Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

OSS 117: Cairo, Den of Assassins

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 7th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default OSS 117: Cairo, Den of Assassins

I got to see the squeal to Cairo, Nest of Spies recently and it was really funny. The basic plot is that arrogant/racist/myscoginist James Bondesque French super spy OSS117 (played by Jean Dujardin ) returns to Cairo to save the monarchist/nationalist daughter of King Farouk ( played by Berencice Bejo ) from evil nazi kidnappers. Soon aftwards he becomes embroiled in a battle to put Farouk back on the throne and kick out Nasser.

Like the first film it's super farcical and the "hero" pisses off everyone with his boorishness but he doesn't mean to be an ass he's just is grossly insensitive by nature. Like in the first film he plays an Oud in some night club and his attempts at Arabic music are hilarious. They also have a couple of scenes where he smokes a narghile and talks about how great jurak and tombac are before he pisses off everyone and gets thrown out. He also has a fight scene where his gun jams and he he has to fight with a narghile. Naturally he throws coals, strangles someone with a hose and gets into a sword fight with a huge brass stem and he wins that fight in totally absurd way that had me laughing like crazy.

Naturally it ends with OSS 117 saving the day and predictions about the brilliant future awaiting France's empire in North Africa.

All in all it's a great squeal and amazingly funny.

Last edited by Hajo Flettner; May 8th, 2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old May 8th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Re: OSS 117: Cairo, Den of Assassins

You guys really have to see this flick. The fight scene with the tongs attached to the hose will cause gut busting laughter. Without a doubt the best narghile based combat ever filmed.
Old May 8th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Rizzer
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
Without a doubt the best narghile based combat ever filmed.
I can't imagine that to be all too common but I'm sold, sounds hilarious. Where can I watch this?

Edit: Is watching Nest of Spies also recommended?
Old May 8th, 2009, 02:27 PM
LoQuik
Hookah Pro

I never heard of this film. Sounds interesting, ill have to look for it.
Old May 8th, 2009, 03:22 PM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Is it in French or English? Does it have English subtitles at least?
Old May 8th, 2009, 03:24 PM
vegasvic
Hookah Nut

available for streaming on netflix
Old May 8th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Some info.

1) What they have on netflix is the first in the series OSS 177: Cairo, Nest of Spies which is a great film but the sequel is better.

2) The DVD for the first film comes in English, French and Arabic versions on the same disk.

3) The squeal is in theaters and is only in French (although I saw a version with English subtitles) and I have no idea when it will be on DVD.

4) They will be releasing another film in the series which takes place in Brazil which will be out soon.

5) In real life I have been told that Jean Dujardinis a huge narghile fan and he owns a smoking cafe. I have also been told that his favorite products are El Gondoul jurak, Moassel El Kif and Moassel Arous El Nile so it seems the man has great tastes.
Old May 8th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzer View Post
I can't imagine that to be all too common but I'm sold, sounds hilarious. Where can I watch this?

Edit: Is watching Nest of Spies also recommended?
The first film is pretty good but the squeal is better. Yeah, the fight scene with the narghile is an absolute riot with downstem/sword fight being the craziest part. The "Society of Elevated Poultry" makes a return in the squeal and it's even funnier the second time.

Of course if you want to enjoy these films it helps if you have an interest in Egyptian politics and appreciate French physical humor.
Old May 9th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Rizzer
Hookah Newbie

Uhm, Hajo... I can't find anything to do with this film on the internet, it's like it doesn't exist. No IMDB page, no Wiki, nothing from Google either. Any clues?
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook