Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

If you received a free Hookah Hookah sample for review in the past contest?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 29th, 2009, 03:34 PM
AbusiveNapkin
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to AbusiveNapkin
Default Re: If you received a free Hookah Hookah sample for review in the past cont

This was a good idea.
Old April 29th, 2009, 09:29 PM
h0lic
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to h0lic Send a message via Yahoo to h0lic
Default Re: If you received a free Hookah Hookah sample for review in the past cont

Wow you didn't have to make a whole thread about me Sam... an IM would've done it, geez. :P

Eh seriously though, before the contest started there were less people trafficking these forums, the majority being nice and honest. Since the contest launch we have gained a great deal of the same type of nice and honest members, but when you release video content on the scale we have and mention the word free there were bound to be some dishonest people joining for the sole purpose to take the hookah tobacco and run. Personally I would've liked to see all the members "accidently" ghosting ancient threads banned if only to prevent them from screwing over Jonathan and SSC in the future. Problem with that is it doesn't promote a very friendly accepting community. I really appreciate SSC helping to launch us further into the internets. I enjoy this community the most and there will be more videos to come after the contest is over. As for the ones who requested samples from Jonathan from SSC (or Mahir from Nazarhookah for that matter) and have yet to post anything in the form of video- the world is full of scammers, and a lot of them hang out on the internet. Trust me, I'm sure they saw they ban coming before the sent the sample request. Maybe some of them will decide they like it here and post a few reviews to escape Dunkel's quest for heads. Probably not. Sorry people like this help hold a community back from future opportunities as generous as SSC's contest.
Old April 29th, 2009, 09:39 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0lic View Post
Wow you didn't have to make a whole thread about me Sam... an IM would've done it, geez. :P

Eh seriously though, before the contest started there were less people trafficking these forums, the majority being nice and honest. Since the contest launch we have gained a great deal of the same type of nice and honest members, but when you release video content on the scale we have and mention the word free there were bound to be some dishonest people joining for the sole purpose to take the hookah tobacco and run. Personally I would've liked to see all the members "accidently" ghosting ancient threads banned if only to prevent them from screwing over Jonathan and SSC in the future. Problem with that is it doesn't promote a very friendly accepting community. I really appreciate SSC helping to launch us further into the internets. I enjoy this community the most and there will be more videos to come after the contest is over. As for the ones who requested samples from Jonathan from SSC (or Mahir from Nazarhookah for that matter) and have yet to post anything in the form of video- the world is full of scammers, and a lot of them hang out on the internet. Trust me, I'm sure they saw they ban coming before the sent the sample request. Maybe some of them will decide they like it here and post a few reviews to escape Dunkel's quest for heads. Probably not. Sorry people like this help hold a community back from future opportunities as generous as SSC's contest.
Just to be clear, I agree w/the jist of your post. However we can't simply ban members for revisiting old threads. The reason we have such an archive is so members new and old can use them as they see fit whether it be for refference or simply to comment. The date on a thread doesn't necessarily diminish its relevance. Our archive is one of the largest and wide ranging on the web and we encourage members to use it as they see fit. Now that's not to say there hasn't been some hanky panky regarding necros. And when it is blattant, it is dealt with. But all in all it hasn't been too serious a problem imo.
Old April 29th, 2009, 09:59 PM
h0lic
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to h0lic Send a message via Yahoo to h0lic

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
Just to be clear, I agree w/the jist of your post. However we can't simply ban members for revisiting old threads. The reason we have such an archive is so members new and old can use them as they see fit whether it be for refference or simply to comment. The date on a thread doesn't necessarily diminish its relevance. Our archive is one of the largest and wide ranging on the web and we encourage members to use it as they see fit. Now that's not to say there hasn't been some hanky panky regarding necros. And when it is blattant, it is dealt with. But all in all it hasn't been too serious a problem imo.
I think it's a contributing factor, but I don't think it's a serious problem either. It's an annoyance that happened to come to my head :P

The archive we have is really a great resource. Just kind of bothersome to see "insert necro here" on post number 3 making a comment on a finished trade from 2007 in the completed section saying "still for sale?" or "LoLz KM r kewl hAhA" and then a week later they are on post number 50 and vanish. You mods are doing a stand-up job. This was just me stating publicly I have it out for those guys!

Last edited by h0lic; April 29th, 2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old April 29th, 2009, 10:34 PM
LoQuik
Hookah Pro

I still have a couple videos to edit and post up. I promise I'll finish them in the next couple days soon as a finish a project for school.

Thanks HookahPro and SSC for hosting this contest. I tried flavors I otherwise would have never tried.
Old April 29th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Gift3d
Hookah Nut

AWW SHIT i just double checked to make sure my 2 reviews for the samples i got were there, and my spearmint review never uploaded to HP cause it got removed from youtube for having a copyrighted song in it ><

Crap, i didn't even notice until i double checked just now... they said if i upload another video with a copyrighted song in it my youtube account will be suspended lol. I'll redo the review tomorrow and get it up here. Man i don't want people to think i'm some sort of bad guy now, i really did the review but i'll do it again and have it up tomorrow.
Old April 29th, 2009, 10:55 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gift3d View Post
AWW SHIT i just double checked to make sure my 2 reviews for the samples i got were there, and my spearmint review never uploaded to HP cause it got removed from youtube for having a copyrighted song in it ><

Crap, i didn't even notice until i double checked just now... they said if i upload another video with a copyrighted song in it my youtube account will be suspended lol. I'll redo the review tomorrow and get it up here. Man i don't want people to think i'm some sort of bad guy now, i really did the review but i'll do it again and have it up tomorrow.
no need to panic folks! the hammers not falling anytime soon.
Old April 30th, 2009, 01:47 AM
hookah-happy
Hookah Nut

Oh, sorry. I forgot to upload that then I haven't been on here in a while so I completely forgot. I'll upload it tomorrow.
Old April 30th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Buddhizzle
Hookah Pro

Glad to see this - SSC did an awesome thing, were extremely helpful to me, and I don't want to see anyone trying to scam them.

That said, it will be a few weeks before I can review my final box, due to finals/moving home etc... But it will be done!

Thanks again SSC!
Old April 30th, 2009, 02:30 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Scamper in fear minions!
Old April 30th, 2009, 03:23 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gift3d View Post

I see what you mean they are loads of old threads that come along and people saying some random things thats not relevent to add to they post count

But the thing i dont understand is sharah smoke send out 1 flavour and if people dont do the review was it really worth the troble having 50 posts and staying active for a little bit for a 50 gram sampler, wouldn't it just have been better for them to do the reivew and in the next box get more flavours
Old April 30th, 2009, 05:25 PM
FeliFeliWooo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to FeliFeliWooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelbadboy2006 View Post
I see what you mean they are loads of old threads that come along and people saying some random things thats not relevent to add to they post count

But the thing i dont understand is sharah smoke send out 1 flavour and if people dont do the review was it really worth the troble having 50 posts and staying active for a little bit for a 50 gram sampler, wouldn't it just have been better for them to do the reivew and in the next box get more flavours
even if they joined just for the free stuff hookahpro is still getting more hits
more hits = more exposure
more exposure = more members
more members = hookah revolution aka taking over the world
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook