Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

New to this, is this alright?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 5th, 2009, 03:13 PM
nuffin
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to nuffin
Default New to this, is this alright?

So i just recently got my hookah, not the first time ive smoked out of one, and I was a little curious about the items I have for it.

So for the coals im using "Rolland Instant-Lite Charcoal." Is this a good type to be using? Should i use more then one at a time when I smoke? Is it better to light it on a shove then with a lighter?

Also is it bad to smoke out of your hookah more then a few times a day, if thats not too much already?

I'll post some pics of my hookah in a lil. Hoping to get some feedback on that too.
Old May 5th, 2009, 03:21 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Default Re: New to this, is this alright?

no its not bad to smoke more than once a day. and those coals you have got to get rid of them... if you want instant lights either go with CH Quick Lights or 3 kings. if you want nats get CH nats or coco naras or you could get exoticas.... get rid of the coals though. and for lighting QLs you should light them out doors because they let off fumes that arent that good for you lol
Old May 5th, 2009, 03:23 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

it's bad to smoke period....but that is the choice we make. madhatter is correct on the coal suggestions.

Old May 5th, 2009, 03:23 PM
lucas
Hookah Nut

hi nuffin
everyone usually starts out with instant lite charcoals (it does not really matter what you light them with), but my advice is to try and get hold of some natural coals maybe some ******* hookah charcoals or some coco-naras. because they last longer and do not have that horrible aftertaste of a instant lite.

also i usually only smoke about once a day , some people smoke 3 or 4 bowls
if i had te time i would smoke hookah all day

lucas
Old May 5th, 2009, 03:24 PM
nuffin
Hookah Newbie

ok whats the difference betweens the exotics or naturals? and the quick lights?
Old May 5th, 2009, 03:33 PM
SmokeyMcHookah
Hookah Nut

You can light quicklights fast but there are a lot of chemicals in the coal. My experience so far with quicklights are bad because the ones that i had where ashing much and it had a bad taste. Naturals such as Coco nara's or ******* hookah coals last longer and dont have chemicals but are harder to light. you need a stove to light them. Since i used naturals for the first time i never go back to quicklights.
Hope this helped you

Greetings,
SmokeyMcHookah
Old May 5th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Rolland QL's are the Devil's Dingleberries compressed.
Old May 5th, 2009, 04:35 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
lmao.
Old May 5th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Dakins
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
Old May 5th, 2009, 06:17 PM
caasi
Hookah Newbie

go with ******* hookah coals.. they are the best!!! if ure patient go w/ naturals... ch quick lites are also good.. either way go w/ ch coals period
Old May 5th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakins View Post
Ha ha Yep!
Old May 5th, 2009, 11:26 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

i have heard over ten stories on this forum about how those coals explode. i would not suggest them at all. i would suggest ******* hookah natural coals, and exotica natural coals, or if you're stuck on quick-lights; ******* hookah instant light, and 3 kings.
yes, it is better to light quicklights on a stove but a lighter is just as efficient.

it depends on your tobacco. usually, there is more than one coal on the bowl; but it all depends on the bowl, and the tobacco being smoked.

any kind of smoking is bad for you, especially when you use quick lights, but i usually smoke between 1-7 bowls a day, depending on my schedule and my mood.
Old May 5th, 2009, 11:37 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadtizzle View Post
i have heard over ten stories on this forum about how those coals explode. i would not suggest them at all. i would suggest ******* hookah natural coals, and exotica natural coals, or if you're stuck on quick-lights; ******* hookah instant light, and 3 kings.
yes, it is better to light quicklights on a stove but a lighter is just as efficient.

it depends on your tobacco. usually, there is more than one coal on the bowl; but it all depends on the bowl, and the tobacco being smoked.

any kind of smoking is bad for you, especially when you use quick lights, but i usually smoke between 1-7 bowls a day, depending on my schedule and my mood.
1-7 bowls a day thats alot. and i think smoking 4 bowls is alot. well 4 bowls is them most i will smoke in a day
Old May 5th, 2009, 11:44 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_HATTER View Post
1-7 bowls a day thats alot. and i think smoking 4 bowls is alot. well 4 bowls is them most i will smoke in a day
haha i usually don't smoke that much, probably twice a month. 1-2 bowls a day is about normal for me.
Old May 5th, 2009, 11:48 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadtizzle View Post
haha i usually don't smoke that much, probably twice a month. 1-2 bowls a day is about normal for me.
what? twice a month? i would relapse before the 3rd day hit lmao
Old May 6th, 2009, 04:38 AM
Gift3d
Hookah Nut

Quicklight coals can be lit easily just using a lighter, no stove needed, but make sure you blow on it or hold it in front of a fan so it's red all the way around before you put it on the foil to smoke. Gotta make sure all that black quicklighting stuff is burned away first. Rollands i've never tried, but if you're into the convenience of quicklights, Three Kings are great coals and also come in 33mm and 40mm sizes. And as for smoking more than once a day, smoking's definitely not healthy at all, that's all your choice to make at your own discretion on how many times you smoke a day/week. But, enjoy! :P
Old May 6th, 2009, 05:22 AM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven

Get yourself some Three Kings or ******* Hookah Instant Lights if you want instant lights. Those Rolland coals are HORRIBLE. I usually try to limit my hookah smoking to no more than 4 bowls a day, but that's just me. I know some people that smoke 6-10 bowls a day, so yeah LOL. You're alright bro, just get some better charcoal so you can enjoy hookah better. Salaam,

- Mohamed
Old May 6th, 2009, 07:39 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

hello, welcome

you can light quick likes with a lighter but when i would use them with friends we would still put them on a stove because it got them properly burning better with out having to blow on them for ever (you dont want any black left but the sparks usually dont get every where especially the bottom).

i would suggest getting different coals, i have heard nothing but bad about those, at least 3 kings or goldens for the quick light department since most stores at least sell those. if you want to order off line go with the ******* hookah coals, i havent used johns quicklights but the nats are good, not as good as coconaras directly side by side in my opinion but with the price difference the cocos are not worth it (johns just burn a touch faster and dont stay as hot when small but its minimal but they are better consistency on size). you will need a coil burner if you use nats but they are 10 bucks from walgreens and the best investment for a haookha smokers

as to how much to smoke, i used to smoke 3 bowls a day (in a row) but have cut back to 2 but its pretty consistent for me. hookah isnt good for you of course but its no where near as bad as most other things. i balance it out because i know if i dont smoke i will be more stressed and eat because i am bored/stressed so either way i know i will have something bad being done to my body so why not enjoy it

-matt
Old May 6th, 2009, 11:38 AM
cockerham3
Hookah Nut

Quick lights are easy. eventually you'll move on to natural coals. and its not really healthy to smoke in the first place... so i dont know what to tell ya there.
Old May 6th, 2009, 12:29 PM
nuffin
Hookah Newbie

thanks for the info everyone
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook