Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

What to get?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 22nd, 2009, 08:29 PM
cdo749
Hookah Newbie

Default What to get?

Me and my friends are looking to buy a new hookah. We want something that will be worth the money. My friend apparently says that the Mya QT is really good but i don't think that it will be that great especially since we use it very often and like to get good smoke sessions in. I would appreciate opinions and if anyone knows about the mya gt to give some reviews.
Thank you
Old April 22nd, 2009, 08:32 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

Default Re: What to get?

Welcome! Take a look at this sticky, it might help you: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11029

also, there is the review section you can browse through with tons of reviews.

hope this helps!

Old April 22nd, 2009, 08:32 PM
chrisicool
Hookah Pro

if you're looking for a quality hookah that you'll use regularly a smaller Mya would be perfect for that. QT, Bambino, etc.. But if you really want something that says, Im hookah proffesional! I'd grab a small syrian like...

http://www.thehookah.com/nour-brass-...s-24-inch.html
Old April 22nd, 2009, 08:35 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisicool View Post
if you're looking for a quality hookah that you'll use regularly a smaller Mya would be perfect for that. QT, Bambino, etc.. But if you really want something that says, Im hookah proffesional! I'd grab a small syrian like...

http://www.thehookah.com/nour-brass-...s-24-inch.html
+1 thats a great hookah for the price you pay
Old April 22nd, 2009, 08:41 PM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

nothing wrong with a qt but there are plenty of good hookahs out there so take time in making this decisions
Old April 22nd, 2009, 08:47 PM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KillerB Send a message via MSN to KillerB

Seconding Chrisicool's contribution.

also, i would like to add, that size isnt that relevant. I mean, i prefer pipes that are a little on the larger size. If you want the best hookah go with something like a Nour, KM, or MZ. All of these are hand crafted, pretty solid construction and aesthetically pleasing. I prefer these to something like a MYA or a Sahara hookah becasue they are made with a little better materials and have a TRADITIONAL CHAMBER as opposed to a COMMON CHAMBER. They also tend to smoke a littl ebetter, in that the draw on them is much looser than that of most other hookahs.

I would also like to add, that just because you smoke with more than one person doesnt mean you should get a 2+ hose hookah, there is nothign wrong with passing the hose. IN my experience, two hose rigs, especially those with autoseal systems are just too much of a hassle. If you insist on getting a two hose, i reccomend a KM two hose from **********.com. TheHookah.com sells them as well, but i have a man-crush on John. Teehee

These of course are just my opinions, feel free to do with them as you please.
22" Temsaah Mini-Wheat
Old April 22nd, 2009, 08:53 PM
cdo749
Hookah Newbie

No i don't plan on getting 2+ hose i want to get the best clouds and taste and make sure it is pulling good
Old April 22nd, 2009, 09:02 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdo749 View Post
No i don't plan on getting 2+ hose i want to get the best clouds and taste and make sure it is pulling good
getting the "best" clouds and taste is all depending on how you set up your hookah or if you know how to manage your heat. you could get a SYRIAN or KM and get crappy wispy clouds because you dont know how to manage your heat.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 09:46 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

just give that stick a read through man, if you have any questions, just post to the question thread I link to in that top of that stick.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old April 22nd, 2009, 09:51 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

if you want good clouds,

DO NOT GET AN AUTO-SEAL RIG. if you get 2 or more hoses, make sure it either doesn't have autoseal, or you can take it out. it messes with your O's, and your cloud size.

i personally love mya qt's, they're expandable to 2 hoses for under $20- (mya hose adaptor: $7-$8, and a mya hose is about $7). plus they are washable, huge plus.

i'll probably get one this summer when i get bored of my new km that's coming in tomorrow

if you want huge clouds you're probably going to want a phunnel bowl, and some al-fakher or starbuzz since those are the juiciest brands.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 04:38 AM
wonderland
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_HATTER View Post
getting the "best" clouds and taste is all depending on how you set up your hookah or if you know how to manage your heat. you could get a SYRIAN or KM and get crappy wispy clouds because you dont know how to manage your heat.
+1

I have the mya QT and its da bomb. I have alot of other hookahs but its just the right size and easy to clean etc...
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook