Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

In a predicament...

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 16th, 2009, 01:12 AM
mavsfan31
Banned

Default In a predicament...

Recently I placed an order to Hookah-Shisha.com. I put a money order out in the mail Friday. I live in the DFW Area, so I figured it would get to Austin for sure by Tuesday. Well, it's Friday and the mail still hasn't come in yet. I'm pretty nervous.

What should I do? I've been in contact with Hookah-Shisha.com daily since Tuesday, to make sure that they haven't messed things up. I'm going to check on the status of the money order with the receipt tomorrow. Is there any way someone could open up the mail before it reaches hookah-shisha.com and actually cash it?

Thanks guys.

Disclaimer: In no way am I trashing the website, so I hope it hasn't come across like it.
Old May 16th, 2009, 01:13 AM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

Default Re: In a predicament...

there's always a risk with sending money orders. just stay on top of things with H-S

Old May 16th, 2009, 06:30 AM
largegiant04
Hookah Newbie

I just placed an order from Hookah-Shisha yesterday and it shipped and should be here early next week.

This was my first order with them, so far so good.

Give them a call to see whats up.
Old May 16th, 2009, 10:38 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

did you send the money order blank in the recipient field, did you send it certified mail?

also mail from place to place can be really fast or super slow.

-matt
Old May 16th, 2009, 10:43 AM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

might I suggest a pre-payed visa card in the future? Save yourself all this hassle and your order will proccess quicker.
Old May 16th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
might I suggest a pre-payed visa card in the future? Save yourself all this hassle and your order will proccess quicker.
This.

Thats just the post office man, after being sorted in Ft. Worth it SHOULD have been there the next day and even if you had missed the pickup for the day, it would be estimated for tues. Doesnt mean it was stolen but doesnt mean its even getting there. Ive had mail to NY take 12 days and mail to the UK take 5 days lol.

After checking the money order to see if it was cashed, it may be advisable to cancel/refund the money using the 1-800 number on the order, they may have you mail in a form from where you bought it depending on the brand. order although most M.O. companies will have a 8-10$ fee for doing so, and you have to wait. Just let H-S know whats going on.

If you REALLY dont want to get the prepaid visa or an electronic transfer of sorts, UPS ground or USPS Priority w/ deliv conf. is always better than just sending a letter.
Old May 16th, 2009, 12:25 PM
mavsfan31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by largegiant04 View Post
I just placed an order from Hookah-Shisha yesterday and it shipped and should be here early next week.

This was my first order with them, so far so good.

Give them a call to see whats up.
The problem is not with Hookah-Shisha. They haven't received my money order, it's out of their control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
Actually, I was going to do this but I couldn't find one big enough. I can only use one card on orders from HS. Otherwise, I certainly would have went this route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shienhausser View Post
This.

Thats just the post office man, after being sorted in Ft. Worth it SHOULD have been there the next day and even if you had missed the pickup for the day, it would be estimated for tues. Doesnt mean it was stolen but doesnt mean its even getting there. Ive had mail to NY take 12 days and mail to the UK take 5 days lol.

After checking the money order to see if it was cashed, it may be advisable to cancel/refund the money using the 1-800 number on the order, they may have you mail in a form from where you bought it depending on the brand. order although most M.O. companies will have a 8-10$ fee for doing so, and you have to wait. Just let H-S know whats going on.

If you REALLY dont want to get the prepaid visa or an electronic transfer of sorts, UPS ground or USPS Priority w/ deliv conf. is always better than just sending a letter.
Yeah, I think I might just get it refunded. I need to check on the status of it today. The only reason why I haven't yet is because it's a mail in form and the fee is $15.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook