Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

opinions on stocking up?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 25th, 2009, 09:54 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Default opinions on stocking up?

ok so since i have the ability to grab some shisha at a reduced price for a short period of time i am thinking of stocking up on some stuff but since i will be home for the summer i will go from smoking 2 bowls a day to probably 2 bowls a week probably.

im trying to figure out if it is worth it to grab some flavors i like to stock up when im really only going to save a buck per pack, and if it is going to sit here for 3 months+ is that really worth it. i know shisha is supposed to be good for 2 years on the shelf.

so in short, does everything think it is worth it to stock up on stuff at one time to save just a bit if it may sit around for 3-6 months before being opened and a god 1-3 months more to be used after opening

thanks
-matt
Old April 25th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Pieking
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: opinions on stocking up?

I say stock up. Not to start a political argument but with Barack Obama in office, god knows what kind of crazy taxes will be put in place in any given amount of time. I'd say stock up now while the prices are the way they are.
Old April 25th, 2009, 09:58 PM
reality-
Banned

if you dont open it then there is no problem.. jsut keep it cold not in refrigirater ( spelling ? to tired to look up ) and in a dark place and you should be alright..
but you know that stuff already since you are a pro. But I will tell you anyway that after opening it you should keep it into airtight containers on the same storing level and you will be just fine!

So to the stocking up! you must get nakhla chocomint! It's cheap! its probably one of the best shishas out there in every way! and you can use it to mix about anything!
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:04 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Shisha is good for over 2 years, especially if stored in glass jars. I still have AF mint from 2005 that is just as juicy and flavorful as it was almost 4 years ago now.

It is always good to stock up on flavors you like when the discount is great. I follow the rule that if I can get it for 2 or more dollars less I'll buy a lot of tobacco in bulk.
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser

Stock up, I just ordered 2.5 kilos.
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Get SB pumpkin pie and lots of it
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:17 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by reality- View Post
if you dont open it then there is no problem.. jsut keep it cold not in refrigirater ( spelling ? to tired to look up ) and in a dark place and you should be alright..
but you know that stuff already since you are a pro. But I will tell you anyway that after opening it you should keep it into airtight containers on the same storing level and you will be just fine!

So to the stocking up! you must get nakhla chocomint! It's cheap! its probably one of the best shishas out there in every way! and you can use it to mix about anything!
lol, the one i am probably going to stock up on is chocomint, i bought out the local place right before the tax hike (only 2 boxes left though, and one was for my good friend). i just killed a box of chocomint the other day and about to open my last box of it.

and as to the air tight i am pretty over the top with it, i put the tobacco in a ziplock bag, put that into a 2nd bag, put that into the box then put that into another zip lock

i guess i will just grab another thing of the choco mint. honestly it is the only thing i care about having a large supply of since i go through it soooo fast (got the box about march 19th and just finished it 2 days ago)

i guess i will stock up some. i cant justify buying more than 5-7 boxes honestly with my cash supply but it is a great deal. i think i will just bag it up well and toss it in the bottom of my tobacco cabinet

thanks guys
-matt
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:28 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieking View Post
Not to start a political argument but with Barack Obama in office, god knows what kind of crazy taxes will be put in place in any given amount of time.
I've found that the best way to avoid ''political arguments'' is to avoid overtly political statements....I'm jus' sayin'
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Pieking
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
I've found that the best way to avoid ''political arguments'' is to avoid overtly political statements....I'm jus' sayin'
Yea I hear ya.. I don't think it will offend anybody though. I always try to keep it within reason.
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:44 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieking View Post
Yea I hear ya.. I don't think it will offend anybody though. I always try to keep it within reason.
people here have gotten to the point they just ignore the right wing propaganda, yes there was a tobacco tax increase, yes it was not logical (i would be willing to bet due to PM having their hands so far up politicians butts), but there is no way that the people will allow another increase any time soon.

any way if you want to keep this going lets start a thread in serious discussion but it has already been beaten to death with the right wing propagandists trying to say that obama will tax us to death, other people blowing off the taxes all together, and the whole thing falling into a pissing match of people bitching about taxes being needed and then the crazy people saying taxes are unconstitutional and that they should go away who are the same people that would bitch and moan when they dont have roads or police </rant> move it to serious discussion if this needs to continue but its the same thing over and over, and sorry if i sound like a dick, im just tired from getting up really early and being out in the heat all day

back on topic
-matt
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Doesnt obama smoke?
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Back to topic:

I have yet to try Chocomint, even being the hardcore nakhla fan I am. If it's good enough for you to buy 6 boxes of it then I HAVE to try it
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Pieking
Hookah Newbie

I knew I would regret saying that. My apologies to all whom I offended.. I meant it as pure speculation and not as a prediction. From now on I'll keep all political statements to myself unless in a political discussion. Again, I apologize.
Old April 25th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

^Its not anything personal dude, we have the same policy on the forum I mod on, I move/delete political arguments ALL THE TIME. That's why there is a serious discussion section, b/c people are very touchy about politics/religion.

Old April 25th, 2009, 11:03 PM
FeliFeliWooo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to FeliFeliWooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldgr33ntea View Post
Doesnt obama smoke?
LOL
Old April 25th, 2009, 11:21 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldgr33ntea View Post
Doesnt obama smoke?
not a reliable source, but this site tells that he still does.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_Obama_smoke

on abcnews.com there was a quote from early '09 that said he "was trying to quit" and he's been chewing nicorette gum and he said "it tastes like pepper and dirt".
Old April 25th, 2009, 11:26 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shienhausser View Post
Back to topic:

I have yet to try Chocomint, even being the hardcore nakhla fan I am. If it's good enough for you to buy 6 boxes of it then I HAVE to try it
lol i meant in the order as a whole... but it is very good, i could smoke it all the time i think

but i do plan to end up going through a box ever month to 6 weeks after summer just because it is sooooo good (and i will smoke more often again since i wont be at home for the summer, i just feel weird smoking a lot around my rents). how ever the only down side of it is that it really ghosts your hose so i have ended up just using one hose for mint and chocomint (honestly havent needed to wash my nammors though for months since i just suck them out well when im done but they keep a touch of flavor).

and Pieking i didnt mean to come across as a total d-bag, just had a long day and have gotten annoyed at how things that truly take a large amount of congress to be for them to happen get blamed on the president or some one else that really has no power to implement things one way or another, especially when other people have abused power recently and blatantly over reached their powers to do illegal things yet people didnt say crap about it

-matt
Old April 25th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Fervent_Render
Hookah Newbie

stock up man! look, in this economy with the way things are going, take advantage of the values that are in front of you!
Old April 26th, 2009, 02:33 AM
HookahFlecks
Hookah Nut

Only good things can come from aging and cellaring tobacco of any kind...and that is no exception with shisha...tobacco cures and ferments over a slow period of time...so buy away. ( Just remember to keep it away from extreme temperatures, store it in a closet or an equivalency )

--Eric--
Old April 26th, 2009, 05:15 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

I say stock up i just stocked up 2 kilos as prices were good, even tho i allready have bout 2-3 lying around.

If i see a great deal and i know sooner or later im going to be needing that tobacco i stock up
Old April 26th, 2009, 05:38 AM
euroautolover
Hookah Nut

Yeah, definitely stock up. But don't open the shisha you're not going to use, and make sure they are stored in a cool place. But don't put them in a fridge or freezer.
Old April 26th, 2009, 06:09 AM
ArcadeImp
Hookah Newbie

I have seen the same thread on a gun forum I frequent (ammo, not shisha) and my opinion is the same on both.

If you can get a deal- go for it. But don't panic-buy anything.
Old April 26th, 2009, 09:09 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcadeImp View Post
I have seen the same thread on a gun forum I frequent (ammo, not shisha) and my opinion is the same on both.

If you can get a deal- go for it. But don't panic-buy anything.
ya my brother has been telling me how high the prices are getting since people are freaking out for no real reason

i ended up getting 2 things of chocomint, 1 of: margarita, bahrany apple, orange and salloum mint plus a bunch of coals

-matt

Last edited by mattathayde; April 26th, 2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old April 26th, 2009, 11:24 AM
jimmmmaaaa
Hookah Nut

Everyone keeps saying its okay as long as you don't open it, its fine. Personally, i don't trust the original seals, especially with Nakhla. Almost all the time, i can smell the tobacco though the packaging, which in my opinion means not airtight. Although, i have been storing about 2 kilos in ziploc twist and seals since about September, and it seems to be as fresh as the day i bought it.
Old April 26th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Anyone try vacuum packing

or "press and seal"?
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook