Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

shisha

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 15th, 2007, 09:11 PM
genie13
Hookah Newbie

Default shisha

hey i just got my first hookah a couple days ago and im looking for advice. My bowl sometimes wont stay down on the hookah after one bowl because the grommet is to hot or something is there andything i can do about this just so it will stay on tight and not slide up

is it possible to mix and match flavors to make a kind of fruit punch thing or shisha recipes for mixing stuff too?
Old October 15th, 2007, 09:15 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten
Default Re: shisha

i think there are shisha mixing tips under the funhouse section. But you can mix any shisha. get creative with it

Sometimes the grommet will slide up due to expanding. you can use a napkin to help seal it (wrap around the grommet) and then place the bowl on top, so the paper will act as a thickner to the grommet

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old October 16th, 2007, 12:59 AM
crashingsucks9
Hookah Nut

or go and buy a bigger gromet or a slightly smaller on so it will go down farther its always good to have several gromets laying around
Old October 16th, 2007, 07:25 AM
CarolinaJohn
Hookah Nut

My funnel bowel fits very tight and no need for adaption. However, the bowel that came with the Hookah was loose and I employed the paper towel method. Cut a strip of paper towel about 1/2-1 inch wide and about enough length to wrap around the grommet twice. Wrap it around the bowel grommet and then slide the bowel down over the paper towel "spacer" if you will. Adjust the length of the paper towel accordingly to give yourself a tighter fit as needed. Works great.
Old October 16th, 2007, 08:32 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

i have 2 bowls that "pop" off. This is what I do:

Pack bowl, place on hookah.
Wet a single sheet of papertowel - wring out.
Wrap around the bottom of the bowl where the bowl meets the stem/grommet.
Then I wrap some alum foil around the papertowel, up around the bowl and down over the papertowel. It helps keep it stable and airtight.

Reason I put the papertowel on the outside rather under or replace the grommet: these 2 bowls still "pop" off - the necks are too narrow for the top of the stem section.
Old October 17th, 2007, 10:42 AM
nofrendo
Hookah Nut

You can try using a rubber grommet instead of a silicone one as I'm guessing you're using

If you're already using rubber, try roughing it up inside and out with some coarse grain sandpaper
Old October 17th, 2007, 10:45 AM
genie13
Hookah Newbie

right on thanks guys...ive been looking for some passion fruit shisha i think i found somewhere that sells it. Im starting hookah to get me away from smoking cigs but its hard because i cant smoke hookah whenever i want a cig but im trying. Ive been a freak about my hookah ever since i got it ive been looking up everything. Ive looked t using stuff other than water and trying to figure out how to mix flavors and what not...
Old October 17th, 2007, 12:18 PM
smoke-all-day
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaJohn
Wrap it around the bowel grommet and then slide the bowel down over the paper towel...
eww keep your bowels away from your hookah! nasty!
Old October 17th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genie13
right on thanks guys...ive been looking for some passion fruit shisha i think i found somewhere that sells it. Im starting hookah to get me away from smoking cigs but its hard because i cant smoke hookah whenever i want a cig but im trying. Ive been a freak about my hookah ever since i got it ive been looking up everything. Ive looked t using stuff other than water and trying to figure out how to mix flavors and what not...
If you read back in some threads, you will see that I quite smoking cigarettes too, and used the hookah as my crutch. I have been cigarette free for over a year and I don't feel the urge to smoke hookah like I did with cigarettes! Good luck to you! Keep us posted on your progress.

There are a lot of good ideas of mixing different base liquids and also mixing different flavors of tobacco. I am sure you will find a lot of information about that here.

Cheers!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old October 17th, 2007, 02:52 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke-all-day
Quote:
Wrap it around the bowel grommet and then slide the bowel down over the paper towel...

Took me a few reads to understand it... the curse of being dsylexic and unable to speel

sorry, couldn't help myself..... highjack over
Old October 17th, 2007, 10:21 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by genie13

Tangiers has a passion fruit. However, I've never tried it.
Old October 18th, 2007, 07:26 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

If you are going to try a passion fruit, HH makes one that smell delicious!! Yumm! I have a sample but haven't had a chance to smoke it yet.

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old October 18th, 2007, 09:31 PM
smoke-all-day
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammniamii
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke-all-day
Quote:

Took me a few reads to understand it... the curse of being dsylexic and unable to speel

sorry, couldn't help myself..... highjack over
lol

anyway since i ran my mouth i thought i would give some advice.. make sure you wipe the hell out of your grommet, inside part of the bottom of your bowl, and the part you put the grommet on first, the drier they are the better they stick to eachother. and if you set your grommet loosely on the stem and set the bowl on it and then push the bowl down sometimes that helps. because then the grommet expands to the bowl instead of the bowl sliding down the grommet. sorry i have no advice for passion fruit lol
Old October 19th, 2007, 09:11 PM
genie13
Hookah Newbie

cool thnks guy ive gotten it to work...however now i have another deal on my hands...ill pack my bowl and put the foil on and poke the wholes and everything but after we're done smoking ill take the foil off and only like half the bow is actually burned the other part is untouched??
Old October 19th, 2007, 09:57 PM
smoke-all-day
Hookah Pro

weird. how often do you move your coals around while you smoke? and im guessing you poke holes all over the foil?
Old October 19th, 2007, 10:01 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

is it that unusual to wrap your bowels around the hookah you love ?

Old October 19th, 2007, 10:02 PM
genie13
Hookah Newbie

how many holes should i poke I dont move it around that much
Old October 19th, 2007, 10:46 PM
smoke-all-day
Hookah Pro

lol i spose you can do whatever you like to your hookah, but using it for a colon scope to express your love for it is probably pretty unheard of.

try different stuff, i personally poke a ton of tiny holes with a safety pin, other people use 20-30 scattered holes with toothpicks, or the stick thing on some tongs. its all about what works for you. you want to move your coals around so that the bowl burns evenly and not just one spot. i usually move it to one of four sides of the bowl quite frequently when i first start the bowl just to get everything heated evenly, then about every 10-15 minutes i move it to the other quarter of the bowl
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook