Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

I love reading shisha reviews

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 28th, 2009, 09:22 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Default I love reading shisha reviews

I don't always read them but since there has been alot of hype with the new Tangier's Lucid flavors and since I have been trying them I thought I'd see what you guys thought. It's so interesting since I know what I like an when I hear a different opinion I think wow that's odd, this person has no idea what they are talking about, like brand x's flavor y was a 10/10 and lasted 3 hours. I'll be shaking my head thinking, no way, how did that happen? I don't agree at all.
Then I'll see a review of the same product and the review is more of something I would have agreed with.

Then someone will review something I think is great, and shoot it down, again, me shaking my head.
I think we have different pallets, as well as different setups. In the end, it's great to get someone else's experience with it.
Thanks for the guys who make those reviews, I know it's time consuming but it really gives us a good perspective on what's out there,
John
Old May 28th, 2009, 09:47 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger
Default Re: I love reading shisha reviews

i suck at typing them, im more comfortable taking the extra time to do a vid, i may need to go back and type them up now

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old May 28th, 2009, 09:51 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

I base almost all of my purchases on reviews. Once in a while I will make impulse purchases for new flavors. Hell I bought four of the new Lucid flavors and then two more that had great reviews. Perfect example. Impulse and review consideration both in the same order.
Old May 28th, 2009, 10:04 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Our review section is certainly something to be proud of.The fact that one can search a product and find such a wide range of opinions is a testament to the willingness of our members to take the time to share their thoughts and help others w/their decissions.
Old May 28th, 2009, 10:39 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

also i like the fact that there aren't a lot of "what's your favorite starbuzz flavor" threads like there was when i first signed up. the starbuzz section literally doubled in 6 months.
Old May 28th, 2009, 10:41 PM
esisomsun
Hookah Pro

yeah i try to write a review for every flavor i smoke, some good, some bad..
Old May 28th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

My reviews are dangerously honest. LOL I follow no trend and am not influenced by anyone or anything. I may not have a world class palate, but I know what's good and what sucks.
Old May 28th, 2009, 11:23 PM
kingboyb
Banned

Our review section is great and I think its fantastic that we have such a "library" of great reviews for us all to reference.

The one thing that I have noticed recently is that outlier scores on a commonly reviewed tobacco tend to either be taste related (ex: "I don't like coffee flavored shisha, but it was free, so I give this a 4/10") or usually user error (i.e. mishandling more complicated tobaccos). I guess what I'm trying to say is that look at all reviews for a particular brand/flavor. No single reviewer out there has tastes just like you, so don't weight your decisions too much on one reviewer. Read alot and make your own choice.
Old May 29th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser

We certainly have a good database.

I try to have unbiased opinions about flavours but hey, everyone should know that Nakhla is the butter on bread.
Old May 29th, 2009, 12:23 AM
prince of hooka
Hookah Nut

i would also like to thank everyone for doing the reviews wether its by typing or by video. you have made this site the google of shisha filled with information
________
Expert Insurance

Last edited by prince of hooka; April 22nd, 2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old May 29th, 2009, 03:51 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince of hooka View Post
i would also like to thank everyone for doing the reviews wether its by typing or by video. you have made this site the google of shisha filled with information
Hehe and on the other hand, if you google a particular shisha you're likely to be directed to these boards. Seriously, try Googling "Shooting Star" and like the first three links are to these boards.

Great job by all. Gotta love HP.
Old May 29th, 2009, 04:05 AM
Rorookah737
Hookah Newbie

as soon as i get a viable camera/web cam ill do video reviews but for the meantime ill make post on new flavor's i smoke for the day and yeah its pretty awesome to see so many other places that tell others to come here for hookah information
Old May 29th, 2009, 07:16 AM
krampi
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to krampi

I really like reading written reviews, because they help me a lot, when i try to choose a flavor to buy. But i like the video reviews more tbh. People can explain the flavors more, and you can see the amount of smoke that it produces.
Old May 29th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I like the reviews a lot! Written and especially Video!

The reason we started this site, was to have a place to review and discuss brands, flavors, etc. for everything hookah. With honest reviews .. and not biased towards any particular vendor, manufacturer, or other.

Cheers!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old May 29th, 2009, 08:04 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Oh, and another great thing about the reviews here is that they are done my real members, for example, I am thinking about buying a gps nav from costco, they have user reviews, however, how the hell can I trust the reviews? Is it costco making the reviews? is it the manufacturer typing in the reviews? who controls it? Same thing when you read reviews on restaurants, you never know who is typing them.
Old May 29th, 2009, 11:16 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

i usually try to base what i buy on reviews, i dont like buying randomly and letting it be a gamble if its good or not. i also try to give an unbiased reviews of stuff. if i dont like the flavor i try to describe it in more depth so that people can understand the flavor and can decide if they will like it still

-matt
Old May 29th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Matt-641
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
Oh, and another great thing about the reviews here is that they are done my real members, for example, I am thinking about buying a gps nav from costco, they have user reviews, however, how the hell can I trust the reviews? Is it costco making the reviews? is it the manufacturer typing in the reviews? who controls it? Same thing when you read reviews on restaurants, you never know who is typing them.
That's what I always think when I look at reviews on retail stores' sites. They could very easily be having thier employees write good reviews :/. That's why I like Newegg and most online communities that do reviewing for products.

This site was actually what made me convinced to try Nakhla. Glad I did too!

Last edited by Dunkel; May 29th, 2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old May 29th, 2009, 11:46 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

I love reading them, and I LOVE writing them.
Old May 29th, 2009, 12:17 PM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
I love reading them, and I LOVE writing them.
I have to say quite a few of your reviews helped me make the decision to try out certain flavs and brands Zen.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 03:31 PM
Trivial
Banned

Yeah I like reading the reviews.. but then when i read a review on someone who doesnt know how to smoke the tobacco correctly i just *palm to forehead*
Old June 3rd, 2009, 03:42 PM
paulk
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to paulk

The reviews are what helped me make up my mind about my new Hookah, MZ Luxor 29.5 inch from Social Smoke. ( Should be here tomorrow YEAH!)

Thanks everyone who posts reviews.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:19 PM
Liszt
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
My reviews are dangerously honest. LOL I follow no trend and am not influenced by anyone or anything. I may not have a world class palate, but I know what's good and what sucks.
Follow no trend Mr.Dunk? Because nobody whatsoever likes Nakhla =). You'll be smoking Romman one of these days =)
Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:29 PM
Knights
Hookah Newbie

The shisha review format on this website is nice, but it doesn't seem as if anyone really goes into detail when reviewing. When it says "Flavor:", reviewers should say more than "GOOD."
Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:31 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights View Post
The shisha review format on this website is nice, but it doesn't seem as if anyone really goes into detail when reviewing. When it says "Flavor:", reviewers should say more than "GOOD."
Read my reviews, and Dunkel's, and Abu Ronin's.

I have the same problem, I completely agree with you. Most reviews I see from the newer members don't have anything telling us what the flavor actually tastes like. They definitely need to elaborate.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:32 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights View Post
+1234

i really hate it when people just put good or bad, i know i at least try to describe it so others can get an idea of it
-matt
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook