint or mandarin.
with chocomint you will have to keep your self from smoking it every day just do you dont run out really fast
-matt
Old April 20th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Full_ron
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
with chocomint you will have to keep your self from smoking it every day just do you dont run out really fast
-matt
Foreal it's that good? Ugh I wish the smoke shop here sold more nakhla. They only sell da and as much as I enjoyed it I'm not a fan of da.
Btw my coco kept going black how do people prevent that from happening?
Old April 20th, 2009, 04:32 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Foreal it's that good? Ugh I wish the smoke shop here sold more nakhla. They only sell da and as much as I enjoyed it I'm not a fan of da.
Btw my coco kept going black how do people prevent that from happening?
on the bottom (and on the top at first while they are still big) is normal. if they are not giving you weird taste or head aches its the normal blackening, if its giving you taste you need to leave them on the stove longer, i put mine on until all of the sides are ashed over then flip them, johns cocos light faster than coconaras but same practice just different time amounts

and yes chocomint is that good
-matt
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook