Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

If you received a free Hookah Hookah sample for review in the past contest?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 28th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser
Default Re: If you received a free Hookah Hookah sample for review in the past cont

I totally agree.

If anything similar happened on the forum I mod on we would take the same action. We had one instance where we actually used his IP address to report him to his ISP for service abuse, contacted his employer (he worked for a FD) and the victim who had about $2,000 worth of car parts technically stolen was going to get the police involved when the guy finally broke down and sent the money. The power of community is nothing to scoff at.
Old April 28th, 2009, 03:57 PM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Re: If you received a free Hookah Hookah sample for review in the past cont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shienhausser View Post
I totally agree.

If anything similar happened on the forum I mod on we would take the same action. We had one instance where we actually used his IP address to report him to his ISP for service abuse, contacted his employer (he worked for a FD) and the victim who had about $2,000 worth of car parts technically stolen was going to get the police involved when the guy finally broke down and sent the money. The power of community is nothing to scoff at.
what's an FD?
Old April 28th, 2009, 04:25 PM
HookahFlecks
Hookah Nut

I am sorry to keep adding to this post but, it just pisses me off to no end. SSC, is the BOMB. I really am so pissed off that if I wrote what I thought of those " leeching " their generosity I would be banned...*LOL*

--Eric--
Old April 28th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Egyptian View Post
what's an FD?

Fire dept
Old April 28th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

(Sharpening broadsword) It's going to be sad to see people lose their heads, but if you agree to do something, you do it. SSC did their part, now you do yours. I understand life gets in the way sometimes, but taking advantage of a generous offer is just wrong.
Old April 28th, 2009, 04:45 PM
HookahFlecks
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
(Sharpening broadsword) It's going to be sad to see people lose their heads, but if you agree to do something, you do it. SSC did their part, now you do yours. I understand life gets in the way sometimes, but taking advantage of a generous offer is just wrong.
I want pictures if heads start rolling...
Old April 28th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Pixelz
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
(Sharpening broadsword)
Going on another quest eh Dunkel?
Old April 28th, 2009, 05:03 PM
FeliFeliWooo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to FeliFeliWooo

got my first package and it was opened....
i seriously think the fedex guy hates us or just decided to open my package
i messaged SSC and they sent out a replacement
never got it.
im planning on going to report it to fedex. this is kinda scary/wierd to have people going through my mail =/

P.S. i messaged them back saying i never got it and they told me not to worry about it since it wasnt my fault nor theirs =]
Old April 28th, 2009, 05:10 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

I ran out of things to review lol. I can happily say that I have completely exhausted my spring of free tobacco.

If I can do all the reviews I have then others should be able to hold up the most basic of promises. I have no sympathy for those who get themselves banned for this reason.
Old April 28th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Pixelz
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeliFeliWooo View Post
got my first package and it was opened....
i seriously think the fedex guy hates us or just decided to open my package
i messaged SSC and they sent out a replacement
never got it.
im planning on going to report it to fedex. this is kinda scary/wierd to have people going through my mail =/

P.S. i messaged them back saying i never got it and they told me not to worry about it since it wasnt my fault nor theirs =]
Shit happens, and SSC is always very prompt on solving any shipping issues even if they had nothing to due with it, and yes Fed Ex does Suck,
Old April 28th, 2009, 10:30 PM
faeriekitsune
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to faeriekitsune

I'm glad this isn't directed at people. I was so psyched to get my last box, but I just managed to get the last review done last night. Oh, if only I had an extra two or three days to do another box's worth! Eh... Oh well... *goes digging through her cardboard box with 2 kilos of 50g tubs*
Old April 28th, 2009, 11:30 PM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

i still got like 2 sample to review
Old April 28th, 2009, 11:51 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrunner89 View Post
i still got like 2 sample to review
As was stated there will be a grace period so those that actually intend to do the reviews will be able to and also defend themselves. It's the people that had no intention of giving back in any way that will get permabanned.
Old April 29th, 2009, 12:09 AM
FeliFeliWooo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to FeliFeliWooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelz View Post
Shit happens, and SSC is always very prompt on solving any shipping issues even if they had nothing to due with it, and yes Fed Ex does Suck,
yeah i told them i was going to have to sort it out
its still kinda wierd cuz my brother ordered a new phone battery and never got it... =/
Old April 29th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

There is definitely a grace period Jay and faeriekitsune .. this is really only pertinent to those that got samples and have done NOTHING!

You both produce some great videos! I enjoy watching!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old April 29th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Fezzik Send a message via Yahoo to Fezzik

I believe I have done a text review on them. The one with the camera backed out on my so I have to try to find another way to do the videos. Basically she said so the reward for doing the videos is you get more of this no thanks. SO I guess you know her take on it. Basically I will see about cranking one or two out but don't really want any more samples though I was really excited about getting up to the vortex but I don't guess I will. Also I won't be smoking in my video more than likely cause I can't smoke anywhere that I can set up a camera. Wow gotta love logistics.
Old April 29th, 2009, 01:40 PM
faeriekitsune
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzik View Post
I believe I have done a text review on them. The one with the camera backed out on my so I have to try to find another way to do the videos. Basically she said so the reward for doing the videos is you get more of this no thanks. SO I guess you know her take on it. Basically I will see about cranking one or two out but don't really want any more samples though I was really excited about getting up to the vortex but I don't guess I will. Also I won't be smoking in my video more than likely cause I can't smoke anywhere that I can set up a camera. Wow gotta love logistics.

Fezzik, I can't set up a camera where I smoke either as I'm not allowed to smoke indoors. The way I've found is to use my webcam and put my laptop in my lap to record. Or I borrow a digital camera from someone else, and upload it as soon as I'm done. Hope it all works out for ya!
Old April 29th, 2009, 02:05 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Watch my reviews. I almost never record the video during the session. I want to review the entire session not just the beginning and middle so I record the smoke and then take the time to sit down and think about everything I experienced before actually making the review.
Old April 29th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
Watch my reviews. I almost never record the video during the session. I want to review the entire session not just the beginning and middle so I record the smoke and then take the time to sit down and think about everything I experienced before actually making the review.
Smart! I do that sometimes too ..

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old April 29th, 2009, 02:23 PM
faeriekitsune
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
Smart! I do that sometimes too ..

I normally wait until after the second set of coals is burning really nice, especially if it's a flavor I've had before. If I haven't, I normally wait until right before it dies when it still has the thick smoke, but it's getting ready to keel over.
Old April 29th, 2009, 02:44 PM
SIAGCORE
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to SIAGCORE Send a message via Skype™ to SIAGCORE

[FONT=Verdana]Though I am at work I thought I chime in too. Well I did my 5 boxes from SSC and allot of the stuff on my shelf; even got like 7 more to edit from my stash should be up latter tonight. I like to do at least 1 if not more then one session before I do a review, however there are times when the alpha session is so how do we say unbearable that it requires filming then, I thinking BL DA. I think this is the best way to give a flavor a full shack down, was I lazy and not managing my heat right, did I pack it no quite right, etc. these can not be found in quick set up and film. As for the long run video's it a hard call between getting the info out and just dead space. I even have seen some that were way to short, and that is even worse then to long. Hopeful I at least have stayed out the boring category though. Anyways "thanks" to all those that are on the right path, to the rest of you "come on really"[/FONT]
Old April 29th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIAGCORE View Post
[FONT=Verdana]Anyways "thanks" to all those that are on the right path, to the rest of you "come on really"[/FONT]
Well put! .. It is a shame that those that put their hand out for these free samples are not honoring their word. *shakes head in disbelief that we are even having this issue here*

We will tweak future contests to not be so giving. You can thank those people that didn't hold up their end of the bargain on this! Thank them now, because they most likely will not be around in a few weeks. *sad to say and do*

Old April 29th, 2009, 03:00 PM
faeriekitsune
Hookah Pro

How will they be tweaked? Like delaying the process time, requiring real names or anything like that?

I thought it was awesome that Sahara Smoke sponsored this. When I was trying to find a hookah forum to join, I saw this contest. I thought it was such a cool thing that I joined here. I figured "if vendors like this place enough to sponsor something like this, the people must be pretty fricking cool!"

It makes me sad that people took advantage...
Old April 29th, 2009, 03:11 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

man, i got my box in 2 weeks ago and my buddy has my camera because he has a project for school. tomorrow's the last day of april and i still need to shoot, smoke, edit, and host 8 videos.

gahhh i hope i don't get banned. i really love this community, i've learned so much form here!

i promise i'll get them done, but it might be a week before i get them online.
Old April 29th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Matt-641
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIAGCORE View Post
[FONT=Verdana] Hopeful I at least have stayed out the boring category though. Anyways "thanks" to all those that are on the right path, to the rest of you "come on really"[/FONT]
Your videos are definately not boring Siagcore.

It's too bad people do take advantage of a company that is being generous enouph to give things away. Hopefully any future contests won't have troubles like this.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook