Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Ed Hardy goes shisha (hookah)?!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 27th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser
Default Re: Ed Hardy goes shisha (hookah)?!

oh man, dont even get me started on some of the crap ive seen at galleries (mostly private of course) in Dallas ROFL.
Old May 27th, 2009, 11:37 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Just moved this to hookah discussion, cause it applies.

I dont like it, and honestly I feel this will greatly mar the image of Shisha.

However, freedom of expression, what can you do.
I mean stopping at the glass base should be enough. but making more round QLs...and tagging their name on a mod bowl...and a mya hookah....and whats is probably gonna be epic tobacco? NO.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old May 27th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Gift3d
Hookah Nut

Oh jeez. Cheap "designer" hookahs and "premium" tobacco, i'm sure they'll all have an outrageous price. They look cool and all... but we'll see how that turns out.

/e i just got a look at the prices cause i missed it the first time, goddamn i laughed my ass straight off. nice joke.

Last edited by Gift3d; May 27th, 2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old May 28th, 2009, 04:34 AM
Royal2000H
Hookah Nut

That site is verrrrry unprofessional, even for a temporary.
The images were all made in photoshop or even a worse photo editing program.

I doubt this is really by Ed Hardy. Probably some guy trying to make money off the Ed Hardy name....

Edit: take that back

Ed Hardy is licensed for everything you can think of.
http://www.donedhardy.com/licensee.html

The Hookah link on that page takes you to http://www.edhardyairfresh.com/

There's even Ed Hardy:
Beer, Gum, Smart cars!!!, Tea/Coffee, Vodka... WTF??

Last edited by Royal2000H; May 28th, 2009 at 04:41 AM.
Old May 28th, 2009, 05:12 AM
bremen
Hookah Newbie

haha those bases look awsome!
Old May 28th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

This makes me sad to see .. going to ruin the image of hookah.

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old May 28th, 2009, 10:07 AM
MichaelMassacre
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MichaelMassacre

I wear Ed Hardy, thank ya very much. Not too much, just a couple shirts. I like the type of artwork. Its definitely more expensive than DC/Vans, but if you shop around its not that much more expensive.

I can't imagine how expensive anything hookah related w/ an Ed Hardy name would be though... Yikes!
Old May 28th, 2009, 12:09 PM
myka
Hookah Pro

Ed hardy makes crap products, there clothing line is a bunch of garbage. I hate this company and I really hope this website is a bunch of crap as well.
Old May 28th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Sport City
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to Sport City

I can understand why some people are flamin the Ed Hardy stuff, but I rock their shirts and jeans all the time. The bowls looked good in my opinion and I like the colors too. To each is own.
Old May 28th, 2009, 01:03 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

ok seriously who the fuck is ed hardy ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeRingSteve View Post
i agree with ya PC.

i do think Ed Hardy stuff is overrated. Some of his artwork looks like a kid did it... but then again, so does a lot of modern "art."
its not even modern art its conceptual art which a lot of us that just like to do well made pieces of art refer to as wankerism and douchebaggery. from the quick glance i saw of that stuff on the site it doesnt look to horrid though, not my taste by far by its very graffiti like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shienhausser View Post
oh man, dont even get me started on some of the crap ive seen at galleries (mostly private of course) in Dallas ROFL.
i know exactly what your talking about dude, try being in art school when you dont like that kind of stuff...

-matt
Old May 28th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

oh its even better when people are buying them for the same money as months worth of our salary. pisses me off big time.
Old May 28th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Scrubmonkey
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Scrubmonkey Send a message via Yahoo to Scrubmonkey

Ed Hardy is a tattoo artist. If i remember correctly he apprenticed under Sailor Jerry (yes like the liquor...which he marketed also) and their style of artwork is the old school sailor style tattoos. For me i CAN'T STAND that type of old school artwork because it looks like a child drew it. But it is also getting on my nerves that they are marketing Ed Hardy all over the place and people buy it because it's the "in thing" and what not and they don't even know who Ed Hardy is. #@*(%$&@*(%*!)#_&_$'ing ed hardy >.<
Old May 28th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Efactor
Hookah Newbie

I am not a fan of ed hardy and i dont think their style is attractive however i do think that there are alot of ppl that actually do like his style and i think its wrong to bash ppl who like his stuff. To each his own.
Old May 28th, 2009, 02:42 PM
ebaygirl
Hookah Pro

I know a lot of girls here in Silicon Valley and Orange County, CA. that would love to get a hold of a designer hookah, specially Ed Hardy.
Old May 28th, 2009, 02:52 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaygirl View Post
I know a lot of girls here in Silicon Valley and Orange County, CA. that would love to get a hold of a designer hookah, specially Ed Hardy.
i call the idea for having a Polo, vera bradley, louis batton, etc hookahs

better yet a vera bradley or louis batton HOSE. (no i am not gay/metrosexual just my sister is obsessed with that stuff and i went to school at a very preppy private school for highschool)

-matt
Old May 28th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Fall
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeRingSteve View Post
i agree with ya PC.

i do think Ed Hardy stuff is overrated. Some of his artwork looks like a kid did it... but then again, so does a lot of modern "art."
It's not even close to modern art, its rehashed trash.
Old May 28th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Iggy
Hookah Newbie

Hope the shisha is not gonna be overpriced like the clothing line... Hardys tattoos were meant to look expensive but cheap to get done. Hope this shisha is not like starbuzz...
Old May 28th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Siken
Hookah Nut

@ iggy look at the first page.
there are the prices for the shishas :P

and hmm... i think the will not produce shisha tobacco, they will just buy finished tobacco and redesign it ^^
and then the sell it for the doubled price.

Last edited by Siken; May 28th, 2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old May 28th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Scrubmonkey
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Scrubmonkey Send a message via Yahoo to Scrubmonkey

again i will say, Ed Hardy and Sailor Jerry"s artwork has been around for years. that style has been one of the founding fathers of tattoo artwork. But yes it is just being "rehashed" into a "hip" style. As for bashing people for liking Ed Hardy apperal I agree with Efactor...to each his own.... for example i LOVE my pink and black hair...others don't, it's just not their style. Same thing for this clothing style...hence why they have so many different styles out there...
Old May 28th, 2009, 05:27 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
i call the idea for having a Polo, vera bradley, louis batton, etc hookahs

better yet a vera bradley or louis batton HOSE. (no i am not gay/metrosexual just my sister is obsessed with that stuff and i went to school at a very preppy private school for highschool)

-matt
Ok polo, as simplistic as the shirts are, they are well made and last long, it just sucks they are that expensive...and if you've ever worn the pima cotton ones...they are nice.

Vera Bradley is famous for I'm not sure what, I remember being in school when EVERY girl had to have one of those bags, personally i like simplicity in clothing. If its too loud, then yes, it does draw my attention...to ignore you as much as possible.

and its Luis Vuitton, and if i used caramel to write out an L and V on a brown terd, someone would pay 1000 for it. That is sad.

and if you look at the men's clothing: http://www.louisvuitton.com/web/flas...=home_entry_us

you wonder why they think a V-neck on a guy is right. We have those to stare at cleavage not man-cleavage. its just not right.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old May 28th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Tattoofreak
Hookah Newbie

Ed Hardy is a old school tattoo artist who is well know in the tattoo world he has done some of the best sailor jerry tatt's out there but he has kinda sold out and is putting his name on everything I cant blame him went from making 100K a year to millions plus just by using his name not bad. If you dont like his stuff dont buy it I know I will not but he is a great artist and you have to respect that
Old May 28th, 2009, 06:25 PM
xin666
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to xin666

You may say that you like the designs and such, but you can't really judge that based on the site because it's a bunch of photos made in the shape of vases (in the dumbest terms). The fact that it's made it this far is pretty bad. I can respect his tattoos, but when it's everything from clothes, cups, perfumes, and now slapping it on hookahs.

When comparing the ability of countries adapting other cultures traditions, America comes in last place. The Japanese can take almost anything and blend it into their culture, making it Japanese (EX: Tempura is not japanese originally, it was inspired by Portuguese traders in japan). Americans just ride a dead horse and slap somebody's name on a product to sell it for more money. I feel bad for hookah. We should lead a revolt.
Old May 28th, 2009, 06:32 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by xin666 View Post
You may say that you like the designs and such, but you can't really judge that based on the site because it's a bunch of photos made in the shape of vases (in the dumbest terms). The fact that it's made it this far is pretty bad. I can respect his tattoos, but when it's everything from clothes, cups, perfumes, and now slapping it on hookahs.

When comparing the ability of countries adapting other cultures traditions, America comes in last place. The Japanese can take almost anything and blend it into their culture, making it Japanese (EX: Tempura is not japanese originally, it was inspired by Portuguese traders in japan). Americans just ride a dead horse and slap somebody's name on a product to sell it for more money. I feel bad for hookah. We should lead a revolt.
honestly ed hardy probably doesnt even know they are smacking his name on hookahs stuff, he probably has some one that runs his marketing stuff that OK'ed it and he probably wont know about until he starts to get money coming in from it

-matt
Old May 28th, 2009, 06:42 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

The shirts and the rest of the clothing is a bit "loud" for my tastes. All the other products are a bit over the top and Christian Audigier is a slime balled douche trying to squeeze every last penny he can out of the the Ed Hardy name by sticking it on every product possible. What's next?... Ed Hardy brand bread, milk,... eggs?
Old May 28th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Black t-shirts, jeans and BDU's/khakis.

Half of my clothing doesnt even have a brand and ill keep it that way lol.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook