Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Healthiest Hookah

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 12th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Healthiest Hookah

Well, unfortunately, most of my friends wont smoke hookah because they try to stray away from tobacco. I was thinking, i should make the ultimate healthy hookah setup so that they might want to try it out. So heres what i was thinking

Herbal Shisha - no cane sugar based ones
Filter - These are made to filter out nicotine, but it might catch some other things too in the smoke
http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...idproduct=1342
Diffuser - More water filtration
Taller hookah - Cooler smoke, which is less irritant to lungs
Ice in base - more cooling effect
Electronic Coal - session length is extended and no CO

I think that this setup would be something that the average non smoker would try, of course, you would have to explain everything to them

what do you guys think?
Old May 12th, 2009, 10:34 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger
Default Re: Healthiest Hookah

the height wont do much, the cold water will technically absorb certain gasses better but the particulates worse...

smoking is bad, tell them if they dont want to fine.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old May 12th, 2009, 10:34 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

ehhhhhhh i dont know about alll of that... i will use normal coals if you are going to use a tall hookah and flters and a diffuser. the electronic coal wont give off enough heat for it to smoke good
Old May 12th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Trivial
Banned

It all how you present it... ive gotten tons of straight edge people to try it back in high school..

Presentation is key

but that sounds pretty healthy to me
Old May 12th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Trivial
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_HATTER View Post
ehhhhhhh i dont know about alll of that... i will use normal coals if you are going to use a tall hookah and flters and a diffuser. the electronic coal wont give off enough heat for it to smoke good
have u used E coals?
Old May 12th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Ninorey123
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Ninorey123

ive seen bad reviews on the filters. the coal in them gets sucked too hard through the mouth piece in your mouth. mMMm carbon.
Old May 12th, 2009, 10:39 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Smoking is bad for you. Bottom line.
Old May 12th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Right now it sounds like im trying to pressure them into it, but I know that they want to try it, they are always talking about hookah and such, its just that most of them grew up in more structured families and most of their parents would flip if they knew they tried smoking.

Yea, chances are, the e coal wouldnt be hot enough, coconaras would do fine.
Old May 12th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Trivial
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldgr33ntea View Post
Right now it sounds like im trying to pressure them into it, but I know that they want to try it, they are always talking about hookah and such, its just that most of them grew up in more structured families and most of their parents would flip if they knew they tried smoking.

Yea, chances are, the e coal wouldnt be hot enough, coconaras would do fine.
2 e coals mght wrk.. but maybe u should wait till the trial people like me get ours in first
Old May 12th, 2009, 11:18 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

i don't think the herbal thing is a good idea.

from all the research i've done, i believe that herbal bagasse/sugarcane is worse than the way hookah tobacco is smoked.
Old May 12th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
Smoking is bad for you. Bottom line.
Yes.

If they dont want to fine, if they do great. You have to realize that there are people that no matter how many facts no matter how you talk to them, bad is bad to them and that is that. Just let it be or they will honestly get annoyed.
Old May 12th, 2009, 11:29 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

and if your gunna try to make them switch up the herbal to like starbuzz lmao so they wont get a buzz
Old May 12th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldgr33ntea View Post
Well, unfortunately, most of my friends wont smoke hookah because they try to stray away from tobacco. I was thinking, i should make the ultimate healthy hookah setup so that they might want to try it out. So heres what i was thinking

Herbal Shisha - no cane sugar based ones
Filter - These are made to filter out nicotine, but it might catch some other things too in the smoke
http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...idproduct=1342
Diffuser - More water filtration
Taller hookah - Cooler smoke, which is less irritant to lungs
Ice in base - more cooling effect
Electronic Coal - session length is extended and no CO

I think that this setup would be something that the average non smoker would try, of course, you would have to explain everything to them

what do you guys think?
1) Be honest and informed. Explain to them that the risk factors for tobacco use are wildly overstated and show them the links i've posted on the subject a few times. Explain how tobacco smoke from a narghile differs from cigarettes.
2) The term "herbal shisha" is bullshit so don't use it and don't mislead people by portraying it as somehow less less dangerous then tobacco when no evidence exists to support that idea.
3)It's true that taller narghiles have cooler smoke as well as less CO.
4) While ice will make the smoke cooler if it's too cold you'll kill the flavour so mind your setup. I don't know of any reason to believe that cold water is a better filter for anything.
5) Diffusers are a great idea since they do more effectively filter the smoke through the water but I don't think water will remove much in terms of carcinogens.
6) An electric coal will definitely radically reduce the CO but if you use good quality, fully lighted coals with a good sized narghile and you don't inhale CO isn't much of an issue anyway.
7) If you are concerned about the health aspects don't inhale and treat a narghile like a good cigar and you'll have a lot less to worry about.
8) Don't push our hobby on people that can't appricate the experience. Tobacco finds those that can recignize what it offers. Use it in moderation and you'l get more out of it.
Old May 13th, 2009, 12:44 AM
MichaelMassacre
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MichaelMassacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadtizzle View Post
i don't think the herbal thing is a good idea.

from all the research i've done, i believe that herbal bagasse/sugarcane is worse than the way hookah tobacco is smoked.

Chad has an amazing point. Not that tobacco was made to be smoked... but even less so than sugarcane haha.
Old May 13th, 2009, 12:54 AM
xin666
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to xin666

I was a non-believer once! Said I'd never smoke and that was that. Until I was hanging out with some of my friends at a lounge and had that first try...

That was the end of that.

I think instead of forcing them or trying to persuade them, get a bunch of friends together for a session at your house or lounge and let them see that it's really just a social thing to do. No lies to deceit, just friendly interaction. You catch more flies when you're not trying to...
Old May 13th, 2009, 08:33 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xin666 View Post
I was a non-believer once! Said I'd never smoke and that was that. Until I was hanging out with some of my friends at a lounge and had that first try...

I think instead of forcing them or trying to persuade them, get a bunch of friends together for a session at your house or lounge and let them see that it's really just a social thing to do. No lies to deceit, just friendly interaction. You catch more flies when you're not trying to...
Second.

I was a non smoker before I was 21. I was pretty anti tobacco. What eventually got me to try cigars was just my own curiosity and the advice of a friend. He did not sugar coat anything but said if i thought I might like it then try it once. The result of that is that I just got back from cigarfest 2009 and have three hookahs.

Hookah was the same way. Because I was a light cigar smoker i was interested in trying hookah. I only knew one guy that had a hookah and he did not treat it with the respect it deserved. There was a day that the clean hookah was packed with fresh tobacco and I decided to try it. Now look at me...

Last edited by kalutika; May 13th, 2009 at 09:20 AM.
Old May 13th, 2009, 09:39 AM
nibbz1441
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to nibbz1441

Quote:
Originally Posted by xin666 View Post

thats how most of my friends started smoking hookah i started with just one of my buddys smoking and about 3 months later almost all of my friends love hitting the hookah
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook