Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

My electric charcoal EXPLODED!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 19th, 2009, 05:04 PM
phatpride1
Hookah Pro

Default Re: My electric charcoal EXPLODED!

Idk these coals be cursed with some bad ju-ju from the hookah gods. Was coughing up black Flem from the wire melting all weekend, thought i had the Black Plague or some shit. Haven't been able to smoke a full bowl with out coughing yet. Hoping tonight will be the night.
Old May 19th, 2009, 05:25 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by necco View Post
One thing I noticed is that on the plug it comes with, the prongs don't have holes in them like most american AC plugs (it doesn't have a ground either). Does the fact that it lacks the holes do anything different, could it have been the cause of the problem? :O
i dont think the holes matter, i have stuff around that doesnt have the holes, the ground is probably a bigger thing

edit- found the answer to the holes http://home.howstuffworks.com/question301.htm , they are there to have bumps inside hold on to them

-matt
Old May 19th, 2009, 05:47 PM
necco
Hookah Pro

Hah, wow, you really can find anything on the internet!
Old May 19th, 2009, 05:53 PM
StinkingFish
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatpride1 View Post
Idk these coals be cursed with some bad ju-ju from the hookah gods. Was coughing up black Flem from the wire melting all weekend, thought i had the Black Plague or some shit. Haven't been able to smoke a full bowl with out coughing yet. Hoping tonight will be the night.
Damn, piss off the hookah gods, get cursed with the black plague. Back to coco nara it is!
Old May 19th, 2009, 07:15 PM
LoQuik
Hookah Pro

I still wanna try the electronic burner anyways. You might have just got a bad one.
Old May 19th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Lu1gi
Hookah Nut

could the bowl have somehow cracked and caused the coal to fall off? i dont really see how it could have just exploded because i dont think ceramic explodes when it gets hot.
Old May 19th, 2009, 10:42 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu1gi View Post
could the bowl have somehow cracked and caused the coal to fall off? i dont really see how it could have just exploded because i dont think ceramic explodes when it gets hot.
only thing i can see happening is if the bowl had a tiny crack in it, some juice got in it, got sealed off and then got heated to the point it cracked it further, i would bet its just the whole thing failing but idk

-matt
Old May 19th, 2009, 10:47 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

I took the outer casing for the coal I took apart into the garage before to test it's strength....that thing took a few hard strikes with a hammer to get it to split.

Old May 19th, 2009, 10:51 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
I took the outer casing for the coal I took apart into the garage before to test it's strength....that thing took a few hard strikes with a hammer to get it to split.
temperature can change the properties of stuff a lot with just a little difference

-matt
Old May 19th, 2009, 10:55 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Quote:
you destroyed it?
Old May 19th, 2009, 11:03 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
you destroyed it?
http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11844

Old May 19th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Every act of creation is first of all, an act of destruction
Old May 22nd, 2009, 11:59 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Frankly I was pretty interested in picking up a couple of these things but having one explode is a bigger risk then I am willing to take. I think i'll stick with charcoal.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 03:31 AM
Efactor
Hookah Newbie

yeah, im also waiting for more results before i decide to get this. The ideal and design is pretty awesome except for the wires.
Old May 24th, 2009, 12:35 PM
texashookah
**~ Supporting Vendor ~**

Interesting... we were even looking into this product. We will have to wait until we hear from more people before we invest in the product. Thanks for the heads up.
Old May 24th, 2009, 12:50 PM
scoobyhookah
Hookah Newbie

Hello , Mahir had sent me another electric coal and I must say so far so good im telling ya its working great on my Mya QT and its just one.....the other one is goofed at the coal itself I think the wiring is messed up on it has to be since its quits when being plugged into the main unit......the light goes off and it doestn work but as soon as you unplug the coal from the unit the light goes on......I am super glad the one he sent works cause I sure love it im lazy and when I just want to use my QT its great.....for my KM i'll stick to natural coals......
Old May 24th, 2009, 12:55 PM
ShishaBubbly
Banned

I was going to get one to try, but now I'm going to pack that thought goodbye.
Old May 24th, 2009, 12:55 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

they obviously have some quality control issues when it comes to the coals just quitting. but when you get a good one they are perfect.

Old May 24th, 2009, 01:08 PM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven

Dude that is seriously frightening. I also was contemplating an order at some point, but after reading this I'll just play it safe with the firepower I have here by me
Old May 24th, 2009, 01:21 PM
glostersa
Hookah Master

The absence of the holes do not matter and the power only runs on live and Neutral no ground needed for a 2 wire device
Old July 16th, 2009, 02:29 AM
Kelley555
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Kelley555 Send a message via Skype™ to Kelley555

We are very sorry to see such bad posts here,yes,we know our products should be improved step by step,there is a long way to experience,but all of us have to admit a view,any kind of new things need to constantly be improved then make it perfect.From the day of our products listed till now,we only got this bad feedback from our users,we urgently want to know how that was happened and why it exploded.
Regarding the problem of cord melting,we've solved and we posted new material of cord-Silica Gel Telfon for all of you,such kind of problem will never be happened.
Someone here said we do not test before sale,actually we did test for many times and we have CE and SASO certificate.We sincerely hope that you are patient for us to check the quality of new products.
Old July 16th, 2009, 04:51 AM
babaganoush123
Hookah Nut

post a pic of the electric burner i want to see what it looks like? there was a guy near my house selling something similar.
Old July 16th, 2009, 10:06 AM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Quote:
they obviously have some quality control issues when it comes to the coals just quitting. but when you get a good one they are perfect.
I agree, Ive had great sessions with my Electric coal. Its almost been my everyday coal for my smokes.
Old July 16th, 2009, 06:59 PM
cbyerspace
Hookah Nut

It could of been air traped in the ceramics... If there is an air pocket it will expand causing it to eplode, this happens alot with ceramics and clay, ussually its during firing that It would explod, but I guess it is possible to happen after words... just a thought.

It could have also been the exposure to cold air, with ceramics if it goes form being hot to instantly being exposed to cold it will crack, maybe your ac kicked on and was blowing on it...

Who knows... I still would like to try one of these out... I would just use a wind cover to keep it from going everwhere just in case... lol
Old July 16th, 2009, 07:20 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbyerspace View Post
It could of been air traped in the ceramics... If there is an air pocket it will expand causing it to eplode, this happens alot with ceramics and clay, ussually its during firing that It would explod, but I guess it is possible to happen after words... just a thought.

It could have also been the exposure to cold air, with ceramics if it goes form being hot to instantly being exposed to cold it will crack, maybe your ac kicked on and was blowing on it...

Who knows... I still would like to try one of these out... I would just use a wind cover to keep it from going everwhere just in case... lol
i really doubt the heat would be the sole cause of it, firing goes up 2-3 times the operation temps of these units but i guess porosity could be a factor but idk. the thermal shock of air i dont see really being much of an issue either with the way ceramic is (air isnt exactly a great thermal conductor so its hard to thermal shock something)

no matter what, there is a quality issue here that im not sure is going to be resolved well, i dont want to bash on a product i havent tried especially when a representative takes the time to come here. however, if they have these certifications how are there so many issues, makes me thing there are not good quality control checks on the products and subpar quality materials are being used.

-matt
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook