Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Bad hookah vase, what do you think?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 14th, 2009, 03:05 AM
Hoohoodillyo
Hookah Nut

Default Bad hookah vase, what do you think?

Hey guys, I recently bought a hookah on here from another member and really feel taken for... I guess my question here is how would/could anyone be able to miss this while smoking out of a 40" KM on this vase? I'll get another picture later on how the hookah sits while placed tight to the vase.

I just honestly feel like crap right now as I have to place a wet paper towel in between the vase and stem so it doesn't lean while I smoke. The best part about the whole thing is that you can clearly see it in the pictures that it was leaning, but the guy even stated in the post that the hookah just wasn't pushed in all the way, but it is fine... Only question now is do I request my money back from paypal (buyer protection ftw!) and ship this hunk-o-junk back and buy a new one for about the same price, or eat it and buy a new vase? BTW only reason it would be the same price as what I spent on this is cause Mahir said since I got booted on this deal he would sell me one VERY cheap, well maybe for a baby present as well I guess. :-) Mahir
Old May 14th, 2009, 03:11 AM
Hoohoodillyo
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Bad hookah vase, what do you think?

By the way, wanted to add that I sent him messages him on here to only get an argument that the hookah is just fine... I sent him these two pictures and he has logged on twice and even read the message without a response back. So, yeah, I am at a loss right now.

Edit: On this note anyone have a KM vase they want to unload? I know Scoop always has stuff laying around the dirty crib.
Old May 14th, 2009, 03:28 AM
Trivial
Banned

that sux.. hope something wrks out for ya
Old May 14th, 2009, 03:38 AM
AbusiveNapkin
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to AbusiveNapkin

I would go for the buyer protection
Old May 14th, 2009, 03:47 AM
esteban
Hookah Pro

I think the guy who made that vase was drunk.
Old May 14th, 2009, 04:30 AM
AbusiveNapkin
Hookah Nut

I would believe that
Old May 14th, 2009, 06:04 AM
bradedup
Hookah Master

wow never i ve never seen a base with a lean like that..
Old May 14th, 2009, 10:24 AM
omgheyitskenny
Hookah Nut

sorry but its kind of funny xD
Old May 14th, 2009, 10:58 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradedup View Post
wow never i ve never seen a base with a lean like that..
Wonder was it not made by the same person that designed the leaning tower of Pisa
Old May 14th, 2009, 11:10 AM
FeliFeliWooo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to FeliFeliWooo

go for the buyer protection definately
or atleast get some compensation
Old May 14th, 2009, 12:15 PM
annual
Hookah Nut

1. I smoked out of it 5 - 6 times with no problem and shipped it to you perfectly.
2. It did not lean once and the glass did not look like that.
3. You sound like your trying to make this fun and use buyer protection for your protection, but I can bet you've used the fantasia i gave you as a bonus and have smoked out of it. The only thing that's wrong is the vase, the stem hose tray and everything else is perfect, you forgot to leave that out and it was packed nicely and sent UPS for you which cost me more than I charged you.
4. Take a look at the pic, it is perfectly fine and upright.
5. I really hate selling things online, I'm sticking to locally, people truly amaze me.
6. You also forgot to mention to them you over sent $100 which I gladly refunded and didnt try to scam you and was more than happy to talk on the phone and refunded your money asap.

Old May 14th, 2009, 12:34 PM
caasi
Hookah Newbie

it looks like its leaning to me
Old May 14th, 2009, 01:15 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

honestly it looks more like the lip is whats messed up as apposed to it really being that leaning. also i cannot tell how much the camera is making it look one way or another

afaik the way these vases are made is in a production shop but still hand blown, while that is no excuse, it is the reason parts come out like this. it simply could be cold worked (ground down) to be flat and it will be perfectly fine

-matt
Old May 14th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Hoohoodillyo
Hookah Nut

I have one question how can I do this to the vase? Funny part is there is NO way I could have done this to a vase unless I heated it VERY VERY HOT and I dun even think I have anything to get that hot!

Now that I look close I can see the problem on these pictures. Bottom line... don't trade online with people you can't trust, WOW! Looks like I am going to eat this one, I'll just have to buy a new vase. <bangs head> I'll only buy from reputable online dealers from now on... Hookah John and Nazar, and of course Mr. B, Uncle Dunk, and the always on sale Scoop.

Thanks for the input guys but I should have payed more attention to the fine print in the pictures.
Old May 14th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Hoohoodillyo
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
honestly it looks more like the lip is whats messed up as apposed to it really being that leaning. also i cannot tell how much the camera is making it look one way or another

afaik the way these vases are made is in a production shop but still hand blown, while that is no excuse, it is the reason parts come out like this. it simply could be cold worked (ground down) to be flat and it will be perfectly fine

-matt
How can I grind this down without risking the vase exploding on me? Diamond tip grinding disk maybe?
Old May 14th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Well, this sucks

I have a KM Amer and her name is "Eileen" because she leans lol .. sorry but it is true! Do a search for "Eileen" Here is the pic .. http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/attac...1&d=1204119532

The KM bases are not perfect, but this one is going to be much more noticeable because of the height involved.

We don't get involved with trades .. but it would be nice to see this resolved somehow? I don't know how much the other vendors are selling KM bases for, but I do know Texas Hookah has them for $16

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old May 14th, 2009, 03:33 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

the only way to have gotten that vase that way is to have gotten it hot enough to manipulate the glass (1200-1600*f at least) then cool it down over 12-24 hours from 1000*

as to grinding it you will need a silica based abrasive at the minimum, but diamond works better, the correct tool for it is a flat wheel grinder which other than a professional glass shop you wont find one. if you try to grind it at home you need to have a lot of water flowing over the abrasive. just grinding it wont lead to cracking (polishing with serium may crack it, my glass professor cracked at $40,000 piece of glass at a job he had when he was cold working pieces for some famous glass blowers and he cracked a piece in final polishing, his boss understandably had a shit fit)

honestly i would just use silicone glue or glue something with silicone glue or UV glue to the top that is easier to shape than glass

-matt
Old May 14th, 2009, 05:16 PM
AbusiveNapkin
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by annual View Post
The vase is defiantly leaning. You can tell by looking at the stem comparing to the blinds in the background.
Old May 14th, 2009, 05:50 PM
c000weee
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to c000weee Send a message via Yahoo to c000weee

Man if you are not satisfied with what you bought with your money get that money back... If I wasnt happy with what I bought I wouldnt think twice about returning it. Base leaning or not.
Old May 14th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Trivial
Banned

Personally looks crooked in every pic I see

Old May 14th, 2009, 06:36 PM
annual
Hookah Nut

The first pic you posted is when I didnt have it in all the way and you can see that. The last picture I dont see it leaning. It is clearly vertical and fine to smoking, as he exaggerates it's unstable and not able to smoke out of. We have resolved this issue through PM's and it is over. Please close this thread and move along.

Last edited by annual; May 14th, 2009 at 06:42 PM.
Old May 14th, 2009, 06:39 PM
cherno83
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to cherno83

I just feel sorry for you, but at least it can smoke correctly right? Maybe use some caulking on it to make it nice and even? I dunno
Old May 14th, 2009, 06:40 PM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven

EDIT: Man I am glad to see you two worked things out .

Last edited by FarBeyondDriven; May 14th, 2009 at 06:42 PM.
Old May 15th, 2009, 02:14 AM
Hoohoodillyo
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by annual View Post
The first pic you posted is when I didnt have it in all the way and you can see that. The last picture I dont see it leaning. It is clearly vertical and fine to smoking, as he exaggerates it's unstable and not able to smoke out of. We have resolved this issue through PM's and it is over. Please close this thread and move along.
Hrm, I don't remember this being resolved... I just remember saying thanks for pulling one over on me and all I wanted was an apology... All I can say is this guy will NEVER be able to sell anything on here again, at least not if I have anything to do with it. At first I just wanted him to admit what he did was wrong but I guess I won't be able to get that since he STILL says this is MY fault.. LMAO @ brainless child acts.

Yes, the hookah smokes amazing. Yes, the Fantasia he gave me is a great flavor. No, it doesn't sit anywhere near perfect in the vase. No, I am not happy that I was lied to. Yes, I did get taken for from some guy who thinks money is more important than being an honest person. No, doing a good thing by returning MY money back to me when I accidentally overpaid doesn't make doing a bad thing by lying okay. /END

Thank you to all those who had suggestions on how to fix the problem for temporary. I will try some ideas out tomorrow from products at the local Home Depot. Scoop already msg me about a vase he has, although I may wait it out and find a crystal vase just for shits n giggles. Match that up with an all white Razan and a white vortex and I am in heaven! Hell, might as well blow some more moola on this bad boy.

OVER AND OUT
Old May 15th, 2009, 02:15 AM
omgheyitskenny
Hookah Nut

I like the 2 tri metals

I have a few vase like that at work we just cut the vase groumet to the best so it fit in there as straight as possible
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook