Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

If you received a free Hookah Hookah sample for review in the past contest?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 28th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Default If you received a free Hookah Hookah sample for review in the past contest?

So it has come to my attention that some Members have received free Hookah Hookah samples for the latest contest and have NOT done a video review as promised!?

If you received a free Hookah Hookah sample for review in the past contest and didn't hold up your end of the "deal" ... you will eventually be REMOVED from this community. We have no patience for cheats and thieves ... sorry to be so harsh but it pisses us off when a great company like Sahara Smoke offers to sponsor such an awesome contest and a few Members take advantage of their generosity for free tobacco that was only free to those willing to take the time to make a video review.

Nobody is getting removed yet .. I am going to offer a grace period for you to honor your word! So get cracking on those videos please .. thank you!

AND THANKS to all of those Members that participated in making videos for everyone here at Hookah Pro! They are great to watch, and very informative! Hope to see lots more great videos from all the great Members here!

Cheers!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old April 28th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Trivial
Banned

Default Re: If you received a free Hookah Hookah sample for review in the past cont

The Contest isn't even over yet
Old April 28th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Pixelz
Hookah Pro

Default Re: If you received a free Hookah Hookah sample for review in the past cont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
The Contest isn't even over yet
lets hope they get crackin then eh?
Old April 28th, 2009, 10:47 AM
cherno83
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to cherno83

I have a situation which I sent Sahara Smoke Company a pm to let them know. I was able to make a video review but then I had to stop hookahing in my house and couldn't make a review. So don't remove me by accident =]
Old April 28th, 2009, 11:09 AM
hookahplayer21
Hookah Nut

Same here video's are coming tomorrow. Life's been really hectic the last month due to finding out my grandpa has lung cancer, and general sickness in the family. No worries though I will hold up my end of the deal.
Old April 28th, 2009, 11:28 AM
medicare
Hookah Nut

Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas for school. Little Rock, Arkansas during the summer time

I'm sorry as well I have finals this week and next week and have been super busy, plus relapsing on bronchitis probably wouldn't be great for smoking. I have about 7 to do and I feel horrible for putting it off. By Saturday I promise, I have two exams tomorrow then I'll do the reviews wednesday night or thursday afternoon.
Old April 28th, 2009, 12:12 PM
chrisicool
Hookah Pro

I know I haven't put all my videos up because I've been busy, but come on guys. make an effort, you made a promise. It's not hard, smoke, tell them what you think, upload it onto youtube. Easy!

Last edited by chrisicool; April 28th, 2009 at 12:24 PM.
Old April 28th, 2009, 01:23 PM
wonderland
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to wonderland

fheeewww...i did mine. i only ever asked for one sample... but i did my review and then set up an account with them so the free sample worked lol i carry some of their products now lol.
Old April 28th, 2009, 01:41 PM
PCServe
Hookah Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to PCServe Send a message via MSN to PCServe Send a message via Skype™ to PCServe

thats not fair for Jonathan and his crew ... they must have spent so much money on this contest and some ppl here just exploit their generousness.
i have to do some more reviews on the newest HH and HHF I got, but i stopped smoking for some weeks (maybe you noticed, im not that active at the moment - just wanted to have a short break since i was smoking very much the past months). but when im back, there will be the other reviews like promised.
Old April 28th, 2009, 02:13 PM
HookahFlecks
Hookah Nut

I actually, just this week asked SSC to send me a box to review, sadly this will probably be the one and only box that I will get to review, but, oh well. Plus, not to toot my own horn ( TOOT....TOOT ) I have made a couple of video reviews of Hookah-Hookah shisha that I purchased my self...I hope that is okay too.

--Eric--
Old April 28th, 2009, 02:15 PM
HookahFlecks
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisicool View Post
I know I haven't put all my videos up because I've been busy, but come on guys. make an effort, you made a promise. It's not hard, smoke, tell them what you think, upload it onto youtube. Easy!
I might add, chirsicool, you do not do this, but to add to your advice, keep the reviews under 5 min please...I mean no one wants to hear someone go on for hours about blahdee, blah, blah

--Eric--
Old April 28th, 2009, 02:23 PM
chrisicool
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahFlecks View Post
I might add, chirsicool, you do not do this, but to add to your advice, keep the reviews under 5 min please...I mean no one wants to hear someone go on for hours about blahdee, blah, blah

--Eric--

What?
Old April 28th, 2009, 02:25 PM
cherno83
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to cherno83

Quote:

--Eric--
I like the longer reviews. They're really interesting =]
If anything just skip through parts you don't like
Old April 28th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
What?
I believe he was saying "you are not one to make super long reviews, so he is not singling you out" but wanted to add some extra advise and asks for people to keep the vid reviews short. Although everybody is different! I have some that are 2 minutes and some that are much longer! Just depends on how in depth I got with a particular flavor.

Cheers!

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old April 28th, 2009, 02:32 PM
chrisicool
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
I believe he was saying "you are not one to make super long reviews, so he is not singling you out" but wanted to add some extra advise and asks for people to keep the vid reviews short. Although everybody is different! I have some that are 2 minutes and some that are much longer! Just depends on how in depth I got with a particular flavor.

Cheers!
I wholeheartedly agree, sometimes it takes a little bit of extra time to fully elaborate what you are doing, how you feel, etc.. Pixelz has a two part cleaning your hookah video that extends way passed 5 minutes. It's just the kind of video it is. Either way, people just need to do their best and if you say you're going to do something, do it.
Old April 28th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCServe View Post
thats not fair for Jonathan and his crew ... they must have spent so much money on this contest and some ppl here just exploit their generousness.
Exactly! It is embarrassing that some Members would take advantage of their generosity! That is why we will be removing them if they don't own up!

Quote:
people just need to do their best and if you say you're going to do something, do it.
Exactly! You all should be pissed too! Because these slackers and moochers are ruining for you in any incredibly cool future contests like this! I mean seriously!? Think about how awesome this contest was!!!

Step it up guys and gals that have yet to make videos for the samples they received .. much appreciated! I know sometimes ya get busy, believe me I know! I have been incredibly bad with making videos lately, but I am starting to make them again! It is what makes this community so great, the sharing of personal opinions, real opinions!

Cheers!

Old April 28th, 2009, 02:51 PM
HookahFlecks
Hookah Nut

Quote:
I wholeheartedly agree, sometimes it takes a little bit of extra time to fully elaborate what you are doing, how you feel, etc.. Pixelz has a two part cleaning your hookah video that extends way passed 5 minutes. It's just the kind of video it is. Either way, people just need to do their best and if you say you're going to do something, do it.
Ya, I didn't mean to sound like a douche bag to either you or Sambooka. What I meant was, if you stay interesting, then over 5 min is okay...there is no time limit, but if I am going to watch someone for over 5 min, then I want it to be a good use of my time....you, pixelz and Sambooka are not in that " boring " category...not by a long shot...sorry for the mix up.

--Eric--
Old April 28th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Pixelz
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Exactly! It is embarrassing that some Members would take advantage of their generosity! That is why we will be removing them if they don't own up!

Exactly! You all should be pissed too! Because these slackers and moochers are ruining for you in any incredibly cool future contests like this! I mean seriously!? Think about how awesome this contest was!!!

Step it up guys and gals that have yet to make videos for the samples they received .. much appreciated! I know sometimes ya get busy, believe me I know! I have been incredibly bad with making videos lately, but I am starting to make them again! It is what makes this community so great, the sharing of personal opinions, real opinions!

Cheers!

you know Sam, I actually brought this up to the Mods about 3 weeks ago, and they said they would handle it with Sahara smoke, so i'm really glad to see this post.
Old April 28th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Pixelz
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Ya, I didn't mean to sound like a douche bag to either you or Sambooka. What I meant was, if you stay interesting, then over 5 min is okay...there is no time limit, but if I am going to watch someone for over 5 min, then I want it to be a good use of my time....you, pixelz and Sambooka are not in that " boring " category...not by a long shot...sorry for the mix up.

--Eric--

lol the longer ones are when chris does something sparatic and random, OH GOD LOOK HOOKAHS ON TVS! IM GONNA GO SYKO ABOUT IT NOW AHHHH!
I'm not just gonna go, up tastes like vanilla, 7/10 peace all. hahahaha
I love making videos with chris, he does the most random stuff.
Old April 28th, 2009, 02:55 PM
HookahFlecks
Hookah Nut

Quote:
If you received a free Hookah Hookah sample for review in the past contest and didn't hold up your end of the "deal" ... you will eventually be REMOVED from this community. We have no patience for cheats and thieves ... sorry to be so harsh but it pisses us off when a great company like Sahara Smoke offers to sponsor such an awesome contest and a few Members take advantage of their generosity for free tobacco that was only free to those willing to take the time to make a video review.
Finally a forum that has the bawls to stand up and protect the interests of those that help us out...go get em' Sambooka...
Old April 28th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Trivial
Banned

I dont understand... the contest isn't over.. and some of us just got a package this weekend.....

seems like a little bit of an actor observer effect up in here

Last edited by Trivial; April 28th, 2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old April 28th, 2009, 02:56 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

I have to admit as well i havent made a video in some time maybe a month or so, but i did most of the 20+ samples sent before that as quick as i could.

But i have been ill and then have had to revise for exams so havent had the time to make or edit them, but i will have them all done as soon as my exams are over, i think i got another 4 or 5 to do which i havent even smoked yet, but they will be done once i get a bit more free
Old April 28th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Trivial, this is not aimed at you, I am sure you will honor the agreement

Pixelz and Chris .. LOVE the vids!

patelbadboy hope you feel better, I enjoy your videos very much, look forward to seeing some more when you feel better .. you are one of our international video makers

This post is targeted to those Members that REQUESTED samples and have not held up their end of the deal. They have done 0 videos!

Again, this is not targeted at anybody that has participated in this contest! If you have done vids, with some of the samples you have received .. GREAT! and we all thank you for that .. sincerely!

Old April 28th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser

I never submitted for a sample but if I did It would be with the understanding that they were free for a reason.

Things happen and some people will have legit excuses but to do this purposely is not too different from people ripping others off in trade.
Old April 28th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Yeah that is just it .. this is a very friendly community .. people will bend over backwards to help you out here! I think we got some that slipped through the cracks in an effort to score some free shyt! They may feel like it is no big deal if they get "removed" from this community (they probably don't give a shyt) .. but we are going to do it anyhow strictly out of principle and because we give a shyt! They can go get their information from another site .. find by us! We don't want people like that here .. again, sorry to sound so harsh .. it is just appalling that some people pulled this shyt!

Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook