Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Nakhla i really like this stuff but...

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 27th, 2009, 02:18 PM
nibbz1441
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to nibbz1441
Default Nakhla i really like this stuff but...

I have some nakhla mizo grape and some nakhla mandarin and i tryed smoking the white grape a while ago and i loved the flavor and everything but it made me sick. I dont smoke cigarettes often so im wondering if it was the nicotine that made me sick, i was wondering if mixing this shisha with say hh or some other washed shisha would help with the sickness untill i get used to the nicotine content. If anyone has any imput that would be helpfull Thx
Old April 27th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Liszt
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Nakhla i really like this stuff but...

It could be. I am ignorant to the Mizo line (isn't that the washed line?) but the Mandarin is more than likely not washed. Tobacco which isn't washed has a higher nicotine content than washed tobacco. WHen first starting to smoke hookah my first bowl of Nakhla made me slightly sick. In a few bowls you'll be fine though, no worries =).

For smoking shisha to slowly get used to nicotine, i'd start off with "pansy leveled nicotine" tobacco, such as Starbuzz. After starbuzz i'd go to Romman/AF, then start hitting up Nakhla. After Nakhla, Tangiers is amazing if you can get it right.

As for HH/HF, can't say i'm a big fan of their tobacco. I've had some alright smokes, 1-3 good ones (I did thoroughly enjoy blueberry pancakes and peanut butter), but the majority where simply "mediocre."
Old April 27th, 2009, 02:27 PM
reality-
Banned

I have a very inportent input that had made myself be able to smoke nakhla without problems and not have to be thinking "take it easy.. dont chainsmoke.. dont smoke for a min" and such whens moking nakhla..

the solution: HEBA DIFFUSER

the reviews: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=830
I myself have made a deep analysis of the heba diffusers and it was a savior for my hookah smoking career as I know never worry about how I smoke.. i just take puffs as often as I wish and theres really ny problem ever !
Old April 27th, 2009, 02:28 PM
nibbz1441
Hookah Newbie

mizo is the more wet line of nakhla i think thats the only real difference and thanks i will just try to smoke through the sickness than lol i love nakhla so far minus the sick feeling tho.
Old April 27th, 2009, 02:35 PM
pswami
Hookah Nut

Yeah, Mizo is the wetter line; it's not washed. And Romman isn't washed either, so that isn't the same as AF.

Definitely mix up your Nakhla! It's not a good idea to just try and crank through the sickness you have; that could just make things worse. Mixing it half/half will get you more used to the nicotine level, and then you can move from there, once you've gotten used to it, to full Nakhla.
Old April 27th, 2009, 02:42 PM
kivwa
Hookah Newbie

yea mizo like all nakhla is unwashed, well i heard all nakhlas are partially washed in the process but still nothing near AF or starbuzz etc., mizo is wetter meaning bigger clouds mainly, maybe stronger flavor as a result as well.

It took me upwards of 20 sessions to get used to buzzes, i started off with AF and I would get big buzzes from it lol then i started smoking nakhla and found the flavor to be much more suited to my tastes, it was more natural and just plain yummy to me and the buzz ended up being equal to the AF buzz by the time i started smoking it.

nakhla DA and the mizo line may pack more of a punch because of the bigger clouds, more efficient at delivering the nicotene im guessing, ive had DA and it is way stronger than mandarin or sweet melon for example. just keep smoking it and try not to chain smoke it, be hydrated and dont smoke on an empty stomach, and eventually your body will be able to handle it better, possibly to the point where you do not get any buzz whatsoever. Maybe open a window or something as well, you dont want to deprive yourself of oxygen either.
Old April 27th, 2009, 02:47 PM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KillerB Send a message via MSN to KillerB

the problem with mixing different brands of tobacco is that they have different smoking temps. the HH is gonna burn at the temp nakhla needs to smoke to its full potential, and the HH target temp isnt hot enough for nakhla.

just make sure you are well hydrated and arent smoking on an empty tummy.

i am actually eating 3 sammiches now so i can safely enjoy the nakhla godliness
22" Temsaah Mini-Wheat
Old April 27th, 2009, 02:50 PM
nibbz1441
Hookah Newbie

alright thanks for all the input guys
Old April 27th, 2009, 04:27 PM
yeags777
Hookah Pro

but nothing!!! kekeke
________
Yamaha MU-series history

Last edited by yeags777; February 4th, 2011 at 01:19 AM.
Old April 27th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Liszt
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pswami View Post
Yeah, Mizo is the wetter line; it's not washed. And Romman isn't washed either, so that isn't the same as AF.

Definitely mix up your Nakhla! It's not a good idea to just try and crank through the sickness you have; that could just make things worse. Mixing it half/half will get you more used to the nicotine level, and then you can move from there, once you've gotten used to it, to full Nakhla.
Oh shoot, I never noticed Romman was washed. I've been smoking it for a year and only like 2 flavors ever buzzed me, odd
Old April 28th, 2009, 12:15 AM
MercQV62
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to MercQV62

I love Nakhla. I would recommend mixing nakhlas flavors with Al Fakher mint. This mix works wonders with most nakhla
Old April 28th, 2009, 12:45 AM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser

I don't get a buzz anymore from nakhka but I don't chain smoke and I keep hydrated. I relax with hookah so no need to rush the session or the headrush.

When I first started smoking Nakhla I was not so wise and had many dizzy nights.
Old May 30th, 2009, 06:35 AM
benzona2
Hookah Newbie

man I am so glad you people like nakhla.... this is the only brand available in my country so I'm happy to see I'm not missing much! btw i thought of the easiest simplest most adjustable way to make a diffuser!

ingredients:
1).square piece of aluminum foil
2).toothpick
3).rubber band
4).the down stem(duh)

making:
Take the square piece of aluminum foil(1), and poke many many many many holes with the toothpick(2), put on the down stem(4) (you know how it should look), and make sure it stays there by using the rubber band!

that's it... it will fit any hookah and it will be great, still think you better get the real deal? if yes, WHY?!!
Old May 30th, 2009, 09:57 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Romman is washed. Asked the reps a while ago. Also the buzz is minuscule compared to Nakhla, Tangiers or anything else with unwashed tobacco.

Don't be afraid to mix. Once you get the heat management down it's second nature. Don't let people scare you off mixing brands. I do it all the time. I mix AF and fusion with Tangiers, which is considered the most fickle of all shisha tobacco, and I have no issues. The differences in heat needed from brand to brand is negligable for the most part.

So yes, I do suggest mixing with a washed brand. HH and HF are two of my favorites. But really I suggest just starting with a washed brand and moving up from there. If nakhla is still too much after smoking less nicotine laden brands then mix it 75/25 other brand to nakhla and move the ratio slowly toward 100% nakhla.
Old June 2nd, 2009, 04:48 AM
Hoplite79
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Hoplite79

Yes, I would start out with brands like HH or HF. The first time I smoked Nakhla it nearly blew my head off, it was Nakhla Banana. Was really good, but man I had a head ache from hell after.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook