Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

The Best Advice I've Heard Thus Far.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 23rd, 2009, 02:15 PM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KillerB Send a message via MSN to KillerB
Default Re: The Best Advice I've Heard Thus Far.

when i said #6 has to get you slapped i was mostly referringto the tongue thing....
22" Temsaah Mini-Wheat
Old April 23rd, 2009, 02:19 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

1. Most important tip u could find on the net...Pack lightly by sprinkling and leave at least 3/5 inch space from shisha to foil so that the pull is easier and the shisha doesn't burn, the way you know that you overpack the bowl is if when ur session is done, there is black burnt shisha stuck to the foil.

Yeah I dont even know how much space I said to leave in my vid on this but the idea is space.

2. Add ice cubes to the base, this is prime for any good smoke, it also protects ur lungs from scorching hot smoke.

Eh, I use cool water. If you really like the cold smoke then get an Icetray hookah too. I get less flavor with water thats too cold and honestly its less pleasant.

3. Clean the pipe and the hose (if it is washable). The taste will be unbelievable during any session if u clean the pipe with lemon juice and the washable hose with water.

You should clean your stuff not for this effect, but so it doesnt rust and actually functions 20 uses later.

4. Stick with cheap, brand name shisha, fruity flavors.. The only shisha u should buy is al fakher, nakhla and on certain occasions starbuzz. Fruity flavors carry the most flavor while artifical flavors get dull after a while (with the exception of sb blue mist).

Nakhla is inexpensive, and is one of my favorite brands, however I still buy tangiers lucid which isnt cheap. I also enjoy ayam zaman which is 40bucks a tin.

5. If you add milk, add 1 or 2 shots AT MOST. If you add more, the milk will bubble into the hose and cause mold to form...

if you get anything in a nonwashable hose, it is probably done for. if its washable then no worries. However, milk just doesnt do what they say it does. neither does coconut milk. pure placebo effect.

6. If you're with a chick or a group at that, introduce them to shotgunning by asking "Hey i just learned how to shotgun, u wanna learn?" Proceed to insert your tongue in them while transferring the smoke from your mouth to theirs. If they are familiar with shotgunning, ask them to teach you...You will love this, guaranteed.

works if both parties are drunk and under the conditions sambooka mentioned. i still do this with my wife lol.

7. Leave the coals on the far edges of the bowl for heat management purposes, this will allow the hookah to smoke longer.

People overlook this one A LOT.

8. Don't smoke hookah everyday or every week. It is enjoyable and refreshing once in awhile, otherwise it's just unhealthy.

This is sort of a hookah enthusiast forum...this wont fly with people here.

9. If you're up to it, try new stuff. Try adding stuff to the shisha (apple bits, molasses, honey) and to the vase. the most enjoyable smoke i've had was with beer, apple, ice, and sprite in the base with al fakher lemon...

I agree its fun, only once in a while for me though. Just dont want to do the extra work.

10. A nice addition for a party is to add 3/4 parts vodka and 1/4 part water, 1 shot of milk to the base. Effective in keeping you euphoric and up for the majority of the night.

I feel confident in saying my lungs have been damaged by the amount of alcoholic smoke they have consumed. Its great thing to do freshman year of college...but then...eh.

PS: #4...I haven't tried tangiers but i have a feeling it is too strong for me

I do not enjoy tangiers noir for the heat, so i smoke the lucid line for the flavor. if you want a good kick of nicotine try Ayam Zaman, but don't operate machinery afterwards.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner

Last edited by photolinger; April 23rd, 2009 at 02:22 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 02:22 PM
Divine
Hookah Nut

I cracked up reading this.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 03:19 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Fezzik Send a message via Yahoo to Fezzik

My wife calls number 6 a hookah kiss. LOL. We don't seem to do it much anymore but when we first started hookah it was pretty funny. Usually she gets horny when we smoke hookah. Not sure why.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 03:41 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I am telling you! Women do get turned on by number 6! It is sexy to them! It is like they are inhaling your soul or something!? They get off on it!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old April 23rd, 2009, 03:44 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Sam, anyone who makes videos knows this to be true, why do you think we have youtube subscribers..smoke fetishes ftw!

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old April 23rd, 2009, 04:12 PM
denverbroncos
Hookah Newbie

glad u guys are enjoying #6
Old April 23rd, 2009, 04:24 PM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser

I usually just say

"hey, I wanna have lung cancer with you, lets shotgun"

works every time.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 04:48 PM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
Sam, anyone who makes videos knows this to be true, why do you think we have youtube subscribers..smoke fetishes ftw!
i dont have any subscribers....
22" Temsaah Mini-Wheat
Old April 23rd, 2009, 10:38 PM
gigdarling25
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to gigdarling25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shienhausser View Post
I usually just say

"hey, I wanna have lung cancer with you, lets shotgun"

works every time.
lmao! super slick playa! chunking the lung caner duece.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:00 PM
Ninorey123
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Ninorey123

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerB View Post
i dont have any subscribers....
... lol... *pedo-smile* its ok.. i subbed to you.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:15 PM
Pixelz
Hookah Pro

1. Most important tip u could find on the net...Pack lightly by sprinkling and leave at least 3/5 inch space from shisha to foil so that the pull is easier and the shisha doesn't burn, the way you know that you overpack the bowl is if when ur session is done, there is black burnt shisha stuck to the foil.
You don't need a 3/5 inch gap, just make sure none is touching.

2. Add ice cubes to the base, this is prime for any good smoke, it also protects ur lungs from scorching hot smoke.
Ice doesn't stop harshness, no matter how much ice is in your base if you burn your shisha it's still going to be harsh. Also even with warm water in the base, if your cooking your tobacco right, it'll NEVER be scorching hot.

4. Stick with cheap, brand name shisha, fruity flavors.. The only shisha u should buy is al fakher, nakhla and on certain occasions starbuzz. Fruity flavors carry the most flavor while artifical flavors get dull after a while (with the exception of sb blue mist).
You haven't smoked much have you?

5. If you add milk, add 1 or 2 shots AT MOST. If you add more, the milk will bubble into the hose and cause mold to form...
It's why you get a washable hose, plus when using milk or soda you should always use washable hoses, as well as cleaning everything immediately.

6. If you're with a chick or a group at that, introduce them to shotgunning by asking "Hey i just learned how to shotgun, u wanna learn?" Proceed to insert your tongue in them while transferring the smoke from your mouth to theirs. If they are familiar with shotgunning, ask them to teach you...You will love this, guaranteed.
WERE THE HELL DID YOU HEAR THIS FROM! THAT IS NOT HOW YOU SHOTGUN! Don't do this......to anyone....ever........seriously.....don't...do it.

7. Leave the coals on the far edges of the bowl for heat management purposes, this will allow the hookah to smoke longer.
Not only that but it helps with heat managment.

8. Don't smoke hookah everyday or every week. It is enjoyable and refreshing once in awhile, otherwise it's just unhealthy.
It's unhealthy no matter how often you smoke.

10. A nice addition for a party is to add 3/4 parts vodka and 1/4 part water, 1 shot of milk to the base. Effective in keeping you euphoric and up for the majority of the night.
Because everyones goal in smoking hookah is being euphoric huh?

it is.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:21 PM
Pixelz
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
I am telling you! Women do get turned on by number 6! It is sexy to them! It is like they are inhaling your soul or something!? They get off on it!
shame shame shame.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:42 PM
stolenbythesky
Hookah Newbie

i. love. this thread.
Old April 24th, 2009, 12:14 AM
denverbroncos
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelz View Post
You don't need a 3/5 inch gap, just make sure none is touching.

Ice doesn't stop harshness, no matter how much ice is in your base if you burn your shisha it's still going to be harsh. Also even with warm water in the base, if your cooking your tobacco right, it'll NEVER be scorching hot.

You haven't smoked much have you?

It's why you get a washable hose, plus when using milk or soda you should always use washable hoses, as well as cleaning everything immediately.

WERE THE HELL DID YOU HEAR THIS FROM! THAT IS NOT HOW YOU SHOTGUN! Don't do this......to anyone....ever........seriously.....don't...do it.

Not only that but it helps with heat managment.

It's unhealthy no matter how often you smoke.

Because everyones goal in smoking hookah is being euphoric huh?

it is.
i'm not sure if i'd like to smoke with you...
Old April 24th, 2009, 12:24 AM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverbroncos View Post
LMAO
Old April 24th, 2009, 12:35 AM
FeliFeliWooo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to FeliFeliWooo

Quote:
doesnt sound like anyone on the forum wants to smoke with you
lol kidding aside this thread is hilarious
Old April 24th, 2009, 12:37 AM
Liszt
Hookah Pro

Quote:
I've just recently started becoming a hookah enthusiast and I think it is a relaxing thing to do if you're studyin or somethin like that. Just wanted to share some of my knowledge for the best smoke possible.

I don't believe an "exact" measurement is nec., but space is a necessity!!!

I've yet to smoke any "scorching hot" hookah smoke, but ice is definitely nice.

3. Clean the pipe and the hose (if it is washable). The taste will be unbelievable during any session if u clean the pipe with lemon juice and the washable hose with water.

I clean my hookah twice a week, even with that I should be cleaning it more ( I smoke about a bowl a day)

Not a big fan of this one. AF has gone down in quality greatly, Nakhla to me is like drinking Natural Light, and SB is HIGHLY overrated. I enjoy Romman, Fumari, certain SB flavors, only about 2-3 flavors of AF (pipe is godlike), Fusions another great brand.

Avoid Fantasia!!!! Cheaply made overpriced garbage that costs more than starbuzz.

I'd avoid milk altogether personally, I've found that smoke rumor to be a myth. My clouds never increased in density or size due to milk.

If she's not drunk, good luck my friend.

Definitely a plus!!!!!

Excess of anything is bad. Having 4+ bowls everyday could be very bad, but no need to fear smoking more than once a month. The only "right" amount is however much you want to smoke (without indulgance), besides i've reason to believe Cancer is more based on genetics.

9. If you're up to it, try new stuff. Try adding stuff to the shisha (apple bits, molasses, honey) and to the vase. the most enjoyable smoke i've had was with beer, apple, ice, and sprite in the base with al fakher lemon...

Too much hassle honestly. I would experiment with different liquids in the base, I've made horrid tobacco (HF banana split) taste AMAZING with juice in my base. The best thus far was probably Romman Good times with orange Kool-Aid, or eating Reese Cups with my peanut butter/ af pipe combo.

Oh god. After tip 8 this one made me laugh. Please don't inhale alcohol. Drink it, abstain from it, do whatever, but oh goodness. 3/4ths parts vodka? Wow.

Nakhla is nothing but a poor man's Tangiers.
Old April 24th, 2009, 12:46 AM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liszt View Post
Nakhla is nothing but a poor man's Tangiers.
oh god... what have you done?
22" Temsaah Mini-Wheat
Old April 24th, 2009, 12:59 AM
Liszt
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerB View Post
oh god... what have you done?
Ya, you heard me. I am an avid anti-Natural Light guy, and an avid Nakhla guy. Same quality, same level of taste =).
Old April 24th, 2009, 02:09 AM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liszt View Post
Ya, you heard me. I am an avid anti-Natural Light guy, and an avid Nakhla guy. Same quality, same level of taste =).
wait.... are you trying to say you hate natural coals and nakhla.... i think that is ban worthy.
22" Temsaah Mini-Wheat
Old April 24th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Xoek
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
yeah, cuz we all know women get off on devouring men's souls, usually over a long period of time in well designed long drawn-out highly though-out precision engineered and elaborate processes, you know to savor the flavor. the flavor of mens. WATCH OUT!!THEY'RE COMING!! they're coming to eat your soul!

lol, j/k, i kid, i kid! no need to be offended ladies. i don't even know what i'm saying anymore. doc gave me a prescription for pain meds, but they are really strong and i'm gonna stop typing now.
Old April 24th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

They really do want to suck your souls! I truly believe that!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old April 24th, 2009, 08:59 AM
ByronSA
Hookah Pro

i love how the girls disagree with number six yet the the guys think otherwise
Old April 24th, 2009, 04:46 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

My wife likes it.

And in college it was a perfect way to see where the night was going w/ someone

(she's only talking about when he uses a KM to blow smoke in her mouth)

Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook