Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Does it matter?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 24th, 2009, 08:42 AM
bLinkZor
Hookah Nut

Default Does it matter?

A hookah noob question that's been bothering my mind, does it matter by the inches of you hookah? I know the the wider the gauge of the hookah hose port, the more smoke or the easier to draw smoke from the hookah.
Old May 24th, 2009, 09:16 AM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven
Default Re: Does it matter?

Yes and No and I'll tell you why I say this. With a hookah that is 26" or larger, the smoke has more time to cool before seeping through the hose and into your mouth. Lots of people get the misconception that the larger the hookah, the more your smoke density will increase. This is entirely FALSE! With an 11" Mya Bambino, I have gotten more smoke than my Khalil Mamoun or two Nour Syrians have ever gotten. The larger the hookah, the more time the smoke has to cool. That's about the only thing I can think of to tell you bro. I hope this helps.

Salam

- Mohamed
Old May 24th, 2009, 09:26 AM
PCServe
Hookah Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to PCServe Send a message via MSN to PCServe Send a message via Skype™ to PCServe

there are no real differences.
i have a 30cm and a 62cm hookah and its really the same. the smaller hookah has a more intensive flavor, but the difference is very small.
Old May 24th, 2009, 09:31 AM
bLinkZor
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarBeyondDriven View Post
Yes and No and I'll tell you why I say this. With a hookah that is 26" or larger, the smoke has more time to cool before seeping through the hose and into your mouth. Lots of people get the misconception that the larger the hookah, the more your smoke density will increase. This is entirely FALSE! With an 11" Mya Bambino, I have gotten more smoke than my Khalil Mamoun or two Nour Syrians have ever gotten. The larger the hookah, the more time the smoke has to cool. That's about the only thing I can think of to tell you bro. I hope this helps.

Salam

- Mohamed

Thanks man for replying, this really got me looking at hookahs differently, because I was thinking of getting a Nour 24" as my next hookah but I might go for the 28"
Old May 24th, 2009, 09:38 AM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by bLinkZor View Post
Thanks man for replying, this really got me looking at hookahs differently, because I was thinking of getting a Nour 24" as my next hookah but I might go for the 28"
Oh my God! I am so proud of you for considering a Nour Syrian! I think I can speak for Abu Ronin, Photolinger, Hajo Flettner, and myself when I say that you are making a wise decision. I am of Syrian descent, so I smoke my Nour Syrians everyday. If you purchase one, I am sure you will be delighted with the quality and craftsmanship put into these wonderful hookahs. It is possible that you may have grommet issues, but these can easily be fixed at the ease of spare change lying around. Best of luck to you my friend!

Salam,

- Mohamed
Old May 24th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser

I always considered it to be more aesthetic,

I prefer at least 24"-30" simply b/c I smoke with it on the floor.
Old May 24th, 2009, 10:39 AM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Even this cooling factor of taller hookahs is probably negligible. How fast does smoke travel thru the stem in your hookah? Pretty fast, it spends less than a second in the stem, not much time to do any cooling at all, the difference is probably not noticeable unless you are super sensitive to temperature.
Old May 24th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Shushyne4np2ne
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Shushyne4np2ne Send a message via Yahoo to Shushyne4np2ne

I really don't think it makes a difference. Seriously though, look up the KM height rule. I can't remember the exact off the top of the head, it's like 23 inches or shorter have a smaller gauge stem. Feel free to correct me.

Old May 24th, 2009, 12:07 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

you will notice a slight difference between an 11 inch hookah and a 60 inch hookah. i noticed the smoke seems to be a bit smoother on my 32 from my 18 but not a lot. i notice though that the size of the vase is a larger factor, a hookah whos base is very large (above the water line) has a bit thicker/more consistent smoke and is not as choppy when you inhale on it (usually you stop noticing this choppyness after a few smokes but it is there).

i put more into the vase size than the stem size, given a longer stem down have more time for the smoke to cool but a bigger thing is that the heat from the coal doesnt travel down as far. on my mya mini half way down the stem gets warm by the time im done where as on a larger rig much more distance is still cool so the smoke can be cooled a touch and the heat wont transfer to the water as much.

buy a quality rig that looks good to you, has a reasonable size for you (if you travel with it a smaller one is smarter, where as if it never leaves your house a larger one may be nicer), etc

-matt
Old May 24th, 2009, 12:57 PM
ShishaBubbly
Banned

I've got 12 hookahs of various sizes. 2 large hit great, one medium terrific and my mini is wonderful. All depends on how well they are sealed.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook