Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu
   

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Packing Nakhla Double Apple in my km??

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 21st, 2009, 06:18 AM
bremen's Avatar
bremen
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: England, Portsmouth
Posts: 39
Default Packing Nakhla Double Apple in my km??

Hi, i've just ordered my new KM Double Copper Tri-Metal from john and when i get it i obviously want to smoke it but im not to sure how to pack my bowl propperly with Nakhla tabacco (I only have Strawberry and Double Apple Nakhla at the moment).
So if anyone has some useful tips about how to pack the bowl and what hole pattern i should do for the coals, please share them
Tnakyou
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old May 21st, 2009, 06:48 AM
Dunkel's Avatar
Dunkel
Status: Offline
Bad Motherf^&*er!

 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: West by God Virginia
Posts: 10,708
Default Re: Packing Nakhla Double Apple in my km??

Pack it like you would for any other hookah.
__________________
Tangiers =
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old May 21st, 2009, 06:51 AM
bremen's Avatar
bremen
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: England, Portsmouth
Posts: 39
Default Re: Packing Nakhla Double Apple in my km??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
Pack it like you would for any other hookah.
remember lol im a hookah noob... this is my first hookah.
i usually free up the tabacco and drop it in. but i dont know if your ment to back it dense or anything :S
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old May 21st, 2009, 07:22 AM
BobMarley's Avatar
BobMarley
Status: Offline
Hookah Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,856
Default Re: Packing Nakhla Double Apple in my km??

Sprinkle it on so its very light and there's openings for air, then gently pat it down.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old May 21st, 2009, 07:54 AM
photolinger's Avatar
photolinger
Status: Offline
Arabian Sensation

 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 5,364
Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger
Default Re: Packing Nakhla Double Apple in my km??

checkout the setup vids:

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/video...y&categoryid=1
__________________

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old May 21st, 2009, 09:36 AM
Dunkel's Avatar
Dunkel
Status: Offline
Bad Motherf^&*er!

 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: West by God Virginia
Posts: 10,708
Default Re: Packing Nakhla Double Apple in my km??

Oh I see! You didn't say you were a noob. LOL Just sprinkle it in to just under the rim. Nakhla needs no special ritual to get it to smoke great.
__________________
Tangiers =
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old May 21st, 2009, 09:54 AM
Shienhausser's Avatar
Shienhausser
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NY/TX
Posts: 1,422
Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser
Default Re: Packing Nakhla Double Apple in my km??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
Oh I see! You didn't say you were a noob. LOL Just sprinkle it in to just under the rim. Nakhla needs no special ritual to get it to smoke great.

WHAT!? All that virgin's blood wasted for nothing!!.... Nakhla, you are a joker....

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old May 21st, 2009, 10:50 AM
omgheyitskenny's Avatar
omgheyitskenny
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 455
Default Re: Packing Nakhla Double Apple in my km??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shienhausser View Post
WHAT!? All that virgin's blood wasted for nothing!!.... Nakhla, you are a joker....

IDK why I just laughed at this
__________________
There are too many Nakhla DA fans =/
Wheres my Nakhla Esk apple fans...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old May 21st, 2009, 01:02 PM
mattathayde's Avatar
mattathayde
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Richmond/Yorktown VA
Posts: 3,779
Default Re: Packing Nakhla Double Apple in my km??

i usually sprinkle it to literally just below the rim then pat/tamp it down so there is a good gap. i do pack it a bit tight compared to others.

as to hole patterns i dont believe in them, i just use a pattern for consistency and out of habit (16,12,8,1 in rings on my mod bowl)

-matt
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:08 PM
bremen's Avatar
bremen
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: England, Portsmouth
Posts: 39
Default Re: Packing Nakhla Double Apple in my km??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shienhausser View Post
WHAT!? All that virgin's blood wasted for nothing!!.... Nakhla, you are a joker....

haha, i bought the tabacco on holiday and it was the only thing available.
But people say double apple Nakhla is ok... :P

what do you suggest then mighty one.....
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:33 PM
Trivial
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 575
Default Re: Packing Nakhla Double Apple in my km??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bremen View Post
haha, i bought the tabacco on holiday and it was the only thing available.
But people say double apple Nakhla is ok... :P

what do you suggest then mighty one.....
When starting out id suggest buying some stuff that less tempormental.. such as some Al Fakher, Starbuzz, hookah hookah.

Just my opinion
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:50 PM
mattathayde's Avatar
mattathayde
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Richmond/Yorktown VA
Posts: 3,779
Default Re: Packing Nakhla Double Apple in my km??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
When starting out id suggest buying some stuff that less tempormental.. such as some Al Fakher, Starbuzz, hookah hookah.

Just my opinion
nakhla is honestly one of the least temperamental tobaccos, given it is not a smooth and gentle as some of the other weaker ones its not a very hard tobacco to smoke. if your having issues with it your tossing on way to much heat, you didnt pack the bowl right at all (way to little of a gap or just way to little tobacco/way to tight), or got a batch that is really old... really really old

-matt
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old May 21st, 2009, 06:00 PM
BIGPOPPA's Avatar
BIGPOPPA
Status: Offline
I call it hypocritical BS
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: VAIL, AZ
Posts: 3,615
Default Re: Packing Nakhla Double Apple in my km??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
When starting out id suggest buying some stuff that less tempormental.. such as some Al Fakher, Starbuzz, hookah hookah.

Just my opinion
Hookah Hookah is tempermental when it comes to heat mangement. I dont think it falls under your catergory of less tempermental.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old May 21st, 2009, 06:22 PM
mattathayde's Avatar
mattathayde
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Richmond/Yorktown VA
Posts: 3,779
Default Re: Packing Nakhla Double Apple in my km??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGPOPPA View Post
Hookah Hookah is tempermental when it comes to heat mangement. I dont think it falls under your catergory of less tempermental.
af doesnt take heat as well as nakhla either and depending on the flavor of SB some need a good amount of attention (blue mist)

-matt
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old May 21st, 2009, 06:31 PM
Trivial
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 575
Default Re: Packing Nakhla Double Apple in my km??

I disagree.. Naklha is a less washed tobacco and uses more tobacco leaf then starbuzz or hh which makes it a harder tobacco to manage.

Starbuzz and HH also use more water which makes it much more foriving for packing and heat management


I have never messed up a bowl of starbuzz of hh... Didnt even know that was possible
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old May 21st, 2009, 06:48 PM
mattathayde's Avatar
mattathayde
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Richmond/Yorktown VA
Posts: 3,779
Default Re: Packing Nakhla Double Apple in my km??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
I disagree.. Naklha is a less washed tobacco and uses more tobacco leaf then starbuzz or hh which makes it a harder tobacco to manage.

Starbuzz and HH also use more water which makes it much more foriving for packing and heat management


I have never messed up a bowl of starbuzz of hh... Didnt even know that was possible
?

SB and HH are pretty easy to burn, they take a lot less heat.

with nakhla once i get it warmed up and move the coals 3 times in the first 15 mins i usually can get away with moving them 1-2 times for the rest of the 1:20 session. the leaf is what you want the stems (supposedly) make it harder to have consistent heat. HH is the shredded pipe tobacco cut and SB is so saturated it is about 2 stems above preserves in the consistency department (i smoke SB some times but honestly it is very saturated).

-matt
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old May 21st, 2009, 07:08 PM
ChronicHookah
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South OC
Posts: 3,291
Default Re: Packing Nakhla Double Apple in my km??

it's funny, i like to get technical:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjQ33LXMh6A
but shortly after i believe it was jayrunner89 who did a review of just simply dumping a little bit in a cheapo bowl and got the same results.
I still like the special ritual though dunk, even if not necessary
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old May 21st, 2009, 07:26 PM
Trivial
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 575
Default Re: Packing Nakhla Double Apple in my km??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
?

SB and HH are pretty easy to burn, they take a lot less heat.

with nakhla once i get it warmed up and move the coals 3 times in the first 15 mins i usually can get away with moving them 1-2 times for the rest of the 1:20 session. the leaf is what you want the stems (supposedly) make it harder to have consistent heat. HH is the shredded pipe tobacco cut and SB is so saturated it is about 2 stems above preserves in the consistency department (i smoke SB some times but honestly it is very saturated).

-matt
More tobacco and less washed it is.... is what makes a tobacco hard to maintain. Its the reason why OG tangiers is hard for people to pack is because og tangiers is 17% tobacco and Nakhla is next with 10% (Source is eric of tangiers)


The amount of coals is not important in my opinion, it is how you have to manaage them. I can just put 2 coals straight in the center of starbuzz and HH and not have to keep it on the rim or move it around.
I personally use the most coals on tangiers( if you want to watch my tangiers video i have the bowl surronded.) This does not mean it is the least tempermental tobacco and I dont have to move them around either cuz they are on the RIM.


Least tempermental tobaccos are going to be very wet watery tobaccos that are highly washed such as JMs, Starbuzz, Fantasia, HH


More tempertmental is going to be Nak, tangiers, al waha, des murli


All in all.. tobacco washed are generally going to be more foriving in packing method and less tempermental
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old May 21st, 2009, 07:37 PM
mattathayde's Avatar
mattathayde
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Richmond/Yorktown VA
Posts: 3,779
Default Re: Packing Nakhla Double Apple in my km??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
More tobacco and less washed it is.... is what makes a tobacco hard to maintain. Its the reason why OG tangiers is hard for people to pack is because og tangiers is 17% tobacco and Nakhla is next with 10% (Source is eric of tangiers)


The amount of coals is not important in my opinion, it is how you have to manaage them. I can just put 2 coals straight in the center of starbuzz and HH and not have to keep it on the rim or move it around.
I personally use the most coals on tangiers( if you want to watch my tangiers video i have the bowl surronded.) This does not mean it is the least tempermental tobacco and I dont have to move them around either cuz they are on the RIM.


Least tempermental tobaccos are going to be very wet watery tobaccos that are highly washed such as JMs, Starbuzz, Fantasia, HH


More tempertmental is going to be Nak, tangiers, al waha, des murli


All in all.. tobacco washed are generally going to be more foriving in packing method and less tempermental
^^ idk about all that

i dont think the % you are using are tobacco, because nakhla sure as hell doesnt have 90% of other stuff in it besides the tobacco, i think that might be nicotine.

i honestly think you are the exception with some of the things there because i dont know of any one that can just plop a coal in the middle of a bowl and it not burn and ive never heard nakhla called temperamental (and if it was so temperamental why can i toss nakhla in a bowl night after night with no issues yet it took me months to figure out blue mist when i had gotten it to smoke perfectly before)

-matt
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old May 21st, 2009, 07:46 PM
Trivial
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 575
Default Re: Packing Nakhla Double Apple in my km??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
^^ idk about all that

i dont think the % you are using are tobacco, because nakhla sure as hell doesnt have 90% of other stuff in it besides the tobacco, i think that might be nicotine.

i honestly think you are the exception with some of the things there because i dont know of any one that can just plop a coal in the middle of a bowl and it not burn and ive never heard nakhla called temperamental (and if it was so temperamental why can i toss nakhla in a bowl night after night with no issues yet it took me months to figure out blue mist when i had gotten it to smoke perfectly before)

-matt
Quoted from Eric
[FONT=&quot]"Tangiers is about 17% tobacco leaf, the next closest would be Nahkla at 10%.[/FONT]"

From erics website
What is the nicotine content of Tangiers Tobacco?
Approximately 0.3%



"yet it took me months to figure out blue mist "


I'm not going argue the subject any more its just going to get repetitive


Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old May 21st, 2009, 08:55 PM
Dunkel's Avatar
Dunkel
Status: Offline
Bad Motherf^&*er!

 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: West by God Virginia
Posts: 10,708
Default Re: Packing Nakhla Double Apple in my km??

Nakhla is way easy to get right. Comparing Nakhla to Tangiers for ease of use just because they are both unwashed is crazy.
__________________
Tangiers =
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old May 21st, 2009, 09:19 PM
Trivial
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 575
Default Re: Packing Nakhla Double Apple in my km??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
Nakhla is way easy to get right. Comparing Nakhla to Tangiers for ease of use just because they are both unwashed is crazy.
There both not unwashed Know your product you love so much!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old May 21st, 2009, 09:26 PM
Dunkel's Avatar
Dunkel
Status: Offline
Bad Motherf^&*er!

 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: West by God Virginia
Posts: 10,708
Default Re: Packing Nakhla Double Apple in my km??

Just because HS says it doesn't make it true. Nakhla is .5%, Taintgers is .3% explain to me if it has more tobacco and is unwashed, how it has less nicotine than Nakhla?
__________________
Tangiers =
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old May 21st, 2009, 10:04 PM
Trivial
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 575
Default Re: Packing Nakhla Double Apple in my km??

Bring me evidence that suggest otherwise... And I have seen washed tobaccos claim .5 and some say they have tar.. doesn't mean it is correct

I trust my source
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old May 21st, 2009, 10:22 PM
mattathayde's Avatar
mattathayde
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Richmond/Yorktown VA
Posts: 3,779
Default Re: Packing Nakhla Double Apple in my km??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
Bring me evidence that suggest otherwise... And I have seen washed tobaccos claim .5 and some say they have tar.. doesn't mean it is correct

I trust my source
wait your saying show you evidence that tangiers has more nicotine than nakhla? smoke them, theres your evidence. tangiers is the only tobacco that gives me a buzz any more, i can smoke nakhla for 3 hours and not get buzzed but i get a buzz pretty fast on tangiers, not a huge one but some

-matt
Reply With Quote
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nakhla Apple vs Double Apple Luv2Smoke Hookah Discussion 12 October 9th, 2010 01:29 AM
Nakhla Double Apple dobber Hookah Discussion 4 September 29th, 2008 12:14 PM
Nakhla Double Apple JillyIsJustKidding Hookah Discussion 16 March 6th, 2008 09:43 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 PM.

Skin Design By vBSkinworks



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2012, Hookah Pro Inc.