Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Just got my hookah and done with my first bowl.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old April 23rd, 2009, 07:53 PM
Hookah Newbie
Default Just got my hookah and done with my first bowl.

Hey guys sorry if im in the wrong thread, but my Zen Hookah came in today from sahara smoke (shipping was really quick might do a vendor/pipe review later) was my fist hookah so I just wanted something small to try it out. Gotta say i was really surprised even with all my beginner mistakes (think the top of my bowl ended up with more ash on it then the tray lol) it was really a great experience. Im sure it would of been better with a better quality hookah but I cant complain one bit. Not sure if im ready to put down my pipe just yet but im sure it wont be to long.

Anyway I did have a few questions for you guys and sorry if it was posted before. Since it was my first time smoking a hookah I really wasn't to sure on how often I should purge. My vase is really small so it seemed to fill with smoke quick so i ended up purging every 2-3mins. I guess if you wait to long it starts to effect the quility of the smoke? If someone could clear that up for me it would be helpful.

Also my charcoal seemed to burn out before the bowl was finished. The Zen comes with a kinda small bowl so I used two Alhla charcoals. Not sure if I was somking to slow or just need to add a third charcoal? Maybe it just comes with experience lol.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
Old April 23rd, 2009, 07:54 PM
Hookah Master
Default Re: Just got my hookah and done with my first bowl.

Purging only needs to be done when the smoke gets harsh. A vase full of smoke is generally a good thing.

Old April 23rd, 2009, 07:58 PM
Hookah Newbie

Coals often run out before the bowl itself does.. its always good to have a coal or two on reserve and once the current ones start to get smaller add another one on top. If they are quick lights just light one up and put it on top, if they are naturals what I do, instead of putting some on the stove again, is just prop them on top of the lit coals and they will eventually catch and then just let them fully light, or help it along by picking it up with the tongs and blowing on it a bit.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 08:44 PM
Hookah Enthusiast

Yea, purging is only required if you get harsh smoke. Ideally you want the base full of smoke. But Akhla coals do not last that long so i would either switch to a natural coal, or have another one on hand when the other starts dieing out.

And yes, experience is the key. I know too many people who wont smoke hookah based on one bad experience. This one friend said that he didnt like hookah because the smoke was too thin so i told him to smoke with me......boy was he wrong...
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook