Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Thoughts On Starbuzz White Grape

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 17th, 2009, 08:18 AM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven
Default Thoughts On Starbuzz White Grape

Hi guys, it's been awhile since I've posted a thread here on the forums. Anyways, I received a gift from this nice lady of several 250g tins of Starbuzz. Most people here know that I prefer traditional tobaccos and Nakhla over a lot of this artificial flavoured tobacco we have here in the States. However, I was very grateful to receive such a nice gift. Just now I decided to try out the Starbuzz White Grape. I set up my 26" Nour Syrian (that's right I said Nour for you KM fans ) with a standard Egyptian bowl and a Nour hose (I really prefer traditional unwashable hoses over Nammor/Razan hoses for the sake of flavour - try it out sometime and you'll see what I mean.) I then even "juiced" the bowl to ensure great flavour. I began smoking when the coals were red hot of course, and the flavour is slim to none, just billowing clouds. I am very disappointed with this because like I always say, "Make sure your flavour is put first, then comes the clouds." Anyone else experience this? I can honestly say Nakhla Mizo White Grape is the best I have had.

Also, I know a lot of people here who absolutely love Starbuzz and I have great understanding of this, however, I feel that it is overpriced and overrated. Friends here tell me to try Blue Mist and I was not at all impressed. Citrus Mist, same story applies. I feel that it smells great and smokes BIG, but the flavour is just unsatisfying which is why I choose Nakhla over mostly anything else.

I invite you guys to share your opinions with me and let me know what you guys enjoy - not just grape - all flavours. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Salam

- Mohamed
Old May 17th, 2009, 08:30 AM
reality-
Banned

Default Re: Thoughts On Starbuzz White Grape

Hey my brother!
About the hose issue u know I share that opinion.. i just posted it in a very recent thread as well and you can jump in and agree with me there if u'd like
Anyway .. I understand fully what you mean by this artificial flavours in starbuzz.. But white grape, citrus mist and blue mist have really much taste.. Not in the same way as nakhla but they shouldnt make you dissapointed at leat..
It shouldnt maybe matther but I would really think that in this case, its maybe the bowl that is the problem.. I smoke starbuzz in a small tangier phunnel with a scalli mod, and it works like a charm! yes the clouds is big but they have taste! so it should absolutly not be near tasteless even though I fully understand what you mean with this artificial taste compared to traditional real taste nakhla for example.. And yes its damn overpriced but its still very good I think..
If you have a phunnel try it like that.. maybe the same way you smoked af gold esk apple..?
Old May 17th, 2009, 08:35 AM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

SB White Grape and Black Grape both suck c**k ......
Old May 17th, 2009, 08:35 AM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven

Ah Nima my brother! I have tried this with a phunnel as well, and the White Grape isn't necessarily tasteless, it is just very light which is surprising to me. Citrus Mist and Blue Mist did have good flavour, but kind of light to my taste. Starbuzz smokes amazingly well, but I guess it just isn't for me. Also, I did see you posted about the traditional hoses over these washable plastic ones. Props to you there my friend. Thank you for the reply
Old May 17th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

I love Starbuzz, but i cannot bring myself to buy most of their flavors because from the can they do not smell too good. The few SB flavors i do smoke are Pumpkin Pie, Citrus Mist, and Christmas mix. They have great flavors and the smoke is always amazing. But one thing i can to to maximise the flavor is i put a pinch of Saalaam Herbal shisha in there, the spiced chai. That stuff is sooo strong and it goes well with the christmas mix and pumpkin pie.
Old May 17th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser

Ive smoked Royal Grape and it tasted like mop water from a funeral home.
Old May 17th, 2009, 11:02 AM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

I can appreciate some SB flavors but a lot are just too much for me, too sweet or too weak, just not right.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old May 17th, 2009, 12:12 PM
reality-
Banned

yeah i agree with some flavours beeing to weak.. like irish cream for example.. or to my biggest dissapointment.. safari melon dew that is said to be very good.. I can feel that the taste should be good but it has no power to it..
but honestly.. Citrus mist and blue mist are so great... and white grape as well ... ouff... but yeah.. a bit too sweet for some and I would agree if smoking them regulary... but they are like show off shisha
BTW Mohamed.. There must be someone around that wants to trade that SB if u'd really dont want it no ?

Last edited by reality-; May 17th, 2009 at 12:14 PM.
Old May 17th, 2009, 12:38 PM
cherno83
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to cherno83

x on beach, white peach, melon dew, and pomegranate are very very good. White peach is my favorite though haha

I need to order some more 250 tins =]
Old May 17th, 2009, 01:22 PM
MN_Clouds
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Egyptian View Post
SB White Grape and Black Grape both suck c**k ......
I agree. I have tried both of them and I was extremely disappointed. However, most SB flavors I absolutely love. Citrus Mist, Tangerine Dream and Passion Kiss are all in my top 10 of shishas
Old May 17th, 2009, 01:25 PM
RaceMyGhost
Hookah Pro

SB has some really good flavors but White Grape is definitely NOT one of them. It's really bitter if I remember correctly.

Grab yourself some AF White Grape. That's where it's at.

Go Noir or Go Home.
Old May 17th, 2009, 02:05 PM
reality-
Banned

Yesi agree.. I cant understand how a company like this makes this bullshit.. Starbuzz white grape is a tragedy...
Old May 17th, 2009, 02:19 PM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

i feel the same way as you FBD i mean if it was cheaper i might buy but some of the stuff i have had is just to artificial and really throws me off. I get it down at the hookah just cause i know my friends will like it, i rather have another bowl of tangiers. but i did have one i really liked from SB it was the Pumpkin pie or spice whatevs its called it was pretty good but not 20 bucks good
Old May 17th, 2009, 02:21 PM
myka
Hookah Pro

I bought white grape last night and I was also unimpressed. When I researched the flavor in google *********** came up and everyone said it was on their favorites? I bought it and it is not good. Although on the other hand, strawberry margarita, code 69, and tangerine dream are very good.

and @Jay. I just sent you 2 SB samples, let me know what you think.

Last edited by abu ronin; May 17th, 2009 at 02:53 PM. Reason: violation of plea of harmony agreement
Old May 17th, 2009, 02:44 PM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Ahh, my first tin of Starbuzz... I still have some left.

A great friend of mine said that was his favorite one. Next time he visits, he's going to get to try some real shisha.
Old May 17th, 2009, 02:47 PM
cherno83
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to cherno83

I dunno what you guys are talking about how it's bitter. Wasn't the slightest bitter to me. I got my white peach like a month ago. Just by smelling it it's like biting into a nice plump peach. haha
Old May 17th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Rizzer
Hookah Newbie

Never tried SB so can't comment on it whatsoever, I was going to buy a 100g of blue mist tin but I guess fate intervened and I bought some Nakhla instead.
Old May 17th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser

^lol,

it's a miracle!!!!
Old May 17th, 2009, 02:58 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzer View Post
Never tried SB so can't comment on it whatsoever, I was going to buy a 100g of blue mist tin but I guess fate intervened and I bought some Nakhla instead.
And to think there are still some who question Gods existence!
Old May 17th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Rizzer
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
And to think there are still some who question Gods existence!
Keep the faith abu, keep the faith.
Old May 17th, 2009, 04:17 PM
holeyguy66
Hookah Newbie

ive had sb apple americana i didnt care for it to much ive also had sb blue mist which i am smoking now very good flavour and sb white peeach again good flavour just gotta let them sit out for awhile if not it taste like purfume
Old May 17th, 2009, 04:19 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

I agree. But imo, that isn't one of the best SB flavors. Just like all other brands, every brand has bad or weak flavors.

I freaking enjoy SB Pumpkin Pie and Code 69 now. ^_^ Some of the other fruit flavors from SB aren't that amazing in my book though
Old May 17th, 2009, 04:53 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

I like some like sefari melon dew, margarita but some are just a waste of space and have such weak flavours they are pretty much tasteless
Old May 17th, 2009, 08:09 PM
LoQuik
Hookah Pro

I've had starbuzz a couple times and it was OK everytime because of the nice size clouds but the taste was too "candy" like for me. Every once in awhile I guess...
Old May 17th, 2009, 08:56 PM
kingboyb
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyIsJustKidding View Post
I agree. But imo, that isn't one of the best SB flavors. Just like all other brands, every brand has bad or weak flavors.

I freaking enjoy SB Pumpkin Pie and Code 69 now. ^_^ Some of the other fruit flavors from SB aren't that amazing in my book though
+1

People have different preferrences when it comes every moving piece of the hookah experience (hoses, bowl, shank, jar, hose, tobacco, etc..).
Many people around here think that there is a single superior product
compared to everything else (i.e. Nahkla > All.. yawn). Don't listen to them. They know what works for them and they are trying to tell you what works for you, ignore them. Use the reviews as a guide and try things for yourself.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook