Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

KM, MZ, etc from Generic

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old May 29th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Hookah Nut
Default KM, MZ, etc from Generic

So I've pretty much figured out how to tell the different styles apart.

Like Egyptian, Syrian, Chinese... The sticky was helpful...but it took more than that. (Though I still don't understand why a Chinese manufacturer can't make a knockoff Egyptian)

But say you see a hookah on the street. You are able to figure out it's Egyptian based on look. But how do you know if it's a KM or not (or MZ for that matter). Is it signed or engraved or something?

That is... Unless you've seen that specific KM model in pictures or something, is there really a way of knowing?
Old May 29th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Hookah Newbie
Default Re: KM, MZ, etc from Generic

KM's will normally be marked so. Check out the ashtray.
Old May 29th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Hookah Pro

Theres really only one engraving and its on the tray. Any retailer can put a KM tray on an MZ, but trust me, when you look at them, you know which one is a KM and which one isn't. There are many pictures online to look at and KM's have distinct welds and aesthetics, but for some, they are hard to see. The only ones that are trick are Syrians. I still can't pick our nours from other Syrian hookah's and thats probably because I do not own one. If you have any questions about if a specific hookah is a KM or not, just post it up. And Chinese hookah's are easy to pick out. They do not have weld marks and are machine made, and they usually aren't very solid. Sure a Chinese company can rip off a KM hookah, but It will be noticeable. Chinese hookah's are not hand crafted and aren't traditional like the ones that are produced in the Middle East. I'm sure someday Chinese hookah's will be just as good as traditional Egyptian pipes are, but well see, and I will most likely cry or be dead when it happens.

Last edited by myka; May 29th, 2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old May 29th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Hookah Nut
Send a message via AIM to c000weee Send a message via Yahoo to c000weee

a KM tray will not fit on an MZ. MZ tray's kind of "snap on". The stem on an MZ almost always have a smooth bubble design. There a a nut at the end of a down stem on all MZ's also. The tray will be stamped with the MZ globe looking thing.
Old May 29th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Hookah Master

Once you ve seen as many hookahs as some of us have...u can pick out the brand by their own slightly unique styling....just takes a bit of time ^_^ KMs are easy, most people can pick those out a mile away. Although others, still fail.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook