Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu
   

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

In a predicament...

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 16th, 2009, 01:12 AM
mavsfan31
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10
Default In a predicament...

Recently I placed an order to Hookah-Shisha.com. I put a money order out in the mail Friday. I live in the DFW Area, so I figured it would get to Austin for sure by Tuesday. Well, it's Friday and the mail still hasn't come in yet. I'm pretty nervous.

What should I do? I've been in contact with Hookah-Shisha.com daily since Tuesday, to make sure that they haven't messed things up. I'm going to check on the status of the money order with the receipt tomorrow. Is there any way someone could open up the mail before it reaches hookah-shisha.com and actually cash it?

Thanks guys.

Disclaimer: In no way am I trashing the website, so I hope it hasn't come across like it.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old May 16th, 2009, 01:13 AM
MrBungle's Avatar
MrBungle
Status: Offline
AFNSBFLAVOUR
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 5,410
Default Re: In a predicament...

there's always a risk with sending money orders. just stay on top of things with H-S
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old May 16th, 2009, 06:30 AM
largegiant04
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 8
Default Re: In a predicament...

I just placed an order from Hookah-Shisha yesterday and it shipped and should be here early next week.

This was my first order with them, so far so good.

Give them a call to see whats up.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old May 16th, 2009, 10:38 AM
mattathayde's Avatar
mattathayde
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Richmond/Yorktown VA
Posts: 3,779
Default Re: In a predicament...

did you send the money order blank in the recipient field, did you send it certified mail?

also mail from place to place can be really fast or super slow.

-matt
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old May 16th, 2009, 10:43 AM
abu ronin's Avatar
abu ronin
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: mpls
Posts: 4,498
Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin
Default Re: In a predicament...

might I suggest a pre-payed visa card in the future? Save yourself all this hassle and your order will proccess quicker.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old May 16th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Shienhausser's Avatar
Shienhausser
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NY/TX
Posts: 1,422
Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser
Default Re: In a predicament...

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
might I suggest a pre-payed visa card in the future? Save yourself all this hassle and your order will proccess quicker.
This.



Thats just the post office man, after being sorted in Ft. Worth it SHOULD have been there the next day and even if you had missed the pickup for the day, it would be estimated for tues. Doesnt mean it was stolen but doesnt mean its even getting there. Ive had mail to NY take 12 days and mail to the UK take 5 days lol.

After checking the money order to see if it was cashed, it may be advisable to cancel/refund the money using the 1-800 number on the order, they may have you mail in a form from where you bought it depending on the brand. order although most M.O. companies will have a 8-10$ fee for doing so, and you have to wait. Just let H-S know whats going on.

If you REALLY dont want to get the prepaid visa or an electronic transfer of sorts, UPS ground or USPS Priority w/ deliv conf. is always better than just sending a letter.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old May 16th, 2009, 12:25 PM
mavsfan31
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10
Default Re: In a predicament...

Quote:
Originally Posted by largegiant04 View Post
I just placed an order from Hookah-Shisha yesterday and it shipped and should be here early next week.

This was my first order with them, so far so good.

Give them a call to see whats up.
The problem is not with Hookah-Shisha. They haven't received my money order, it's out of their control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
might I suggest a pre-payed visa card in the future? Save yourself all this hassle and your order will proccess quicker.
Actually, I was going to do this but I couldn't find one big enough. I can only use one card on orders from HS. Otherwise, I certainly would have went this route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shienhausser View Post
This.

Thats just the post office man, after being sorted in Ft. Worth it SHOULD have been there the next day and even if you had missed the pickup for the day, it would be estimated for tues. Doesnt mean it was stolen but doesnt mean its even getting there. Ive had mail to NY take 12 days and mail to the UK take 5 days lol.

After checking the money order to see if it was cashed, it may be advisable to cancel/refund the money using the 1-800 number on the order, they may have you mail in a form from where you bought it depending on the brand. order although most M.O. companies will have a 8-10$ fee for doing so, and you have to wait. Just let H-S know whats going on.

If you REALLY dont want to get the prepaid visa or an electronic transfer of sorts, UPS ground or USPS Priority w/ deliv conf. is always better than just sending a letter.
Yeah, I think I might just get it refunded. I need to check on the status of it today. The only reason why I haven't yet is because it's a mail in form and the fee is $15.
Reply With Quote
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 PM.

Skin Design By vBSkinworks



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2012, Hookah Pro Inc.