Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu
   

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Adding a mya hose adapter?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 21st, 2009, 12:31 PM
Hookahbomb
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 11
Default Adding a mya hose adapter?

I have a mya acrylic and want to put a second hose port on it for get togethers. I see the existing port unscrews and I could put in an autoseal adapter. How does the other fit in once? I can unscrew the purge cap and take out the ball bearing but there's just a short piece of threads sticking out left. Can you take that out with pliers and put in another hose port?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old May 21st, 2009, 12:36 PM
RaceMyGhost's Avatar
RaceMyGhost
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SoCal, CA
Posts: 802
Default Re: Adding a mya hose adapter?

yes, that short little piece the purge cap screws onto is removable. It will be tight, so pliers like you said is a good idea.
__________________

Go Noir or Go Home.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old May 21st, 2009, 12:56 PM
Hookahbomb
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 11
Default Re: Adding a mya hose adapter?

Awesome, thanks. I'm still a noob but I've never really used the purge valve so I figure I'll just leave it with 2 ports installed. Does everyone purge?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old May 21st, 2009, 01:16 PM
mattathayde's Avatar
mattathayde
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Richmond/Yorktown VA
Posts: 3,779
Default Re: Adding a mya hose adapter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceMyGhost View Post
yes, that short little piece the purge cap screws onto is removable. It will be tight, so pliers like you said is a good idea.
pliers= bad idea, you will probably damage the threads. using a rubber jar opener to grab it works better, if you cannot get it still you can use pliers with something thick between it so it dosent mar it.

some times it comes out easy some times not.

i also found that some times you can go get the generic port adapters that are female threads that screw onto that piece there. i was able to use the piece from my rotator that works perfectly

-matt
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old May 21st, 2009, 01:24 PM
RaceMyGhost's Avatar
RaceMyGhost
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SoCal, CA
Posts: 802
Default Re: Adding a mya hose adapter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
pliers= bad idea, you will probably damage the threads. using a rubber jar opener to grab it works better, if you cannot get it still you can use pliers with something thick between it so it dosent mar it.

some times it comes out easy some times not.

i also found that some times you can go get the generic port adapters that are female threads that screw onto that piece there. i was able to use the piece from my rotator that works perfectly

-matt
there is a section on the little piece that isint threaded. So shouldnt be a problem but good advice.
__________________

Go Noir or Go Home.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old May 21st, 2009, 02:10 PM
mattathayde's Avatar
mattathayde
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Richmond/Yorktown VA
Posts: 3,779
Default Re: Adding a mya hose adapter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceMyGhost View Post
there is a section on the little piece that isint threaded. So shouldnt be a problem but good advice.
on my mini acrylic is screws in so far that it would be hard to grab that part, but still you have a high chance to mar it, even though it might not be the threading that marred, not to aesthetically pleasing

-matt
Reply With Quote
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hose adapter jtowncamero Hookah Discussion 0 April 28th, 2009 12:13 PM
KM hose adapter hookah_bob Hookah Discussion 11 April 8th, 2009 11:53 AM
HomeMade Valve hose adapter dmcwebd Hookah Discussion 7 March 30th, 2008 12:39 PM
2 hose adapter larrypzlast Hookah Discussion 1 February 14th, 2008 02:28 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 PM.

Skin Design By vBSkinworks



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2012, Hookah Pro Inc.