Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Noob Here, Bambino/QT help?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 17th, 2009, 04:44 PM
tahak1
Hookah Newbie

Exclamation Noob Here, Bambino/QT help?

So basically, i bought my first hookah in pakistan, it was just a random one, and its really bad.
So im going for a Mya Qt or Bambino, Which one? Why?
Does changing part for them make the performance any better or just looks?
If i have to change any parts, which parts, why, and which parts do you recomend. and are these parts gonna fit?
thank you in advance if someone helps. i need it!
Old May 17th, 2009, 04:57 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger
Default Re: Noob Here, Bambino/QT help?

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11029

read that.

as for the qt and bambino search the forums (top right of page)

you'll see that they both smoke well, and most accessories fit

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old May 17th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser

Speaking from firsthand experience, the bambino is a stout little guy and smokes amazingly.

I was amazed at how heavy it felt and how easy the pull was. This is my brother's first hookah and he usually smokes with me (Im smoking a 30" syrian brass) and there is no difference in the smoking experience minus aesthetics (The bambino has looser pull but I like my tight pulling syrian). The smoke was not any cooler/hotter b/c of its small size.

The bambino is also VERY easy to clean and you can just tell that the materials are high quality. One of the best hookahs for 45-50$ IMO.

Regardless of your choice, I would order a standard egyptian bowl as well as a phunnel/vortex (if thats your cup of tea) as the stock bowl kind of sucks.

The only minor problem we are having is finding a grommet that will allow our nammor/razan hose to stay in the port, The soft grommet that Mya uses didnt cut it so I have something ghetto rigged until I can find the right grommet (something along the lines of doubling up on grommets or some such craziness).

Ive heard equally good things about the QT, but in my opinion, the bambino has its own personality and is a beast!

Last edited by Shienhausser; May 17th, 2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old May 17th, 2009, 05:43 PM
tahak1
Hookah Newbie

Thanks very much for the responses but since u say the hose didn't fit, then can anyone tell me if the stock hose is any good. Or will I have to change it for a significantly better experiance. Also one more thing, what's the diff between vortex bowls and standard egyptian ones? Thanx for the replies. More opinions wanted guys. Thanx!
Old May 17th, 2009, 05:46 PM
FeliFeliWooo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to FeliFeliWooo

id assume all youd have to do is buy a new hoseport
should only coswt like $9 lol
Old May 17th, 2009, 06:03 PM
JimNibbles
Hookah Nut

The stock Mya hose for my Bambino is pretty nice. It doesn't have quite the ease of pull of the Nammor and Mya hoses are not washable, but it is a nice hose nonetheless. Sometimes I prefer the Mya hose over the Nammor when I smoke from my Bambino.

As far as the bowls are concerned:

Vortex (with cross-sectional diagram!)

Traditional Egyptian

The idea behind the vortex is to keep the shisha juices in the bowl instead of running down your stem, producing longer, better sessions with more flavor. In my experience, anyway.
Old May 17th, 2009, 06:43 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

i havent used them personally but they seem to be pretty much the same, i have a mya mini acrylic (got on ebay for 25 bucks shipped) and it is my normal smoke now, best investment i have made in a good long while

i would look on ebay honestly for a small mya

personally i would get a new hose (a washable one, i like the nammor/razans) and a new bowl, the mya bowls are a little to deep and not wide enough for my tastes. i prefer a mod bowl but a lot of people dont like them because they say the material is too thin and heats up to fast/easily (i dont have an issue with it). many people will say to get a phunnel or vortex bowl but honestly all i see them do is waste tobacco and are not that much better especially starting out.

-matt
Old May 17th, 2009, 06:50 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

what jim nibbles said applies to really juicy tobaccos, the bowl wont help really when using a real moassal like nakhla

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook