Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Be kind, rewind!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 12th, 2009, 10:08 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger
Default Re: Be kind, rewind!

lol man i was just venting my frustration is all

thank you for referencing it though.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old May 13th, 2009, 01:41 AM
Hoohoodillyo
Hookah Nut

Yes PL that is one hell of an amazing post, major ups to you on taking the time on doing that!!!

My main focus here was to stop the negativity. I just hope this post made some kind of impression that lasts a long time to come on here. We will ALWAYS have newcomers asking multiples of questions we have answered a million times over and over. Hell I have even typed in as many of these "Hey I'm new here" posts as it's just about informing as many people as we can about this great tradition. I know I am repeating myself but don't post if you have no valid info.

Like this post in this exact topic has no reason to be in this topic whatsoever... this is actually the type of post that gets me fueled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadtizzle View Post
i don't think all chinese rigs suck. mya makes some quality shit. but other than that...all chinese rigs suck...
I mean how could someone possibly know that EVERY Chinese rig sucks? Have you tried them all? If you have, can I have some of that money you are spending on these thousands of rigs? Also, there wasn't even any credible reason to even put this in here... We weren't talking about bad hookahs, this is a discussion about how this type of attitude is bringing the forum down. Even then, you didn't say why Chinese rigs suck... they just suck? How? Why? (Please don't answer this, I'm just making a point)

Just try to be more respectful and HP will continue to grow to be the best and biggest forum out there related to hookah. With that said I don't want people to think that you shouldn't give you opinion about things, just describe why that is your opinion. The world as we know it wouldn't work if everyone thought the same and bought the same exact things. So just keep in mind everyone has different opinions.
Old May 13th, 2009, 01:53 AM
xin666
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to xin666

Maybe we should include PL's sticky in addition to the rules as posts members have to see after they sign up. *nodnod*
Old May 13th, 2009, 02:05 AM
PiNKL0VE
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to PiNKL0VE Send a message via Yahoo to PiNKL0VE

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
Man I spent forever typing up that damned sticky for people to not ask this question!
+1
photo your sticky is very informative and im taking all of what you said into consideration for my next purchase whenever that may be.

now i know i dont usually post constructive stuff usually. yes ive owned my cheap pos hookah for almost a year now but in some ways i feel like a hookah newbie next to some of ya'll. some awesome people who are apart of this community pointed me this way when i met them. sometime it feels like we are very very welcoming and other times we dont. i see why joe posted this. and even within this post i feel negativity. not what i like most days.

*sang very poorly*
WHY CANT WE BE FRIENDS

i think we need to hug everyone newbies oldies and inbetweenies at all times
Old May 13th, 2009, 02:36 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

I get your point about a lot of members becoming negative as the same thread has been post multiple times, i only stayed on this forum as when i asked a question no one was rude and everyone was helpful.

If we start being rude to new members all we will do is push them away to other forums
Old May 13th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Scrubmonkey
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Scrubmonkey Send a message via Yahoo to Scrubmonkey

The last thing we want to do is make people new to hookahs feel stupid about asking newb questions. Yes they may be newb to us but to the people just starting out they are legitimate questions and i'm sure instead of looking for the answers they want to hear it from the pros. If you constantly diss and put someone down, eventually you will drive them away from what they are attempting to do.....
Old May 13th, 2009, 03:36 PM
reality-
Banned

I think the memebr Gizmo has said very smart things about this topic.. if you didnt read it please go back to page 1 and read both his posts..
and Dunkel.. I soo agree with Dunkels posts and think its great that you posted what you did so members can relax in their postings..

I would never just bump into a forum and go the first thing to do post something without looking for maybe:
what is this forum about.. does it have any FAQ or guides for simple problems/solutions..? What other parts is there in this forum ( ohh man look at that.. a REVIEW section ).. oh wait a search button? nice.. and ohh look.. you can scroll many sides back in the forum to ssee well.. what are these guys tlaking about.. what is up ? this process doesnt have to take more then 10 minutes ? I mean I remember myself as a noob in here.. I came in with one type of quesctions in my mind.. and after reading just a few topics on the forum I realised my quesctions have changed to something else because I now understand more about the subject....

Like photolinger said.. He has been putting alot of effort in explaining some many things in a sticky and the same goes with alot of us members here.. I myself have many times explained very simple things in detail and put alot of energy and time in some threads..
of course u get a little pissed when just a week after there comes someone with his 1st post 2 mins after he signed up on the forum asking right away the same quesction 4 of us just answered/discussed,..
Do we have time and energy to explain again..? No probably not 4 times a month..

So yeah we should kindly smiling refer to another place on this forum where it has been discussed many times before, or link them to the SEARCH button..
But I can really understand how some rudeness can get involved with this explaining and you would all understand when you read Gizmos post on the first page about
respect and mutual respect !

Last edited by reality-; May 13th, 2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old May 15th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Hoohoodillyo
Hookah Nut

Thanks to everyone who took this post in and honestly I have seen an increase in good attitude. Thank you all a lot!
Old May 15th, 2009, 03:02 PM
reality-
Banned

Don't worry.. This will be forgotten in a week or two just like the other threads that has already discussed "what is phunnel bowl" for example =D
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook