Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Problems Smoking Al Fakher

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 4th, 2009, 11:41 PM
juju312
Hookah Newbie

Default Problems Smoking Al Fakher

I bought a couple of 50g packs of Al Fakher just to try a few flavors and see if I liked any. I have smoked this stuff about four different times and have had trouble getting it to smoke right. Al Fakher seems to be very heat sensitive, the first time I tried it out I packed it just below the rim of my generic ceramic bowl that I use most of the time and threw two coals on and burned it. The second time I tried using less coal, but then couldn't get as much smoke. Also I tried out the small tangeirs phunnels bowl I bought and still couldn't seem to get things right. I don't know how I keep screwing this up, but for some reason I've only had this problem with Al Fakher (which really is painful considering how amazing their strawberry smells lol). If anyone has had similar problems like this or could give any helpful tips or tricks I would really appreciate it.
Old May 4th, 2009, 11:46 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Default Re: Problems Smoking Al Fakher

The problem is that al fakher fails. Do not blame yourself for it's shittiness.

As I abandoned this brand long ago, I am unable to help with your recent troubles...maybe some loyal AF smokers will be able to chime in though.
Old May 4th, 2009, 11:51 PM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Brad hit the nail on the head. They seriously need to reconsider their manufacturing process. That said, it's not all bad, but you might have gotten some bad flavors (which are too common with AF.)

Bad flavors can be bad batches or just badness in general. I bought some cola and I didn't realize you guys joking about ketchup were being LITERAL. :I
Old May 5th, 2009, 01:03 AM
FeliFeliWooo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to FeliFeliWooo

no offense to brad and bob but he said he burnt it
burning doesn't mean the flavor was bad
Old May 5th, 2009, 01:10 AM
FeliFeliWooo
Hookah Pro

this is starbuzz but its the same idea
props to pedalbadboy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeA8qdFDUsk
Old May 5th, 2009, 01:23 AM
reality-
Banned

obviously Al fakher is too complicated to some people.. To claim that IT has failed is to confess THEY have FAILED:..

No offense guys but come on.. stop harrasing Af all the time.. YES they had some trouble with a few batches of grape ( note: not all batches and just a few flavours) but it doesnt mean that the whole brand is wrong and this and that..
Maybe it was better before but it is still GOOD if you CAN smoke it.. so if you CANNOT smoke it then please just say this instead of saying the brand is bad.. cus its not...

Af is very special ... What I would do is:
pack it into the small phunnel bowl.. but it about to the rim and then just pack it alittle tighter with your fingers. press it down so it gets alittle bit more packed..
I dont know what coals you are using but if they are like coconara or ************* and maybe try 3 of them.. and this time .. when you start feeling the "burnt" or "tickeling throat" that some ppl feel.. thats when you need MORE heat..

Many ppl confuse this AF burnt with too mucjh heat and they take off heat which is often totally wrong.. this is when you need more heat ! either anotjher coal, or put the coals that you have on the edges, towards the middle a bit more. or put on windcover..
wait for alittle while.. and you will notice difference!
Old May 5th, 2009, 02:05 AM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven

Svenska for the world! Haha...I'm with Nima on this one. No matter if Al Fakher has been sucking it up or not, this is a preparation error. I too have burned Al Fakher at times, but patience is the key my friend. Pack the bowl loosely like how you normally do. Poke small holes and space them evenly, not too close. Throw two coals on there and keep an eye on it bro. Purge it every now and then and if quite a bit of smoke is coming from the top of the bowl, things aren't going well. Just be patient, that's the key with everything. Just take your time and be patient and you'll get it right man. Salaam

- Mohamed
Old May 5th, 2009, 02:46 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by reality- View Post
obviously Al fakher is too complicated to some people.. To claim that IT has failed is to confess THEY have FAILED:..

No offense guys but come on.. stop harrasing Af all the time.. YES they had some trouble with a few batches of grape ( note: not all batches and just a few flavours) but it doesnt mean that the whole brand is wrong and this and that..
Maybe it was better before but it is still GOOD if you CAN smoke it.. so if you CANNOT smoke it then please just say this instead of saying the brand is bad.. cus its not...

Af is very special ... What I would do is:
pack it into the small phunnel bowl.. but it about to the rim and then just pack it alittle tighter with your fingers. press it down so it gets alittle bit more packed..
I dont know what coals you are using but if they are like coconara or ************* and maybe try 3 of them.. and this time .. when you start feeling the "burnt" or "tickeling throat" that some ppl feel.. thats when you need MORE heat..

Many ppl confuse this AF burnt with too mucjh heat and they take off heat which is often totally wrong.. this is when you need more heat ! either anotjher coal, or put the coals that you have on the edges, towards the middle a bit more. or put on windcover..
wait for alittle while.. and you will notice difference!
If it works your a genius, i never thought of that, and the way i pack starbuzz dont work for AF so i dont c a point in trying

Reality is it possible you could make a video of how you manage your heat for AF and help a ton of ppl out
Old May 5th, 2009, 02:46 AM
Hoohoodillyo
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarBeyondDriven View Post
Svenska for the world! Haha...I'm with Nima on this one. No matter if Al Fakher has been sucking it up or not, this is a preparation error. I too have burned Al Fakher at times, but patience is the key my friend. Pack the bowl loosely like how you normally do. Poke small holes and space them evenly, not too close. Throw two coals on there and keep an eye on it bro. Purge it every now and then and if quite a bit of smoke is coming from the top of the bowl, things aren't going well. Just be patient, that's the key with everything. Just take your time and be patient and you'll get it right man. Salaam

- Mohamed

On key my friend... pack AF very light like sprinkling it in the bowl very loose, with two coals at most. Don't touch the tobacco with the foil or it will burn. I move my coals in a star type rotation to keep the tobacco from getting too hot about once every 8-15 min. Once the smoke starts getting thin, light another coal and continue the rotation... I've had many 2+ hour sessions for 3-4 people smoking with one bowl pack and 4-5 coals total, starting with two at first then lighting one more each time the coals just start to die down. Purging is key with AF as well, about once every 25-30 hits throw a full purge in it. I also found that the vortex/phunnel is amazing with AF as traditional bowls are a bit harder to maintain a good smoke. Good luck and keep experimenting as you will NEVER know what you like unless YOU try it.
Old May 5th, 2009, 02:51 AM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoohoodillyo View Post
On key my friend... pack AF very light like sprinkling it in the bowl very loose, with two coals at most. Don't touch the tobacco with the foil or it will burn. I move my coals in a star type rotation to keep the tobacco from getting too hot about once every 8-15 min. Once the smoke starts getting thin, light another coal and continue the rotation... I've had many 2+ hour sessions for 3-4 people smoking with one bowl pack and 4-5 coals total, starting with two at first then lighting one more each time the coals just start to die down. Purging is key with AF as well, about once every 25-30 hits throw a full purge in it. I also found that the vortex/phunnel is amazing with AF as traditional bowls are a bit harder to maintain a good smoke. Good luck and keep experimenting as you will NEVER know what you like unless YOU try it.
This guy is legend...

Do what he said and if all else fails, then it is Al Fakher's fault
Old May 5th, 2009, 02:53 AM
Hoohoodillyo
Hookah Nut

Quote:
This guy is legend...

Do what he said and if all else fails, do it again
Fix't :-)
Old May 5th, 2009, 02:54 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
This guy is legend...

Do what he said and if all else fails, then it is Al Fakher's fault
Tried it, it dont work for me,
Old May 5th, 2009, 03:03 AM
reality-
Banned

First of all.. Mohamed my brohter.. whatsup.. long time no seen Hope ur alright and log on to msn some times so we can talk..

second.. Patelbadboy .. Whasup..
Im awaiting some new orders on hookah and some new bowls and stuff.. It will be here anyday now.. After I've gotten it I have a exam in school but when its done I will defenitly try to make a vid of how I pack AF and smoke it.. Just cause you asked so nice

So keep rocking everyone!
Old May 5th, 2009, 03:24 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

I wasn't trying to insult AF too harshly! I was just assuming you got a bad flavor or a bad batch. Most AF I have tried has turned out to be wonderful... But cola? Stay away from the cola. It has zero redeeming qualities. (It even smells like ketchup!)
Old May 5th, 2009, 11:51 AM
cockerham3
Hookah Nut

dude... even if you don't have a vortex or phunnel. ab egyptian with a sheet of reynolds wrap and 2 Three King's.... works every time.
Old May 5th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Hoohoodillyo
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley View Post
But cola? Stay away from the cola. It has zero redeeming qualities. (It even smells like ketchup!)
Must have been a bad batch... I have cola outside that smells exactly like cola and even tastes fine. I am soo happy I haven't received a bad batch of any AF. I did however get a batch of grape that resembled a ketchup smell, I just let it acclimate for about 2 days and it was fine from there on out. It did give my garage a fun smell for those two days
Old May 5th, 2009, 03:22 PM
SmokeyMcHookah
Hookah Nut

I just ordered some Al Fakher mint, hope it isn't groce? or is it?
Old May 5th, 2009, 03:55 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by reality- View Post
First of all.. Mohamed my brohter.. whatsup.. long time no seen Hope ur alright and log on to msn some times so we can talk..

second.. Patelbadboy .. Whasup..
Im awaiting some new orders on hookah and some new bowls and stuff.. It will be here anyday now.. After I've gotten it I have a exam in school but when its done I will defenitly try to make a vid of how I pack AF and smoke it.. Just cause you asked so nice

So keep rocking everyone!
Thanks man loook forward to seeing it, and do it any time im in no rush i have exams as well and know exactly how you feel.

Good luck for them
Old May 5th, 2009, 06:27 PM
caasi
Hookah Newbie

it happened to me too.. tried a few al fakher flavors.. and it turned out tasting sandy... but that was when i was using 3 coals.. it turned out fine when 4 coals was on it.. guess it really just needs more heat
Old May 5th, 2009, 06:31 PM
FeliFeliWooo
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelbadboy2006 View Post
If it works your a genius, i never thought of that, and the way i pack starbuzz dont work for AF so i dont c a point in trying

Reality is it possible you could make a video of how you manage your heat for AF and help a ton of ppl out
i pack AF the way you pack starbuzz
works fine
Old May 5th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Zeggi
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Zeggi

Exactly as reality- says, thats the key with AF, tickle = add more heat please
done it on vortex/phunnel and even a standard bowl.

AF Mint really surprised me, Awesome Flavor

only bad batch ive gotten has been AF Cola = Ketchup :/ other than that ive like tried most of the flavors and havent had any issues.

MORE HEAT PEOPLE! YOU CAN DO IT!
Old May 5th, 2009, 10:50 PM
juju312
Hookah Newbie

hmm,well I defiantly wouldn't have guessed to add more heat. I'll experiment around with this method over the weekend and see what happens. I have finals all this week so a little hookah relaxation will be nice. Thanks for the info everyone.
Old May 5th, 2009, 11:11 PM
juju312
Hookah Newbie

Yeah, a vid would be good, youtube and hookahpro are pretty much my main source of info since I really don't personally know any people well versed in the ways of hookah here in PA lol.
Old May 6th, 2009, 03:08 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Mate u r a proper genius. i can smoke AF with no tickle

I packed it the way like starbuzz but a bit less and pat it down just a tad and had 4 CH naturals and it smokes like a champ
Old September 10th, 2009, 08:44 AM
stevo
Hookah Newbie

AF is a great tobacco...It's the only tobacco I smoke...With a little tender love and care, your bowl of AF will rock your world...Packing a bowl of AF is an art, and once you have perfected it, you will love it...good luck and keep on keeping on
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook