Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

My new hookah

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 15th, 2009, 07:28 AM
dimamalta
Hookah Newbie

Default My new hookah

Hey I just got a new hookah, and I would like you know if i can wash the hose. when I had my previous one, i washed it and it started to rust!! so i bought a new cooler one. anyways, i dunt want this new baby to rust. and if i cannot wash it, how can i clean the hose? thank you.
Old May 15th, 2009, 07:42 AM
krampi
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to krampi
Default Re: My new hookah

Nearly always the hoses that come with the hookah are not washable. The only way you can keep it clean is when you finished your session, disconnect the hose and blow the smoke ot from it immediately. The better way is to buy a washable hose like a Nammor or a Razan. They are completely washable, and will last for a long time

I hope you will enjoy the sessions with your new baby!
Old May 15th, 2009, 07:56 AM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Krampi is 100% correct.
Old May 15th, 2009, 10:07 AM
i heart hookah
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimamalta View Post
Hey I just got a new hookah, and I would like you know if i can wash the hose. when I had my previous one, i washed it and it started to rust!! so i bought a new cooler one. anyways, i dunt want this new baby to rust. and if i cannot wash it, how can i clean the hose? thank you.
what hose did you buy? if you bite on it, does it squeeze or stay the exact same shape?
If it squeezes when you bite on it or pinch it, you can wash it.. it's made out of plastic or other synthetic materials inside of it..
if it's really hard when you bite on it, and it hardly collapses at all, it's not washable.
Old May 15th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Pixelz
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by i heart hookah View Post
what hose did you buy? if you bite on it, does it squeeze or stay the exact same shape?
If it squeezes when you bite on it or pinch it, you can wash it.. it's made out of plastic or other synthetic materials inside of it..
if it's really hard when you bite on it, and it hardly collapses at all, it's not washable.
This is NOT true, Razan hoses do not "squish" and Al Fakher Makes Healthy hoses that do not Squish either, infact its the ones that DO squish and kink that tend to be the non washable kind.
It's simple.

Unless it's a a Razan, Namour, the New Razan Maxura's (from nazarhookah.com thank you MAHIR!), an Al Fakher Healthy hose, Caravan/Grand Hose, You can't wash it.

Some Mya hoses are washable, but you HAVE to buy the washable version, the hoses that come with most mya's are not their washable variety.

And some vendors do carry some off brand washables, but when it comes down to it, Go research and shop around at HookahPro's Vendor Section.

End of Story.
Old May 15th, 2009, 11:23 AM
dimamalta
Hookah Newbie

and how to clean a non washable one?
Old May 15th, 2009, 11:23 AM
i heart hookah
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelz View Post
This is NOT true, Razan hoses do not "squish" and Al Fakher Makes Healthy hoses that do not Squish either, infact its the ones that DO squish and kink that tend to be the non washable kind.
It's simple.

Unless it's a a Razan, Namour, the New Razan Maxura's (from nazarhookah.com thank you MAHIR!), an Al Fakher Healthy hose, Caravan/Grand Hose, You can't wash it.

Some Mya hoses are washable, but you HAVE to buy the washable version, the hoses that come with most mya's are not their washable variety.

And some vendors do carry some off brand washables, but when it comes down to it, Go research and shop around at HookahPro's Vendor Section.

End of Story.
Really? Hmm, i'll have to buy hoses and do a review just to prove you wrong. because most of my hoses, razzan, nammor, af, mya, and a few cheapies all squish, are highly taken care of, and are all washable. i have a few that aren't washable. two are KM hoses, one's a diaper hose [ that's what i call it] from sahara smoke from when i reviewed them, and there are a few others, that are really hard and can not be washed. i tried biteing one, and it nearly broke off my tooth. I guess i'll make a video tonight showing the guy what I mean.
Old May 15th, 2009, 11:25 AM
dimamalta
Hookah Newbie

yay! a video thanks man! i will wait for it. (p.s.: i am quite popular on youtube search me up m0vi3zz)
Old May 15th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Pixelz
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Really? Hmm, i'll have to buy hoses and do a review just to prove you wrong. because most of my hoses, razzan, nammor, af, mya, and a few cheapies all squish, are highly taken care of, and are all washable. i have a few that aren't washable. two are KM hoses, one's a diaper hose [ that's what i call it] from sahara smoke from when i reviewed them, and there are a few others, that are really hard and can not be washed. i tried biteing one, and it nearly broke off my tooth. I guess i'll make a video tonight showing the guy what I mean.
lol squish or not, it's about the brand, not how they squish. Squishing can be decieving, my Razan hose has no give what so ever, while as my caravan I can flatten pretty easy. BOTH are washable.
My point is don't depend on how a hose "feels" or "squishes" to judge it's washability.
Instead of wasting time going around biting into your hoses and stil pondering on if it's washable. I'm trying to encourage new members to research a bit, look around, and see what our vendors have to offer them so they can make educated buys, if indeed they do want a truely washable hose.

That, Is the Only reliable way of telling if a hose is washable or not.
Old May 15th, 2009, 11:31 AM
dimamalta
Hookah Newbie

well so can you plz tell me how to clean a non washable hose?
Old May 15th, 2009, 11:33 AM
i heart hookah
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
lol squish or not, it's about the brand, not how they squish. Squishing can be decieving, my Razan hose has no give what so ever, while as my caravan I can flatten pretty easy. BOTH are washable.
My point is don't depend on how a hose "feels" or "squishes" to judge it's washability.
Instead of wasting time going around biting into your hoses and stil pondering on if it's washable. I'm trying to encourage new members to research a bit, look around, and see what our vendors have to offer them so they can make educated buys, if indeed they do want a truely washable hose.

That, Is the Only reliable way of telling if a hose is washable or not.
I understand that. But he asked if the hose he already has in his possession was washable. Then stated if not, he'll have to get one. I was simply letting him know an easy way to find out. If it's not make of metal, it shouldn't squeeze as easy as the plastic ones. Both hookah lounges I've worked at have the same methods of finding out if a hose was usable or not. [of course we didn't use them if they weren't washable.]
Either way, I was just trying to help the person. I'll still possibly make a video tonight sometime, and make a whole blog out of it.. "How to know when to wash a hose, and how to wash a hose.." lol
Old May 15th, 2009, 11:36 AM
i heart hookah
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
You can't easily.

If you have a pipe cleaner, and a long thin sheet or something that you don't need at the moment, use the pipe cleaner to go through it.. or a thin stick or something.
You can't put liquids in a non washable hose, or it will rust.
To keep it clean from the beginning,
as soon as you're done smoking, remove it from the hookah, blow the excess smoke out of it, then hang it up to where it's just one long line.
That should keep it as clean as it's going to get.
Old May 15th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Pixelz
Hookah Pro

Quote:
There is no real way to WASH them, but there is a way to increase their life.

After every session just blow out all the smoke and hang your hose somewere.

Or, if you want a deeper clean, get an air compression and blow some air out of the hose to get loose particals out of your hose and MAYBe some flavors.

But really Unwashable hoses are actually underappreciated.
There great for building up your favorite flavors!
Keeping around several non washable hoses for certain flavors is a favorite technique of some well respected veterans out here.

Just be gentle with them and treat your hoses with care. And they could last you a long time.

Just don't ever run water through em, the metal inside is not protected, and will rust, and well unless you love the flavor of rust, I wouldn't recomend it.

Just blow em out.

(I have a KM hose just for Cola flavors ^^)
Old May 15th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Pixelz
Hookah Pro

Quote:
I understand that. But he asked if the hose he already has in his possession was washable. Then stated if not, he'll have to get one. I was simply letting him know an easy way to find out. If it's not make of metal, it shouldn't squeeze as easy as the plastic ones. Both hookah lounges I've worked at have the same methods of finding out if a hose was usable or not. [of course we didn't use them if they weren't washable.]
Either way, I was just trying to help the person. I'll still possibly make a video tonight sometime, and make a whole blog out of it.. "How to know when to wash a hose, and how to wash a hose.." lol
the true way to know if his hose is washable or not is if they would put up a picture perhaps
Old May 15th, 2009, 11:44 AM
dimamalta
Hookah Newbie

hmmm i just got my new hookah yestarday and i still did not smoke it lol. wanna take good care of it. and will someone please comment about my signiture picture? haha
Old May 15th, 2009, 11:44 AM
i heart hookah
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
the true way to know if his hose is washable or not is if they would put up a picture perhaps
yeah, but apparently they wouldn't have thought about that, or they would have put it up already..
Old May 15th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Pixelz
Hookah Pro

Quote:
hmmm i just got my new hookah yestarday and i still did not smoke it lol. wanna take good care of it. and will someone please comment about my signiture picture? haha
Hahaha the signature is very nice, love the Nakhla

If you wouldn't mind could you put a link up to the hookah you just bought?
Or is that the Hookah in your signature? ^^
Old May 15th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser

CATFIGHT!!!
Old May 15th, 2009, 11:50 AM
dimamalta
Hookah Newbie

its the one on the pic, i made it like 15min ago
Old May 15th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Pixelz
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shienhausser View Post
CATFIGHT!!!
Where?
Aren't those illegal?
Like Dogfights are illegal so I would assume any animal cruelty would be shown the same illegality.
Old May 15th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser

I awoke to the sound of cats tearing eachother apart last night, my cat was furious and ready to rumble he was slamming himself against the window!
Old May 15th, 2009, 11:53 AM
i heart hookah
Hookah Newbie

I believe those are mya hoses, and more than likely they can be washed? am i correct pixelz?
Old May 15th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Pixelz
Hookah Pro

Quote:
its the one on the pic, i made it like 15min ago
Ahhhh ok, well yea those hoses won't be washable, Ther generic Chinese Hoses.
But they will get the job done.

Also thats a CHinese Pumpkin Hookah, It'll get the job done as well.
There ok starting off hookahs, not something i would personally buy, I'm a Nour fangirl myself.

But I'm pretty sure, that even if you wanted a washable hose like a Razan or Namour your gonna have to ghetto rig that SOB into the ports, because those CHinese ports are tinie tiny.

Take good care of it.

And when your ready to upgrade, look around at hookah reviews and see what suits your fancy.
Old May 15th, 2009, 11:55 AM
dimamalta
Hookah Newbie

they are metal tipped. super hard
Old May 15th, 2009, 11:55 AM
i heart hookah
Hookah Newbie

nevermind :P i didn't pay attention to the stem.. lol
why is there blue tape on that one? is it already leaking?
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook