Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Indoor Hookah?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 14th, 2007, 05:26 PM
CarolinaJohn
Hookah Nut

Default Indoor Hookah?

OK....to date I have yet to fire up the hookah in the house. I have a screened in patio that I set up in for the nightly smoke. Trying to keep this NEW house free of the smell of smoke. When we used to smoke cigs in the house (old house), the smell of smoke could be detected by anyone who walked in, so when we bought the nrew house, we decided not to have that occur.

My question is this...does the hookah stink up the house like cigarette smoke or is it more like incense that goes away?

Anxious to hear....

Peace
Old October 14th, 2007, 05:40 PM
crashingsucks9
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Indoor Hookah?

i smoke in the house all the time hotels other peoples houses and it does not stink up the house like cigs do it smells like the flavor of shisha while you are smoking it and just a tad bit after but nothing like cigs and as long as you light the coals outside it wont smell up your house so ya more lik incense
Old October 15th, 2007, 12:01 AM
nofrendo
Hookah Nut

yeah I smoke in my apartment every day and the smell goes away completely after an hour or two. Light the coals too.
Old October 15th, 2007, 12:08 AM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Dude, you can go ahead and smoke ALL the hookah you want inside your house, and it will never smell...If anything it'll make the house smell good depending upon which flavor you're smoking... Whenever I smoke inside my house, about 10 to 15 minutes later, any smell of smoke or scent of hookah is completely gone... I've had people walk into my house literally like 15 minutes after I just finished smoking, and they've never picked up any scent of hookah or smoke... and if you're ever worried you can always spray some air freshner right after you're done... but smoking hookah inside your house will not leave a lingering smell like cigs so go inside and smoke away!
Old October 15th, 2007, 12:13 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

The hookah smoke dissipates very quickly. The most smoke is from the juices on the tobacco, not the tobacco itself. The tobacco has also been washed many times (if it's not Tangiers) and virtually has no tobacco smell when burned (hence the strong flavor of the juice).

But Tangiers is not washed, so the tobacco still has that slight tobacco taste, smell, and it tingles your throat at times. The smell and taste is always stronger with Tangiers, so it will linger in the air (even after dissipating) for quite a while (2 days in my garage which has no fabric furniture and has a cement floor).

I'm not sure about Nahkla, because it isn't very juicy, and also unwashed, but the flavor is not even half of Tangiers, so i'm guessing it won't stay too long because of the lack of juices.

Heavy fruit or non-fruit flavors also linger longer. These include Blackberry, Irish Cream, Pumpkin Pie, Hazelnut.. etc.

Oh yes, and cigs have other stuff added to the tobacco and it is also unwashed and very dry. So the smell will just stay on you, in your nose, in your mouth, on your carpet, your windows, your walls, your furniture...
Old October 15th, 2007, 02:20 AM
nofrendo
Hookah Nut

It is also noteworthy that more of the tobacco is being vaporized in a cig, and at a much higher temperature.
Old October 15th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I was afraid to smoke in the house too, but started to cuz I wanted to watch movies while smoking. Anyhow, it dissipates after a few hours or so. Sometimes I will be smoking and my Girlfriend will come home and say "Wow, it smells soooo good in here! What flavor is that!?" ... so depending on the flavor it will make your house smell really niiiccceee!

No worries on smoking in the house, just be carefulw ith the coals! (knock on wood)

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old October 15th, 2007, 02:39 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

Like sam said. The coals will be your biggest problem inside. Be very careful when lighting them. My friend has a metal plate under his hookah so if a coal bounces off then it wont burn his carpet. I think I might have to take his idea because my carpet is looking like a battle zone!

As for the smell. My mother in law/ father in law didn't want me smoking in the house at first because they hate that stale smell of cigs. I showed them it wasn't like that at all. I smoke in the house all the time and they didn't care about the hookah. They think it makes the house smell great. The smoke dissapates to so fast, and is carried out by the ventilation. That is why hookah bars in florida are allowed to have have rigs inside w/ food.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook